Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 9th, 2007, 08:29 PM   #41
ark014

Re: What if the NGE comes to "Saga of Ryzom"

I enjoy "Saga of Ryzom" very much and hope it retains its unique qualities.

I despise simple minded games like WoW and SWG/NGE and hope that Gameforge stays clear of such nonsense.

Perhaps many people here will appreciate Ryzom more when they learn about the NGE and how simple minded and vulgar it is.

My leading Ryzom char Amphiaraus is now melee 100 and is over 50 in offensive and defensive magic. It was an uphill struggle getting this char to that level, but in MMOs unless you have to work hard to achieve goals there can never be a feeling of accomplishment.

Thanks,
Amphiaraus
ark014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 05:13 AM   #42
motan

I am very happy about this post because some people never learn from other's mistakes. I'm sure GF is not like that... but better safe than sorry. I think it is important for the community to emphasize that the community would not accept a dumbed down game.

There is a very good reason why a major game mechanics change is not accepted by the players of a mature game: all the players still playing enjoy the game as is, those who did not enjoy it are long gone.

I'll end up by disclosing that in some developer circles, a very stupid mistake done by management is affectionately known as "doing a smedley".
motan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 06:25 AM   #43
hazira

I'm one of those poor souls who tried SWG after the NGE. I had wanted to try what I had been reading about, freedom, economy, crafting, housing ect.. And instead was faced with the same thing I was used to in other games, and it wasn't done all that well either.

I'm a baby newb in this game, but so far I haven't found anything all that difficult to understand, you just use common sense and logic, this is what I am starting to love about Ryzom it lets you think and make your own choices. Although I do want more things in Ryzom, I would weep if they pulled an SOE, I'd like a bit more content mission wise, not that I've seen that much but still, I'd like all cosmetics to be available to all races, player housing with furniture, furniture crafting, a bit more work in the R2... Basically I'd like to see Ryzom being embellished, not changed and redone, the same game but with more 'oomph'
hazira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #44
acridiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazira
Basically I'd like to see Ryzom being embellished, not changed and redone, the same game but with more 'oomph'

You know that there´s a REALY good German HardRock Band named "Ooomph!"?
Yeah, it would ROCK to have them make a Song about Ryzom *gg*

Like Chronicles of Spellborn did with Nightwish. *LOL*

Acridiel

Edit: Sorry for the Offtopic
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #45
mithur

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridiel
You know that there´s a REALY good German HardRock Band named "Ooomph!"?
Yeah, it would ROCK to have them make a Song about Ryzom *gg*
I see that other german bands like "Leaves Eyes" are more fitting to Ryzom... Ooomph... a bit... Fyros?

Then, I'll choose Einstürzende Neubaten for Karavan :P
Quote:

Best than the main topic, truth be tell
mithur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 04:27 PM   #46
hazira

Quote:

Like Chronicles of Spellborn did with Nightwish. *LOL*

Acridiel

Oh sorry for more off topicness and nit picking, but it's Within Temptation that is the band promoting Spellborn.
hazira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #47
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashling
I don't see that Acridiel. While the NGE made things easier to kill (nearly everything could be killed solo, one of the bosses needing two people) but the NGE made gaining levels harder in SWG for everyone except jedi. The original idea for SWG was the game really started after you got your skills and it was part of it that I loved.

I played from beta to NGE and did not master any skill....I enjoyed the economy and RP as I managed my trader. And the original SWG was not level based anyway...that came with the CU
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #48
ashling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
I played from beta to NGE and did not master any skill....I enjoyed the economy and RP as I managed my trader. And the original SWG was not level based anyway...that came with the CU

True. A bad choice of words for gaining skills

I infinitly prefered it preCU but I still mastered out my professions fast. The game didn't focus on a long grind to get your skills in the PreCU or CU (at least when I joined and doctors buffs were going too strong) unless you wanted to be a jedi (I didn't ). Comparitively the NGE is harder to level in.
ashling is offline   Reply With Quote