Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Ring Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 30th, 2007, 02:12 AM   #11
nephy13

Re: R2 scenarios as downloads on fansites

Quote:
Originally Posted by zangan
I think this has potential. And is that what the "run" or "alter and run" setting things are for? Just checking.
If you save your scenario as "run-only" then it can't be further edited, just hosted. Even if it is edit-enabled, then there is a record in the file of who originally created the file and who last edited it which is set by the editor. This means you'd be able to prove that someone changed your scenario and passed it off as original work, even if you allowed it to be edited after release. How this would affect the game-points that they might be able to harvest from it (as "author" or "host") is unknown.

As far as I can tell though, users could still read the non-editable file manually, in notepad, to discover how it works, for example to discover how to finish a puzzle-based scenario.
nephy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:53 AM   #12
beaut666

This is awesome news! I'll try to announce the site on the next 'cast. The Ring could use a little work, but we all know how awesome it is.
Beau

Beau (Arispotle Server)
beaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #13
betonmi

I would like to offer a huge apology to those who may have been to my ryzom fansite after I left the game due to the loss of some very well liked CSR's.

After a few month hiatis, I have just re-subscribed to Ryzom, and will begin re-building my fansite and scenarios.

I also expect that with some hard, but well owed work, I will allow players to post their R2 scenarios for others to download as well.

Please accept my apology for having a temper tantrum and acting like an *self-censored*

-Betonmi

ps... It's good to be back.
betonmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 04:12 PM   #14
nbrsix

Just came across this thread and I got interested... win to your site betonmi, but could not sign up... click on "Sign Up" and nothing happens.... I can get to the login page but no password since I can not sign up.

Will try sometime later