1-2 moths 19 12.58%
3-6 months 51 33.77%
Longer 50 33.11%
undecided 24 15.89%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 24th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #21
laymans

Talking Re: How long willl you give?

Ditto the "As long as they need" sentiments. I've played Ryzom for a year and two weeks. Loved ever minute of it. There are a few additions to the game I'd like to see - but as long as the game stays alive, even as is, I'll be very happy!

Erom
laymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #22
ffxjosh

Re: How long willl you give?

so we've gone from a poll that people would put pressure on GF to a thread that reassures GF.

I'm glad to know that most people feel like i do

The First Homin to win the Shield of Presteige

Created theRyzom mooning and the Naughty Spriteh Videos

ffxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #23
marct

Well, if it is any indication, I picked up and started to play ogame for a couple days just to see what it is like and what they are like.

Well today, a new Advertisement showed up where there had previously been none. It's an add for *drum roll* Ryzom!!!

I think that has to be a positive sign. We will see how it progresses.

P.S. I'm a 2 months until they show me something, not just promises.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #24
gretchen

amazed anyone answered 1 month. It's going to take a month for everyone to learn each other's names and get into a new routine.

I hope it takes as long as it takes to do it right. I don't want anything rushed and I don't want stuff unduly put off.
gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #25
kaarina1

I am sorry but to me this post is rude. Who are we to say how long we give them to prove themselves? They own the game and I am sure they will do the best they can to keep it alive and growing if that is their intent. I wish them well and will support the game as long as I can.

We choose to play they choose to offer us a game to play. what if they said we had x time to prove ourselfs as players before they banned us?...insane yes ...

Just my Euros worth
kaarina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #26
ffxjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarina1
I am sorry but to me this post is rude. Who are we to say how long we give them to prove themselves? They own the game and I am sure they will do the best they can to keep it alive and growing if that is their intent. I wish them well and will support the game as long as I can.

We choose to play they choose to offer us a game to play. what if they said we had x time to prove ourselfs as players before they banned us?...insane yes ...

Just my Euros worth

interesting analogy, except we pay the company. Also us as a community is alreaqdy established in Ryzom. they know exactly what we're like (or they should do, why would they buy the game without knowing the players?)

It's not like they have created the game and starting it from scratch. Therefore there is an already existing playerbase who have spent alot of their hard earnt cash already on the game. 'Why should I, who has spents literally 100's of euros on this game allow a new company to just take over and ruin it' (please notice the ' ' s) - as an extreeme attitude.

Also it would be silly for GF to think that they dont have to 'prove themselves' and i believe they welcome the players to challenge them to give them a run for their money. They have bought this game as a challange (from buying a game from a company that went under because of it) and from what ive read they seem like people with decent heads on their shoulders and they dont need people being over-sensitive for them.

Old December 25th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #27
telar

I also think this post is rude. I think there are quite a few player, who managed to play this game for the last two years. If gameforge only steps up the pace a little more than nervax did, it allready will be an improvement. And ryzom has alot of space for improvement, I´m looking forward to the changes and Improvements gameforge has in stall for us. Give em a chance

Last edited by telar : December 25th, 2006 at 04:33 PM.
telar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #28
ffxjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by telar
Give em a chance

How are we not 'giving them a chance' ???

Old December 25th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #29
telar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxjosh
How are we not 'giving them a chance' ???

forgot to finish the sentence, give them a chance to settle down , and get things going befor you pester them with this kind of threads. I suppose they got to read enough complains and bickerings, if they go through the english and german forums ,*. Best thing is they wipe the whole damn thing and start of with a clean sheet

* didn´t mention the french one , as I can´t read them

Last edited by telar : December 25th, 2006 at 04:35 PM.
telar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #30
rundll32

I think youre over reacting ever so slightly. All you have to do is look at the poll to see the majority of people are happy to wait 3 - 6 months before even considering leaving. Which would be quite a long time for nothing to happen.

Im sure GF are settling in now, and have every faith in them. But letting them know how long some of the playerbase are prepared to hold out on visions and promises before we will expect content isnt such a bad thing.
rundll32 is offline   Reply With Quote