Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 8th, 2007, 07:20 AM   #21
mithur

Re: What if the NGE comes to "Saga of Ryzom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
Are you saying the folk at SOE had (have) no common sense ?...

Big companys making big mistakes that nobody repeats are a common place. They want beat WoW. They learn that WoW can't be beaten in their ground.
mithur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 08:41 AM   #22
ashling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
Are you saying the folk at SOE had (have) no common sense ?...

Yes I am. They got caught up in telling the end users what they should like instead of engaging or even listening to the existing users likes and desires. Once you start doing that in the design of anything your moving towards failure.
ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #23
arfindel

Common sense is the least thing they lack, devoted players tolerated much more than this for years.

But lets only say they come from a game of 500k people player base to this:

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cf...re=1034&bhcp=1

As for the intial question... ryzom players are as patient as any player base. GF is not a big corporation where nobody has a personal responsability. Somebody sometime somewhwere will want the money of a certain player base that floats around. SWG's 500k players didn't vanish into thin air, they're testing and waiting. They're just more suspicious and been taught to learn swiftly the bad omens when they show up.
arfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #24
fadebait

Whats the point of posting random FUD on the forums?

Its not going to happen. There is no reason to suspect that it will.
fadebait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #25
tr808

Also it has been debated over and over again already.... cant u guys just drop it lol?
tr808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #26
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfindel
Common sense is the least thing they lack, devoted players tolerated much more than this for years.

But lets only say they come from a game of 500k people player base to this:

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cf...re=1034&bhcp=1

Thanks for the link, I had to smile when I read the 'winners' in the categories. I was one of the SWG 'casualties' , and I am aware of how easily you can wake playing a 'new game' if you don't make your opinion/concerns heard.
Ryzom is the new home to a lot of ex galaxy players, and like it or not the actionjs of Gameforge are being monitored very closely...NOBODY want Ryzom to change beyond recognition..so the 'negative' galaxy comparison posts are not all doom and gloom..they are simply saying "NOT AGAIN !!"
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:40 PM   #27
katriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithur
Hmmm... From memory, will not search now in log, but he says about quest for new players coming from silan, to make the transition to ML smothest, not about make the game quest-driven.

About the bosses not so bad idea; Is one of the main entertaiment for the high levelers...
If the bosses are as interesting as Lixie and Sirgio, I'm all for it.

But, the quests are potentially a major problem if they are not written and constructed correctly.

Quote:
[20:03] Souls_666> and casting back to the missions question just briefly, weve been asked if you can put any kind of eta on that - no matter how rough
[20:05] Phelan> i would burn my fingers there. if all goes perfectly, maybe just a few weeks. but no commitment there. The first new quests will be for lowlevelplayers (for newbies on the mainland) and then we will do something for the highlevelplayers

By the sound of that, they are planning to implement quests throughout the game. Besides, they have to once they get started down that path - those who come from Silan's quests and find equal "content" in early levels of the mainland are going to expect the same trend to continue, to guide them all the way to "endgame." Sad.

GameForge, and every other MMO developer, must be reminded of the NGE over and over again because the lure of profit in a different audience is what led to the NGE, and that lure can so easily be bitten onto when the desire/need to tune a game for profit is felt.

Is it silly to peer at a few words typed with so much suspicion and concern? Not at all.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #28
cabert

Ok ok.......Ryzom on OSX would be great. I think more games should port for Mac users. The only real problem I see with it is......I'd probably lose my job for being caught playing at work. I do graphic design so I use Mac's for that..My Pc is really just there for games.

As far as the NGE: I've suffered enough at the hands of SOE. I moved to Ryzom let's talk about that game. Those of you bitter over cu and NGE let me direct you here www.truegalaxies.com
cabert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #29
ark014

I think this thread was quite useful, it proved the Ryzom player-community will NOT tolerate a dumbing down of "Saga of Ryzom". "Saga of Ryzom" is one of the few online games left that is a true MMORPG, and that follows the MMORPG model advocated by Raph Koster.

For those interested in MMORPG theory see Raph Koster's website, http://www.raphkoster.com

Thanks,
Amphiaraus
ark014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #30
tr808

Imo it wasnt that usefull, it only proved it to you, a smiple search could have gave u the same answer... this topic has been adressed so many times now.
tr808 is offline   Reply With Quote