Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 24th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #81
mugendo

Re: New content / Old content

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat75
Even if sometimes it means decreasing the challenge a bit here and there .. or how do you call it? Dumb down. Just a bit.

The Saga of Ryzom 'Decrease the challenge a bit here and there' plugin
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #82
mugendo

Quote:
Your example does not offer any explanation why lot of kids wants to build sandcastle on the same spot, when there is lots of unused space around. Maybe the sand around those places over there is full of dog ... hair. Hm?

Well that seems to be the issue here....How to cater to the kids who don't know the difference between dog.....'hair' and play equipment.
I refer to those kids as Full of .....'hair'
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #83
dakhound

I think you being unfair, simpler doesnt mean easier always, more user friendly doesnt mean childish. stop scoring points and make a few constructive posts
dakhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #84
mugendo

And this is the part of your post I enjoyed to read.
Many of these suggestions have merit and would improve Ryzom in my opinion...

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
And now, since I already got the hang of it, I let my fantasy fly. Further I will describe some modifications, additions which will never see the light.....
Some of them would be easy to implement, some not.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

5,. Recognizable equipment icons, with durability bars on it.
- each type of armor (med. light heavy) should have different icons. Creating icons is not a big deal. Do it. Now. Game is out since what 4 years, and the icon of heavy vest is the same as a light robe. No, mister, do your homework and create icons which helps us differentiate between equipment. While you are at it, find a way to illustrate the boost in it (if any: HP boost: red drop, for example) Durability bars to see how it is breaking down, and you know what? Some quality indication: say small star for fine, larger for choice two large for excellent , and gold star for supreme. All toggleable by preferencies of course. You dont have to see if you dont want.
Whoa, I can tell what is that equipment by just looking at it! Isnt it awesome?

6,. Filters. Grade and quality filters on house panels, guild house panels.
Yay, that would be great. Just like the one on vendors, you know what I mean dont you?
Whoa, it does not take 5 minutes to find an armor - among 45 others.

7,. Warehouses. Conveniently accessable thru stables. Have to pay to buy, have to pay weekly (irl) maintenance fee. Up tu industrial size, say 20.000 bulk. Yea, some of us actually need it. And willing to pay dappers for it. Packrats. I know. Please dont say the "you can start a new character, bring it to mainland start a guild and buy a guildhouse and store stuff there" argument. NOT CONVENIENT.
What, you dont want to allocate too much space for player data? Bad luck, Google stores over 1Gb for me , guess what: for FREE.
Whoa, finally I can hoard my I-will-need-it-sometimes-later items.

8,. Containers.
For the love of god, ultima online had containers. Just to help us keeping things organized. Say, keeping armor set, jewel sets in them. While you are at it, make an "equip all" button on containers, which would surprisingly try to equip all stuff in there, say a jewel set.
Make a "make default" button on it too, which would mark all equipment in it to be placed inside if unequipped. Make containers renameable. Heck, why not all equipment renameable. Why shouldn't i call my sword "Bloodspiller"? For anyone else, its "Choice Hobenyx or whatever sword of damage", but for me its the BLOODSPILLER. Hey, cool name.
You see where is it heading, dont you? I rename one of my container as "digstuff"
place my digging armor and jewels into it, make it default, I rename another container "fightstuff" place hp boosted jewels and armor in it, make default and ...
I open my digstuff, click equip all - and ready to dig, meanwhile all my armors jewels found their way to "fightstuff" container, which i can drop off to mektoub. Whoa. Complete redressing with 4 clicks! Now, that is convenient.
Containers bulk 5 + stuff in it, weight 5 + stuff in it.
Unless you want to create some special containers, say as a mission reward or buyable item at 5 million dappers+ which actually bulks and weights less then the stuff in it. What an unique idea! I bet NOONE has ever thought anything like that. They would be like container (or bag) of .. holding. Wait, that sounds familiar. Nevermind. People would kill each other for it. Heck, why not? Make it craftable item from one special new-opmat (available only at one -new op) and people WILL kill each other for it.

