Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:59 PM   #14
mugendo

Re: Come Back Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetemi
Ehm, no, scripting in ring was originally an intended feature, but due to time limits it was never documented properly. They didn't add the user directory, and more importantily the r2_features_loaded.lua file, by accident.
Interesting comment that you think the file was left in by accident, yet continue to use it as justification for tampering with the code, Which makes me think where this logic can take us.......If I leave my door unlocked the law allows squaters to move into my property and claim it as thier own "squatters rights".....are we living in a society where the hard working folk are discriminated against.

Quote:
Basically, the .r2 files your client has, and the data sent to the server when uploading is completely different. The .r2 file contains properties which are parsed by your local lua components into the format required by the server. You can therefore only use what exists on the server (the basic features of the ring and a limited scripting language). What you can do with custom lua components, is simply making it easier to create large events without endless repeated clicking.
You make it sound as it was a very easy task to make it that way, and that it happened by accident. I suggest you look at the ring lua code a bit, and you will notice how much work has been put in designing and creating such system which allows this.

And who would want to perform such a tedious task as repeatedly clicking...Now That clarifies my comparison regarding the Squater in my property.....Why on earth would he want to do such a repetitive chore of working every day to pay the never ending mortgage payments...when all he has to do is exploit the law when I leave my door open

Quote:
And as I said earlier, the only reason why it wasn't officially 'released', is because there were not enough resources to fully document it, since most people (like you) wouldn't understand how it works anyway.

Ah...the old I know and you don't point..therefore it is fine for me to take this course of action.
Which brings to mind another analogy regarding social behaviour......
I wait in a line for my turn to be served at the counter, In front of me are people of various ages and gender, I have spend a considerable amount of time training martial art skills......Therefore, using your logic, I should remove any folk that are delaying me.

Of course This course of action is not open to me....Acceptable social behaviour prevents me.....In the game world we call these EULA and CoC..maybe you don't respect them, But you are talking to others that do.