Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 28th, 2007, 11:32 PM   #11
jared96

Re: Factionless does exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaxe68
That makes, let me see, 75% of the population that is not atheist.

Yes making it the 3rd largest "religion" on earth behin Christianity and Islam.

Quote:
Apparently religious murder is very popular, and an excellent marketing strategy for millions of fundamentalist types the world over.

Oh gee, I can imagine Mom's across the world adding Ryzom to the Christmas List now. Maybe GF should put this on the boxes they put on shelves this holiday season.

Quote:
In a time where people kill each other using religion as an excuse (like, since the beginning of human history) what better place to put these things than in a game instead of in the real world.

Yeah if we try, we might even be able to add rape, lynchings, and a few other sick behaviors onto the list
jared96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #12
iceaxe68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared96
Can't see many Mom's springing for the $15 a month when they don't like the message or religious hate being sold to their children.

The silly beggars ought to mow lawns or something and pay their own 15 bucks.

My kids are far too busy with other things to spend time on MMOs anyway. That's MY job...
iceaxe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #13
iceaxe68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared96
Yes making it ...

Whoa, lighten up, dude!

The so-called "hate" in this game is far more tame than the average football rivalry. Most of it comes from players who forget that it's a game, not a religion. Not from anything built into it.

I'm bowing out of this discussion now.

Mugendo - sorry this went so far awry.
iceaxe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:15 AM   #14
viper579

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
Much to the consternation of many a player and developer alike.....I think it really is time to recognise that there are Homins on Atys who do not follow a Deity.

As Factionless Homins we can use the Cats...not supplied by the gods, but from the land....Pulled from the ground by the Homins around you .....when did you last see Ma-Duk or Jenna getting their gardening gloves out ?

As Factionless we craft weapons and armour of the highest quality...how many folk have better quality items from their Kami or Karavan Deities

The teleport points....now that is something from the Deity......it allows us to travel great distances without meeting other Homins, (Nice implementation of something to segregate Homins there), but I will continue to avoid this 'gift' and trek with my trusty mek to my destination...

Fighting skills....yes we Neutrals understand how to use them, against the dangers of the land...But again the Deity in their infinate wisdom chose to encourage Homin to fight Homin...

So, what are we left with here ?.....Factionless, the ones who are not distracted, have the time and inclination to unite Homin...yet the Deity refuse to acknowledge our existence....

Well, everyone knows a Factionless Homin.....How many Deity have you seen ?
the deities arent the problem, its the players who take it too far
to quote a player.

"why would we want to hand out to those who have bad intentions against us ?"

with a population of what 300 players? . the less players you have the more the attitude quoted above will affect things.
viper579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:04 AM   #15
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper579
with a population of what 300 players? . the less players you have the more the attitude quoted above will affect things.

The current count of 300 players (as estimated by yourself Viper579) arrived during my silence.

Do I ask for an increase in player hostility with more items to fight over ?
Do I ask for more personal rewards ?
Do I ask for considerable code changes ?

I don't understand why you consider my post a negative subject....
But I do know that silence changes nothing.
Therefore I do hope my 'attitude' will effect the player base.....
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:09 AM   #16
stijn

Think viper meant this quote "why would we want to hand out to those who have bad intentions against us ?" not yours Mug
stijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #17
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stijn
Think viper meant this quote "why would we want to hand out to those who have bad intentions against us ?" not yours Mug

Looking agan I see I misinterpreted the message of Viper,

It's a valid point Viper makes assisting those who harm us.
But this is yet another reason Non Factioned should be recognised....A whole section of the community is seperated from the faction wars raging around them...when they have the capability to heavily influence it.
Yet when the Kitin invasion arrives It will be the Non Factioned that play as important part as others in defending the lands..again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vquerin
Those Cats come from the boring machines provided by the deities. Since what they produce appears to be endless, it may in fact be an etherial creation by the dieties. By erecting a drill of a specific faction you show their power, and they give back a reward in what the drills provide ? This is what I believe, can you disprove this ?

As for this statement.....I do believe we have community 'neutral' OP ownership already.

I don't have the answers regarding the integration of non religious Homins...I just point out they exist.
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM   #18
iwojimmy

While the chief figures on both sides have "godlike" powers, the Kami and Karavan fail to be convincing as religions due to their lack of "spiritual" values, with even the supposedly spiritual Kami sacrificing all moral integrity for simple gameplay convenience.

Once you look past all the self serving propaganda, it ends up as a squabble between the construction crew and the maintenance crew.. the engineer versus the janitor.
As an actual resident, Homins have as much - if not more - right, to have a say in what happens on Atys.
We only lack the power :'(
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:44 PM   #19
ffxjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwojimmy
We only lack the power :'(

That what it comes down to. We don't have what they have so you are either envyous or proud (via association).

Let's take for example David Beckham. He's (let just all agree on this for the sake of this analogy) amazing at Soccer. So you either asipre to be like him or you hate the fact he's better than you. Same goes for the Kami/Kara, you either asipre to be like one of them, or you hate them. Or hate them both. (as asipring to be both would be hypocritical)

Just my 2 daps

The First Homin to win the Shield of Presteige

Created theRyzom mooning and the Naughty Spriteh Videos

ffxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #20
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxjosh

............Let's take for example David Beckham. He's (let just all agree on this for the sake of this analogy) amazing at Soccer. So you either asipre to be like him or you hate the fact he's better than you. Same goes for the Kami/Kara, you either asipre to be like one of them, or you hate them. Or hate them both. (as asipring to be both would be hypocritical)...........

Or we can take the view that Kicking a bag of air across a field is not interesting ...
or see the Kami/Karavan offering nothing positive.