Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old December 5th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #291
ummax

Re: Xavier's still at it :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzovia
As "number of serious take over offers had been officially presented" , as had presented an offer that we hope can compete with the others, we must be one of those serious take over.

Luinil

So your guessing please stop

just because you made an offer doesn't mean your one on the table or even considered as a serious offer in the eyes of the negotiators
Old December 5th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #292
soulsnatcher

OK guys. Enough is enough now. We have purposefully left these threads open to give people a place to debate the ongoing situation. It should also show that there isn’t really a bias thing going, despite the accusations, as we would have been more than entitled to close them, especially judging by the conduct of some of the posters. While I realise that people believe in things with passion, which in many ways can be commended, when this same passion makes you turn on a community, post misleading statements, untruths, accusations and all manner of nastiness, it has to stop. Now is the time for it to do just that. The abuse, the attacks, the spam – it all stops.

Too many people here are condemning the other side. To ryzom.org, if players here want to favour the route they chose. You can’t condemn them for that. That is their choice. As your route is yours. To the Ryzom players condemning Ryzom.org. you should also consider that these people are trying to do their best for Ryzom in their way. In some ways they’ve done a lot. Publicity for the game, raised interest from investors and potential buying companies, proposed a valid offer to the liquidator. This fighting is beneath the level of community that this game has raised. So stop.

There have been a lot of points raised, some good, some bad, some that lead me to believe the posters need to start a career in fictional literature and some just not worthy of the members of the community that has always been one of Ryzom’s biggest assets. So to address a few of the points with some facts:

Is Nevrax biased in any way. No it can’t be. Their role in this has to be to remain neutral.

Are Jolt “in the bidding” for Ryzom. No.

Are the companies who have chosen not to be revealed right now real? Yes, and there are a lot of them.

Do Jolt make a lot of money from Ryzom and Nevrax? Do they put money before all else? I wish, but no.

Is Jolt biased against Ryzom.org? No. Their business decision is their decision. Much as the plans of the other companies are their plans. Some feature us, this one doesn’t. That’s business for you.

Are all CSRs volunteers? No. Some are paid with real money. Some are volunteers. Some started as volunteers and are now paid with real money.

Support is all done by volunteers, even account handling stuff. No. As above, not all are volunteers. And anything of a sensitive nature, involve accounts etc is always handled by paid and trained staff.

CSRs don’t handle billing. Sorry but you’re wrong. Yes we do. Bibit handle the transaction of getting the money and passing it on, all account enquiries (of which there are many) are handled by us.

Does Jolt decide on bans. If a player needs to be banned, they are banned. Senior CSRs have the power and unfortunately from, time to time have to use it. We wish we didn’t.

Some Ex CSRs are very vocal in wanting Ryzom.org to work. Well go figure, didn’t see that one coming. No really. Some former CSRs, and I won’t name the community, left when they didn’t get their own way. It happens. That’s life.

Jolt doesn’t treat CSRs very well. Well I think the above answer kinda deals with that. If people don’t get what they want then they consider themselves hard done by. Happens.

Jolt held back the lore on events. You truly have no idea of how it works and how we discuss event plotlines.

Now while I’m sure that has missed one or two of the more charming statements, accusations or just plain wrong ideas made on these threads, the time has come to move on from this. There are too many factors involved in this whole process for one group or another to be aware of everything. The due process now is taking its course and must be allowed to do so. There is more than one buyer and more than one future so there is a lot more to debate sensibly. So quit the mud slinging. Quit the name calling. Quit abusing each other and definitely quit breaking the forum rules. You know what they are and if you don’t I suggest you go and read them.

It really doesn’t matter if you are from Ryzom, Ryzom.org, the open source community, Mars or anywhere - the personal attacks, flames, trolling, abuse and general disregard for the forums rules stops now. Everyone has a right to make constructive debate - use it rather than make it sound like some school playground bickering. So it stops. Now. The two communities here, Ryzom.com and Ryzom.org should stop condemning each other. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. To shout someone down because they want to express theirs is not community, that’s just dictatorship.

Ultimately we all want what is best for Ryzom, whichever way that feeling of “what is best” is approached. If we didn't we'd have all packed up and gone home a long time ago. Be it a “safe” company buy out or whatever other options are there.

A lot of people. past and present, have put a huge effort into Ryzom, both in development, support and playing - this abuse is almost an insult to our history. So just stop.

So take a deep breath, cut the BS and stop trying to win arguments that ultimately are going to be flawed because not everyone knows everything. It’s over. There’s a game here to play. Go play.
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #293
tryzovia

I totaly agree on that we should not be fighting each-other (ryzom.org/ryzom.com). My point was to defend the project I beleve in. It seems that doing so I may have cause more damage than good.
So In order to calm down the prosess, I will keep quite waiting the final decision of justice.
If ryzom.org fails, so do it,
If it succed, I hope all the community will stand as one for the best of SoR.

Ryzom.org forums are still open uf you wan't to talk with us, and you can send me PM if you wan't to.

Luinil
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #294
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsnatcher
If a player needs to be banned, they are banned. Senior CSRs have the power and unfortunately from, time to time have to use it. We wish we didn’t.

knowing the bad man suffers the consequences of his actions is one of the events in life I can smile at
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #295
telar

well soulsnatcher , your last post you should have posted about 10 pages ago , this discusssion got quite out of hand, anyhow in a fortnight we all will be wiser. If the game stays on some will leave some will stay.
If its closes,well we will find other games. It would be a shame, Ryzom is a very nice game, but it wont be the end of the world
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #296
soulsnatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by telar
well soulsnatcher , your last post you should have posted about 10 pages ago , this discusssion got quite out of hand, anyhow in a fortnight we all will be wiser. If the game stays on some will leave some will stay.
If its closes,well we will find other games. It would be a shame, Ryzom is a very nice game, but it wont be the end of the world

Well, with an issue as passionately believed in by all sides as this one, we decided to let everyone blow off some steam and get all views aired. The fact that some went further than they should of unfortunately disguised some interesting issues. But it's done. And so far it seems it's holding which is a credit to the community.
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #297
ummax

my face still hurts anyone got ice? lol

sorry could not resist
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #298
kiexa

/tar unmax
double cold 16 spell

Old December 7th, 2006, 03:01 AM   #299
ummax

yay thanks the ice burn and numbness hides the pain of the black eye part quite nicely hehe
Old December 7th, 2006, 03:32 AM   #300
nillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsnatcher
OK guys. Enough is enough now... [ rest of the post ] ...There’s a game here to play. Go play.

*applaud*

Well said.
Closed Thread