Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 5th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #1
aardnebb

Negative feedback for Gameforge

OK, so to balance Peros positive post, I would like to post some of the less pleasant things I have had to deal with recently.

1. New servers = more packet loss for me by about 4-8% at ANY TIME, vs 0% for Jolt outside of an actual server down. This makes for a jerky, less enjoyable gaming experience.

2. No events, no sign of them for forseeable future.

3. Incomplete CSR cover.

4. Various negative experiences with new CSRs including deleting my posts when I ask about things, abusive private tells and unproffessional reactions to the valid questions of a paying customers. (Please note this is not _all_ new CSRs, just a few.)

Heck, I have been polite and non-abusive (if unflattering) here, but I kind of expect this post to be deleted too.

EDIT: not to detract from Peros positive experience, the two are not mutually exclusive, just want to show there are two sides to the coin.
aardnebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #2
mugendo

Re: Negative feedback for Gameforge

A bump of this post to remind GF there is a lot of work to do
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #3
hazira

Not convinced they need the very many reminders, take your time guys as long as the improvements, events and whatever else needs to be done is done right.
hazira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #4
d29565

*nods in agreement* I'm glad AA got their junk back, but seems there are more things that could have been worked on, that restoring a 4 month year old 'lost our stuff' problem. (no offense to AA). Seems they would have replaced their stuff by then anyway.

I would much rather prefer some non pvp events from time to time. Or *gasp* some Kitin Invasions. Give me a reason to finally work together with my Karavan friends.
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #5
katriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardnebb
1. New servers = more packet loss for me by about 4-8% at ANY TIME, vs 0% for Jolt outside of an actual server down. This makes for a jerky, less enjoyable gaming experience.
I'm all the way over on the pacific coast of North America and I usually don't experience that. However, I did notice a slight increase in other symptoms of latency.

Quote:
2. No events, no sign of them for forseeable future.
Tydamus: "Events are something we are hoping to bring back relatively soon, but at this time, there is no time frame we can quote for you. The majority of the support team has only been instated less than a month, so things are still in the process of being worked out."

Quote:
3. Incomplete CSR cover.
This is true. Someone asked in Universe a day or so ago if there was a CSR available. No one answered, because, woops, /who gm revealed nothing for a while.

Quote:
4. Various negative experiences with new CSRs including deleting my posts when I ask about things, abusive private tells and unproffessional reactions to the valid questions of a paying customers. (Please note this is not _all_ new CSRs, just a few.)
I have to agree that some seem occasionally a bit too aggressive. Perhaps a bit more care in phrasing would be helpful in alleviating this impression.

Although I would like to respect and compliment the efforts of the people in Gameforge who have invested in this game and thereby allowed it to live on, I feel that it is wholly appropriate that the player community apply pressure on them at this juncture. We need to show that we expect this game and its community to be treated well.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #6
dakhound

real end of the world game breaking problems.

....no problems so far from me, better 1 good event per year than the 100 crap ones nevrax team did
dakhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #7
danolt

The message I got from restoring our stuff, which I agree was certainly not a priority, was one from management. That message was the existing subscribers matter.

As far as complaints, I would call most of the ones I have as growing pains. I think they have been overly heavy-handed in some issues and not involved enough in some others. Since it is March, I would like to point out that I really dislike referees in basketball games that become so involved that basically there are three teams on the court.

My number one complaint is communication. They have failed miserably in the past on informing the community on some fairly important issues. I do think that GF is starting to find its voice and they are doing better. I would really like to see some discussion on vision. What is their vision for Atys. The fact that there has not been one presented makes me think they lack a clear one and are trying to decide where to go, still.

I am a lore fanatic, I would call myself a role player who still likes to talk about pizza hut in guild chat. Every decision my character makes is based on interpretation of the lore. I am very afraid that the lore is going to be lost, and that the Karavan and Kami will turn into a basic home/away team breakdown. I think this is actually costing them subs.

Some clear indications of direction are overdue.

Pero
danolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:02 PM   #8
d29565

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolt
I am very afraid that the lore is going to be lost, and that the Karavan and Kami will turn into a basic home/away team breakdown. I think this is actually costing them subs.

From the Kami forums, many Kami are aftraid that the lore will be lost as well and everything will begin to be more about power than fighting for one's god or goddess.

I've never been big on lore, but I've always appreciated people that play Ryzom by the lore and I always try to RP with someone who is RPing with me. I fear that if nothing is done to keep lore ingame then Ryzom maybe end up with pointless battles non stop without breaks for a nice RP event, etc.

(sorry, veered slightly off topic, but I think the main point is there. That events are very important to the Ryzom community).
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #9
mithur

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
I have to agree that some seem occasionally a bit too aggressive. Perhaps a bit more care in phrasing would be helpful in alleviating this impression.

Worst than that, IMHO. Some *not all* CSR take an aggresive approach. They are rude. Some even make little threads where it have no sense at all (Like "putting you in the bad players list" and so on).

I have no contact at all with CSR, not news nor olds, just one ticket some months ago, but I read the channels and see things that I don't like nothing at all. We are not childrens; the middle age in this game is more in 30 than in 20. It's easier get the things smooth being cheerful than being rude.

I was the first in give my vote of confidence to GF in the CSR matter; they need a new team, so let's see how they do.

But, after a time watching, I think that GF needs to give a touch to the CSR in order to they take a better aproach to relations with players. The CSR are the face of GF in game, and, I'm sorry, but is a rude face. I've seen hundred of times news moderators in forums and websites that think they could do in a better way than the last ones. Usually, they are wrong. The line maintaned by the Jool team was outstanding, and it must be followed by the new team; I think that isn't happening.

Again, I'll say that not all CSR do this. In fact, I've only see two doing in that way. But it is, for me, one of the worst things that could happen to the game and the community. And, as long as they are a team, all of then share part of the responsability of the face they give to players. And, well, if you are voluntary, and can't avoid be rude, give up the CSR and return to play as usual.
mithur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #10
aardnebb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithur
Again, I'll say that not all CSR do this. In fact, I've only see two doing in that way. But it is, for me, one of the worst things that could happen to the game and the community. And, as long as they are a team, all of then share part of the responsability of the face they give to players. And, well, if you are voluntary, and can't avoid be rude, give up the CSR and return to play as usual.

Glad its not just me

Thats exactly what I was talking about.
aardnebb is offline   Reply With Quote