Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 29th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #11
tr808

Re: Improvement of the ingame economy

Repairing will kill crafting, imagine u craft something for someone and the guy will never need u again... so that wouldnt be a good moneysink, more casual items to spend ur money on would be, think hats, capes, pets etc.
tr808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #12
mugendo

First, I like the vendors being independent of each other, this allows the 'local' crafters to attract customers to a particular area..of course this can be karavan/kami controlled areas keeping the factions as an indirect influence in the economy.
It would be nice if GF held a monthly event called 'Market day' where vendors are placed in a 'neutral location' where anyone can place items for sale setting their own prices. Then ONLY current player items will be available, from cats to mats...and everything between.
Items not purchased on the vendor could be retrieved at the end of the day...or go to that big money sink in the sky ....or added to the 'winning pot' of the great wheel
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #13
g00st

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00st
heh,

wasnt the greatest sifi du da in the planet created by a er tax embargo ;o)

good ideas

(watch some simpsons)

hell seeing as im getting taxed liek crazy in real life for some one's else to be a lazy sponging scumbag...

I want a guild and outpost tax!!!! :P

share the wealth
g00st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #14
jared96

As for the OP, I have to say that I haven't bought anything from a merchant for myself...at least since game went retail. When I see peeps grinding jools or amps and they throw on merchants, sometimes I buy a load and throw in GH. I still throw the ocasional sup HA set (moderate stats) on vendors and am always suprised when they sell.

-Best thing for the economy, I think, would be npc mats at higher levels.

-Best thing I think to encourage digging other regions would be if ya could get a crafft boost by using some racial (region) dug mats.

-Rent: Stable stalls, apartments, guild halls.....to be fair, rent would have to be based upon a mix of Atys time and time in game...... say so much "per month" or better yet "per season" since that's an easier tracker as it can be seen on map. The 2nd part would be based upon time in game.....tho I see a downside for peeps who never seem to log out. But seems to me a person who is on vaction for month and has not played game, shudn't pay as much as a peep logging on every day.

-hireable npc's - Be nice to hire an npc for boring tasks such as cp'ing, digging 3rd, 4th, 5th region, "bait". Last one for example would be "digger bodyguard".....when barney (vorax) shows up can macro ya squire to whack em and then run off along a "prewalked" route giving the digger a chance to finish his pull. Right now it seems this is being done quite often with 2nd player accounts and side by side puters....only paying RL money instead of dappers.
jared96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #15
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared96
-Rent: Stable stalls, apartments, guild halls.....to be fair, rent would have to be based upon a mix of Atys time and time in game...... say so much "per month" or better yet "per season" since that's an easier tracker as it can be seen on map. The 2nd part would be based upon time in game.....tho I see a downside for peeps who never seem to log out. But seems to me a person who is on vaction for month and has not played game, shudn't pay as much as a peep logging on every day.
current space ingame (not included merchant storage), should remain free after initial cost as it is now. anything extra (and it should be unlimited in bulk and in item slots) can and should be rented space (not one time fee, but "per season" based how much you using it).
and this should be same fee for everyone (if you didnt pay in time, balance gets negative, caped to Xmil dappers that you need to pay before you can get your items... or destroy items and you can use the space again)

.. and ofcourse npc vendors should take 10% / 20% from final item price for their services (seller pays when puts item on sale, no refund).... they need dappers too afterall ;-)
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #16
jared96

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaah
current space ingame (not included merchant storage), should remain free after initial cost as it is now. anything extra (and it should be unlimited in bulk and in item slots) can and should be rented space (not one time fee, but "per season" based how much you using it).

Now how do you expect that poor stable boy to support his family ?

Would be nice if you could update ya living quarters as you progress in level / fame / income .

0 Cheapo Packer
50 Medium Packer & Mount
100 2 Rapid Packers, Mount & Apartment with 1,000 bulk
150 3 Rapid Packers, Mount & Apartment with 2,000 bulk
200 3 Rapid Packers, Mount & Apartment with 2,000 + 1,000 bulk*
250 3 Rapid Packers, Mount & Apartment with 2,000 + 2,000 bulk*

*2nd number for Apartment inventory is accessible from GH or apartment

Add a (civ) fame component where the "furnishings" are fame dependent.

What I would most appreciate tho from a buying, selling and storage PoV would be the ability to make "sets". Like the helmet I have in dyron ? .... hit the "check for set" button. Then get the option to BUY HELMET or BUY SET of all 6 HA pcs.

Would come in real handy in GH and apartments when you wanna distinguish which of the 7 sets of HA ya wanna pull. Or when changing from HP gear to focus gear when heading out to dig. Equip an earing and get the "equip set" option pop up. Best for cleaning out GH where ya can now easily pull all incomplete sets out and dump em.

If GF put a checkbox on the INFO tab with a name window (i.e type in Boosted Focus Set) would cover the interface end, some DB work needed to track the extra parameters .... and while at it, I'm sure many would appreciate a "never sell" checkbox on there too.

Would make buying and selling easier as how many times have we all scrolled thru a list of 250 jools to find less than 10/10 pcs available ? Of course I'd love a "make set" option in the craft window but for fear of time sink loss I don't think we'll see that. Also not quite sure I can decide how I would want degrades handled in that case.....random pcs degrade or whole set.
jared96 is offline   Reply With Quote