9., Tutoring
I would like to be able to "downgrade" my skills, so i could train together with my mate. Here is how it should work:
- Only one skill can be tutored at a time, you select the skill (say in skill tree) right click - tutoring, enter lvl you want to tutor.
at that moment all your actions that require higher skill or have stanza in it that requires higher skill become unusable.
During fight, you are considered as lvl x, where x is the number you chosen.
You can not obtain xp (none at all) on skill you are tutoring.
Example: my heal is 212, i with to lvl with my freiend who has ele 175. I begin to tutor my heal skill downto 170. At that moment I can only use healing as if I have 170 skill. Regarding all aspects my heal is 170. But, if we kill something, I cant get healing xp. Lets say will kill a mob, and i've used heal and DoA, normally i would receive 1500 xp doa, 1000 xp heal, my buddy would receive 2500 ele.
He does receive 2500 ele, but I get only 1500 xp doa, 0 heal.
Whoa, from now on, you can help your low level guildies even more! Huzzah!

10,. Companion TP
For only 50K (80K, 100K as you wish) dappers Kami and Kara would allow you to buy companion TPs, which would not only TP you, but all your packers and mounts within 10m of you if you use the ticket.
Whoa! Mektubs begin to be useful, not just as packing space in the stable.

11,. Craft to ....
You should be able to choose destination for your crafted item. Say packer 1 - if its near enough. Packers would have a "sell all to npc" button, which brings up a new window showing all the items you wish to sell at once.
Whoa! Crafting and selling made easy, convenient.

12,. Recently sold tab at vendors
There you should see the last 30(50, 100) items you sold to the NPC in the last hour. should you change your mind, (or you accidentally sold it) you can retrieve here for say 20% overhead.
Whoa! No more "fsck i just sold my q250 amp!!!!"

13,. Landmarks.
Need more zoom. For digging. You know sometimes mats are only a few meters away from each other. Maybe I want to mark them all up. Oh, yeah, eliminate the "Cant place more landmark blabla". And back up my landmarks on your own. At any time I want all my interface and landmark data mirrored. If one file fails, read the other and correct the failed one. My files were corrupted 3 times in 4 months. After the first I begun to backup them, but pls, do it for me, will you?
Whoa, no more "Im gonna pull my hair and eat it, i lost all my landmarks"

14,. Equip item to hand
How come i can't create macro or shortkey or something that puts my sword into my hand at one button press?

15,. Toolbar
Not enough space. Double it. Ok, half of the toolbars will not have shortkeys. So what, at least I dont have to change back and forth. Or wait, make it possible to rotate toolbar with 90 deg, and let me pop up toolbar from main, so i should have multiple toolbars on screen. Shortkeys work only for main toolbar.

16,. Target distance. Can I see the distance to the target, plz?
I know if i right click at radar, and choose "current traget" it will show, but if I change target it goes away..
I want to see that on target bar. Thats it.

17., Radar color coding. Please make aggro monsters have different color. Also make sure that they are rendered last, so non-aggros cant cover up aggros. I would totally appreciate it.

18., Exchange window.
Need more slots. 10, 14, 16, 20 maybe. While you are at it how about being able to see the other persons free bulk now, and after the trade?
If after the trade goes negative, trade will fail. AND I SHOULD actually see it before trying.

19., Alternate drag and drop system. If activated in preferencies, Ctrl would mean multiple selection. So i press crtl, click the items i want to drag, and drag them together. Or something like that. Maybe crtl-shift click would mean from here to there, like shift in windows.

Thank you for your time reading it. ( Please do not post in this thread regarding your ideas. )
EDIT: Please dont respond with your own ideas about how to fix opwars/pvp/one handed/ranged/whatever, which was not even mentioned in my post.
Feel free to respond with positive/negative criticism about my ideas, your ideas connected with any subject mentioned in the post.
Negative criticism about my style or personality would be preferred in PMs, pls.
Negative criticism, pointing out my mistakes, your opinion about the above subjects, even if they are different then my own are very welcome.

The main thing i wanted to say: why demanding new content, when we can't even use the majority of the old content?

Crafting is a pain because of the limited view options before and after creating the item, buying items is a nightmare because there is no reference to appearance anywhere until you actually own the item and wear it.....the hair and tattoo has the option to let you see what I am buying, is it so hard to expand that to other purchases ?.
Old April 24th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #85
flat75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
I think you being unfair, simpler doesnt mean easier always, more user friendly doesnt mean childish. stop scoring points and make a few constructive posts

Yeah, I think he is unfair. Does not let me make fool of him, he makes fool of himself alone.

