Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old June 17th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #1
yubo2

worried

I have been enjoying my time on atys for a while now and I can say this is a fabulous place to spend time. Skill system is awesome and landscape just holds my breath everytime.

However I am very concerned about few facts I have read from universe chat and heard from older players.

Advantage of the other side: I must ask that why in this game the winning side seems to get everything and the loosing side gets nothing. Yes, you can trade I heard but on the other hand in games where pvp is existing the prizes arent that massive comparing to here.

Everyone says community is the reason why Ryzom is so good but after spending my time on forums I came sad of this community

from mmorpg.com I found a thread about new ownership effects of ryzom

Latest post so far guided me to this site:

Is this really true? If community is divided so much and even game CSR are helping the other side to win then what need to be done? At least my interests to this game died after "searching" the true Ryzom reason: community

please enlight me. Game seems to have so much potential but the facts are that community is very divided and angry.. I can only say that community was the reason what made me hesitate to purchase this game.

Last edited by tydamus : June 18th, 2007 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Inappropriate link
Old June 17th, 2007, 03:07 AM   #2
vguerin

Re: worried

I hope nobody think's your other than a disgruntled player using an alt. with an agenda...

Sadly, this is what free accounts leads to.
Old June 17th, 2007, 03:11 AM   #3
yubo2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
I hope nobody think's your other than a disgruntled player using an alt. with an agenda...

Sadly, this is what free accounts leads to.

thanks a lot
Old June 17th, 2007, 03:17 AM   #4
varelse

The biggest mistake made was to revoke a lifetime ban given by Jolt, to a player who had asked (no... begged might be the more appropriate term) for a "second chance". Look how the new CSR team has been repaid for this. Not a surprise to me or no doubt to the Jolt team who banned him to begin with. Too bad these new people had to learn about you the hard way.
Old June 17th, 2007, 03:52 AM   #5
ajsuk

Maybe he can go for Master of all jewels a 3rd time 'round...

Best start taking Portuguese classes.
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
Old June 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #6
tr808

I dont know what this is all about, but all i know its kinda suspicous for a new player to name his self after a mob in game.. im not saying i agree with others but you could have suspected some raised eyebrows with a name as Yubo, anyway i truely hope u can see behind the opinions of others and do give this game a fair chance... as u said the game is beautiful and the opinions u heared are only the opinions of a small group. No need to worry so much about it, imo that group is hurting this game more atm then the people they are trying to put in a bad picture.

I hope i can welcome you to Atys mainland soon Yubo Check out this thread if u do come over and send me a tell, ill do my best for you

http://forums.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30194
Old June 17th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #7
great83

[quote=tr808]I dont know what this is all about, but all i know its kinda suspicous for a new player to name his self after a mob in game.. im not saying i agree with others but you could have suspected some raised eyebrows with a name as Yubo, anyway i truely hope u can see behind the opinions of others and do give this game a fair chance... as u said the game is beautiful and the opinions u heared are only the opinions of a small group. No need to worry so much about it, imo that group is hurting this game more atm then the people they are trying to put in a bad picture.

I hope i can welcome you to Atys mainland soon Yubo Check out this thread if u do come over and send me a tell, ill do my best for you

Last edited by cyrize : June 17th, 2007 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Inappropriate Link
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #8
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubo2

Everyone says community is the reason why Ryzom is so good but after spending my time on forums I came sad of this community .......................................

......................please enlight me. Game seems to have so much potential but the facts are that community is very divided and angry...........

Hello there, I was surprised to see such a strong and informed opinion about the history of the game in the new player forum.
Maybe you are unaware that there was recently a big change, The saga of Ryzom game was owned and run by a small company named Nevrax, in the two years they developed and ran Ryzom they were always in financial difficulties, as a result of this the game was purchased by the current company Gameforge.
During the transition there were many significant changes, some such as changnig the CSR team effected players directly......of course it is inevitable that some of the original players disliked to lose friends (yes, even CSR have friends ).
Of course there were further changes that evolved the game world in a different direction than some would have liked to see....
In summary I did see a lot of disagreement and difference of opinion during this change, and I did see some of the 'old' players leaving...but I saw debate and strong opinion on the forums, not the hostility and intimidation you seem to refer to , of course I limit my forum use to the official ryzom forum here...but I am sure there are unmoderated hate places out there to critisize and destroy anything for entertainment.
Let me give you a *Ryzom Hug* and let you know that the bad man can't get to you here.....unless you open the door and invite him in
Old June 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #9
naratuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
Hello there, I was surprised to see such a strong and informed opinion about the history of the game in the new player forum.
Maybe you are unaware that there was recently a big change, The saga of Ryzom game was owned and run by a small company named Nevrax, in the two years they developed and ran Ryzom they were always in financial difficulties, as a result of this the game was purchased by the current company Gameforge.
During the transition there were many significant changes, some such as changnig the CSR team effected players directly......of course it is inevitable that some of the original players disliked to lose friends (yes, even CSR have friends ).
Of course there were further changes that evolved the game world in a different direction than some would have liked to see....
In summary I did see a lot of disagreement and difference of opinion during this change, and I did see some of the 'old' players leaving...but I saw debate and strong opinion on the forums, not the hostility and intimidation you seem to refer to , of course I limit my forum use to the official ryzom forum here...but I am sure there are unmoderated hate places out there to critisize and destroy anything for entertainment.
Let me give you a *Ryzom Hug* and let you know that the bad man can't get to you here.....unless you open the door and invite him in

Not really directed at the person i quoted,but the quote in itself says a lot!

It seems to me that there are lots of digruntled players with not so stellar histories starting a bunch of trouble. Honestly I think in the end the new CSRs will regret showing a bit of mercy and allowing banned players the chance to turn over a new leaf. but thats just my opinion.

If you play the game and form your own opinion i'm willing to bet that none of this matters in the end. (unless of course you happen to be one of those disgruntled players with an axe to grind!)
Old June 17th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #10
kyesmith

If this is an old player trying to cause problems then your only playing into his hands with some of the replies, answer his question and points raised as honestly as possible and the next person who is new reading through the post wont think the community is such a load of rubbish.
Thats just my thoughts on the matter tho, this isnt the place to discuss any accusations really..
Closed Thread