Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #91
troll16

Re: Negative feedback for Gameforge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrus
Actually sadly I have to agree with Wallo on 1 point.

The CSR staff.
There are several cool CSR's, by far.
But there's also a few that have really gone out of line quite a few times.

- Threatening with mute's for saying wtf is going on? after a pop wouldnt despawn. (this happened once).
- Threatening with mute's for saying LMFAO in kami chat and around. (has happened SEVERAL times. And tbh, LMFAO IS *NOT* bad. Say whatever you want, its not.

- Sending me tells telling me they have the right to rewoke my ban for jokes. (this happened ONCE by accident by Cyrize, and he appologised straight away, it was a accident and i fully understand that) But its also happened by 2 other CSR's. And they were far more persistant. They only actually went and checked their facts after I literaly told them that if they didnt stop, I would call their superiours and sue their asses for harrassment
... At this point, they checked my records to find I have never been banned.

Did I get a appology? Sort off, interpret this however you want:
Oh, it seems you are correct. We all make mistakes. Have a nice day.
That was their straight reply after 20 minutes of arguing on it wasting my time.

And this is only part of the things, some have been generally rude in the way they talk and choose their words too.

So at this point, I gotta agree with Wallo.

The rudeness and some of the warnings regards a special CSR who I really enjoyed at first.

I agree with the CSR's an abbreviation of a swear word is no different to the swear word, they still both have the same meaning. Personally swear words don't bother me I just tend to ignore them as they just remind me of kids trying to get attention, but some people do take offense to them and as this is a community of people you have to consider the rest of that community.
troll16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #92
kyesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll16
I agree with the CSR's an abbreviation of a swear word is no different to the swear word, they still both have the same meaning. Personally swear words don't bother me I just tend to ignore them as they just remind me of kids trying to get attention, but some people do take offense to them and as this is a community of people you have to consider the rest of that community.

Well said.
Ive spoken with a fair few of the new CSR and all have helpful and friendly. Ive been rooted once but i prolly deservered it They dont have an easy job to be fair, the system of complaining about CSR to CSR is far from ideal, but hardly the most important thing to change at this point.
kyesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #93
portios

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyesmith
Well said.
Ive spoken with a fair few of the new CSR and all have helpful and friendly. Ive been rooted once but i prolly deservered it They dont have an easy job to be fair, the system of complaining about CSR to CSR is far from ideal, but hardly the most important thing to change at this point.

I have had a good experience with CRS so far, but the first time I get a warning for a LMAO or WTF I am gone. I feel that is excesive. I have never seen anyone in any MMO get a warnig for something so silly. in fact I am quite shocked at tigrus incident
portios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #94
kyesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by portios
I have had a good experience with CRS so far, but the first time I get a warning for a LMAO or WTF I am gone. I feel that is excesive. I have never seen anyone in any MMO get a warnig for something so silly. in fact I am quite shocked at tigrus incident

Its a rule, excess, maybe, but it really depends on the context, everyone knows what it means so is it any better or worse than typing it?
Does it really matter tho? Say what you like in team/guild chat, but in public chats its not really suitible, i admit to saying those type of things without really thinking about it
kyesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #95
mugendo

Quote:

You arrived in a community that has low tolerance use of offensive/abusive/innuendo abbreviations...If you believe standards are 'silly and excessive' then you are not alone in this opinion...but there are many aspects of the game many players are accepting to compromise............ combat, direction of expansions, events, the sage, etc,,,etc,,,etc,,,,
Without these compromises there would be no Ryzom community.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #96
raven41

(yeah I know late response, good thing I don't care :P) So they banned Z? This is sad indeed, Maybe its cus im a hardheaded american :P But this really annoys the hell ot of me, And makes me want to just move on before it gets any more preposterous... Next, I'll ge banned cus I said hell... How stupid and border line childish IMO to ban Z for his first post(Or any other post i'v read so far)... pff...

Wow, Imma stick wit RL for awhile... The police aren't even this annoying *Even tho I got stopped right at the end of my driveway last night for my talights(incorrect collor display...fair enough... but at the end of my driveway jeez..) )*
raven41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #97
d29565

They didn't ban Z. They banned Wallo. Now a days, they dont seem like the same person. Z was opening and caring and loved Ryzom. I didn't see all of that in Wallo.
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 02:59 AM   #98
danlufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratara
Hmmm... If youre going to reply to a post, read _ATLEAST_ 5 posts above yours... OH! which would bring you to a post by Spriteh...AND(!!!) *points below to the word in bold*

oh imagine that :P
xoxo
<3 u

Nah im not that bothered to care about reading 5 posts above me lol \

I still think gameforge are doing this properly, seems well thought out, and done in sequence
danlufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #99
japamala

Quote:
I have had a good experience with CRS so far, but the first time I get a warning for a LMAO or WTF I am gone.

Personally, I have a fixed number of those things I see before leaving myself.

(I'm talking about the abbreviations, I hate 'em)
japamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 06:07 PM   #100
raven41

Here's some negitive feedback for ya, Please waits suck ass, And iv had 2 please waits of infinet length *had to relog* and then logged into a third one...*within an hours time* So I finnally said screw it and came here to whine about it. and just those few sentences have made me feel better.

I am going back to RL where there are no please waits, hell with it.

P.S. my connection to the internet hasn't faltered at all here, So its eiher the server, or something in between.
raven41 is offline   Reply With Quote