Come on, where is my challenge in that, little troll?
I wrote a few pages full of argument, conclusions, and your reply is: play wow.
Oh yes, and when the majority will do that you will no longer have ryzom or ryzom forum to troll on. Be careful what you wish...
flat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #86
mugendo

Quote:
Yeah, I think he is unfair. Does not let me make fool of him, he makes fool of himself alone.

So the whole thread is just seeking player responses for you to ridicule....in a sarcastic way of course.

And as ironic as it seems flat75.....The thread is finally ON TOPIC

Of course I am not the first to say this to you am I ......
Old April 24th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #87
flat75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
So the whole thread is just seeking player responses for you to ridicule....in a sarcastic way of course.
And as ironic as it seems flat75.....The thread is finally ON TOPIC
Of course I am not the first to say this to you am I ......

Maybe you should repeat some years in the school, if you have problems understanding basic sentences.

You made fool of yourself by replying to a series of arguments seemingly long enough to exceed your attention span with a link: suggesting that I should play wow.
You did not cite facts, you have not said arguments or conclusions.
Therefore, you did not gave me a real chance to reply to.
That's all I said.

And no, it's not on topic, it is not about "how to embarass yourself while trying to look cool". Next time, please, bring up some arguments, or something or else I will have to try to teach you how to make constructive critique even if you are not agreeing with the poster.
And I will fail.
Old April 24th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #88
mugendo

First allow me to correct you if you are to educate me in presentation,

Quote:
Maybe you should repeat some years in the school, if you have problems understanding basic sentences.

You made fool of yourself by replying to a series of arguments seemingly long enough to exceed your attention span with a link: suggesting that I should play wow.
You did not cite facts; you have not said arguments or conclusions.
Therefore, you did not give me a real chance to reply to.
That's all I said.

And no, it's not on topic, it is not about "how to embarrass yourself while trying to look cool". Next time, please, bring up some arguments, or something or else I will have to try to teach you how to make constructive critique even if you are not agreeing with the poster.
And I will fail.

Now I have taken the liberty of amending the corrected text for the English audience I assume you are presenting this post to,

Quote:
Suggest removing 'THE' from the above sentence

You made A fool of yourself by replying to a series of arguments seemingly long enough to exceed your attention span with a link: suggesting that I should play wow.
(suggest changing to – Your apparent lack of understanding of the discussion is further evident in your use of a link suggesting I play WOW)

You did not cite facts; you have not said arguments or conclusions.
Therefore, you did not give me a real chance to reply to.
(suggest changing to – You presented no points to further the discussion, which prevented me from replying in any constructive or sarcastic way)
That's all I said.

And no, it's not on topic, it is not about "how to embarrass yourself while trying to look cool". Next time, please, bring up some arguments, or something or else I will have to try to teach you how to make constructive critique even if you are not agreeing with the poster.
suggest changing all the last paragraph to something more literate

And I will fail.
Well we have one common point of agreement to start from

Is that factual, comprehensive, constructive and conclusive enough for you ?
Old April 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #89
flat75

Yes, nice little grammar troll, it is.

Thank you for your corrections. And believe it or not, you have proven yourself unable to hmm .. further the discussion .. other than pointing out grammatic mistakes in someone's post.

Huzzah for you! I hope you don't mind if from now on, I will completely ignore your posts in this thread, but I may troll you back in your own discussion.

Edit: And by the way, I think there is no need to "correct the text for the English audience", it was meant only for you. And it is enough for me to know, that your "defeat" has burned into your brain deep enough to post something like that
Old April 24th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #90
final60

Quote:
- I get my 250 melee in GoC on great jugs and I always went there in a duo team: was not even AoD at the time. So it is doable easily in duo over lvl 200...
>> Most of the people, I mentioned in my post. At any time of the day, go to GoC ask who is hunting. Go to the Void, ask same.
Last time I did (yesterday)
GoC:0, Void: 25
Yes, it is possibly, no, it is not favored by most of the people.

For a long time the GoC jug spots used to be heavily contested between teams and guilds!

To allow more then 2 people in a team and to create a viable alternative to Jugs to complete a skill tree, Nevrax changed Plods and Shalahs to have high HP, with high XP for a large team! They used to be 3 nuke kills.

Last edited by final60 : April 24th, 2007 at 05:19 PM.
final60 is offline   Reply With Quote