Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 22nd, 2007, 02:05 AM   #11
jamela

Re: Ryzom character website / social thingie....

I don't think that Ryzom has anything like the playerbase to warrant a split-off site as proposed by the OP, sorry, though the thought is clearly well meant.

(piratechance, please turn on your forum PMs)
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 01:33 PM   #12
kaetemi

Location: Lembeek, Belgium E-mail: [email protected] NeL Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofrano
"putting your personal information online", while I must say you've got it pretty wrong. As far as I've understood the community is not for sharing Real life information
Just information about what you do IC, is still personal information, in a way.
kaetemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:02 PM   #13
piratechance

Forum PMs are active! sorry about that.

I too have doubts about the feasibility of me creating and hosting a dedicated site for this, mainly because of the smaller player base you mentioned. That is why I'm using this free site to see how popular it is, I'm not going to spend money on a students budget to design and host a site if I am not confident it will work. On the other hand, if I was to put up a site I would have no intention of making a profit on it, I'd like it to popular enough that a couple of ad's could cover the hosting bill, nothing more.

I would love to have a way to update your profile with information from within Ryzom, however I do not know of any way to do this.

My reasoning for trying this is simple, it was something I thought would be neat, it might be interesting to other members of the community, and I'd like to give something back to the community that has done so much to make Ryzom as fun to play as it is.
piratechance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:30 PM   #14
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratechance

...............My reasoning for trying this is simple, it was something I thought would be neat, it might be interesting to other members of the community, and I'd like to give something back to the community that has done so much to make Ryzom as fun to play as it is.

I am another who would not visit a ryzom website outside this one, I just follow links out briefly when directed and return right back here for my Ryzom news and updates.

Beau has his podcast that he seems to do for ....fun ?...and if people listen that is just a bonus.

I write the Dweeb and Roxxor show to make me smile, if others read it..... again it is a bonus.

Does Ryzom need Beau podcasting ?, does it need Dweeb and Roxxor ?...does it need the video links ?.........that is not the reason they are created.

If you have fun creating a website, go for it....
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote