Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:24 AM   #1
elthunim

The Atys marketplace

Fellow homins!

As you are no doubt aware, Kreios, Dennycrane and others have been making an effort to provide lower-level equipment on the shops, for the benefit of hominlings fresh off Silan. This is a much-needed effort, as it can be hard for the younger of us, sometimes, to find what they need.

Additionally, several of us have been thinking that it would be a nice social activity to stage regular marketplace events. There are multiple benefits to that:
  • Make customers free of guild pressure, as many newcomers feel indebted to guilds for crafting them equipment for free.
  • Provide the stage for a social event, with the possibility for other activities/events to take place on the side.
  • Be an opportunity to create a new caste of pure crafters, who'd spend Atys weeks collecting mats to have them ready for orders on market day.
  • Let intermediate crafters have an opportunity to craft for lower rates, and meet professional crafters.
  • Provide an opportunity for harvesters to be present and provide materials, creating a professional relationship between crafters and harvesters.
  • Due to the presence of many crafters, provide customers with greater choice and the possibility for customized equipment (choice of armor types and color, etc.).
  • Let homins bring their own materials to crafters if they want to (or purchase them from harvesters).
  • In the end, foster the development of a thriving economy.

Obviously, the buy/sell rates will have to be determined according to workable standards, but that should develop of its own, over time. For information, the "breakeven" point for NPC mats are currently set at 300%.

Some rules should be established as well, to make the marketplace lively and fair:
  • Chat locally as much as possible, especially when establishing crafting needs and prices (be that Dappers or materials). Create chatter.
  • Be respectful of all others at all times. Let competition between crafters be real, but not disdainful.
  • Crafters may shout to advertise their services, within reasonable limits so everymin still has time to follow what's going on.
  • Crafters must wear their crafting titles at all times. Rotate titles if necessary.
  • Crafters of all levels above 50 are welcome. Diggers of all levels above 50 are welcome.
  • To prevent wasting materials, higher-level crafters should leave orders too low for them to lower-level crafters (when applicable).
  • Crafters and harvesters are encouraged to bring full Packer(s) along, so no porting around or running back to apartment is necessary. If a crafter is low on mats, harvesters should be able to provide it for Dappers or mutually beneficial exchanges.
  • No exchange should be made without a counterpart, so the recipient does not feel in any way bound to the crafter or harvester.
  • Crafters are invited to stand within a reasonably short distance of one another, in a clear and visible area.
  • The market event will be open for business for a little less than two Atysian days (~2 RL hours). Crafters are invited to stay during the full duration of the market activity, if possible.

Yours, Hekla
(invaluable input from Inifuss, Dennycrane, Gilgameesh, Lexsi, Amian and a few others)

[ The first market event will take place in Fairhaven, south of the Stables, on Saturday, August 8, 2009, between 20:00GMT and 22:00GMT. It will become a weekly event. We should discuss whether it would be useful to stage marketplaces in other capital cities eventually, either simultaneously, or as a rotation. ]

If you have comments/ideas to make, please post them here. Thanks!

Last edited by elthunim : August 2nd, 2009 at 03:40 AM.
elthunim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:05 AM   #2
kassiek

Smile Re: The Atys marketplace

Many lower level players wont have been trekked yet, so i would suggest rotating the Marketplace around the capitals?
kassiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:45 PM   #3
cielchan

Re: The Atys marketplace

Sounds like fun! I'll donate this basic protection pvp jewel set recipe for the cause

Why? Well because all mats are "at hand" no rare materials needed.
Plus 20% is better than 0% right?
Plus Level 100 healers and the like usually don't enjoy pvp jewelry at all.

Set for a Tryker, all Choice Mats, Basic Plan:

01) 3 Silvio, 3 Sha
02) 3 Silvio, 3 Sha
03) 3 Silvio, 3 Hash
04) 3 Caprice, 3 Sha
05) 3 Caprice, 1 Sha 1 Soo 1 Pha
06) 3 Caprice, 1 Sha 1 Soo 1 Pha
07) 3 Sarina, 2 Hash 1 Zun
08) 2 Sarina 1 Silvio, 2 Zun 1 Hash
09) 2 Sarina 1 Silvio, 2 Beng 1 Sha
10) 2 Sarina 1 Silvio, 1 Sha 1 Soo 1 Pha

Set Prots: 30 25 34 20 20 55 20
Set Resists: 26,5 27,2 24 51,2 24

Set for a Fyros, all Choice Mats, Basic Plan:

01) 3 Silvio, 3 Soo
02) 3 Silvio, 3 Sha
03) 3 Silvio, 2 Hash 1 Zun
04) 3 Caprice, 3 Soo
05) 3 Caprice, 2 Zun 1 Hash
06) 3 Caprice, 1 Pha 1 Sha 1 Soo
07) 3 Sarina, 3 Sha
08) 2 Sarina 1 Silvio, 3 Zun
09) 2 Sarina 1 Silvio, 2 Sha 1 Soo
10) 2 Sarina 1 Silvio, 2 Zun 1 Hash

Set Prots: 18 39 50 28 16 39 16
Set Resists: 26,5 26,4 24 51,2 24
(Sorry, Fyros gotta live with 16%, Shock and Elec suck with harvested mats)

I have the other races aswell, might post later or if asked.

Enjoy!

arc
cielchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:42 PM   #4
suib0m

Not sure if this other event ever kicked off, but it would be nice to try it agian:

http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=33711

Sounds along the lines of this initiative. The two could be part of the same.

Peace,
- Sui
suib0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM   #5
elthunim

Quote:
Originally Posted by suib0m
Not sure if this other event ever kicked off, but it would be nice to try it agian:

http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=33711

Sounds along the lines of this initiative. The two could be part of the same.

Peace,
- Sui
Yes, this is essentially the same, thanks for the link. We're just going to kick it off and make it a regular event, no matter what. I believe it's best to just keep it to one place at first, and get homins trekked who need it, as it's usually more bothersome to carry all your packers over from one capital to the next on a regular basis, than to trek Silanese to a new place (debatable).
Old August 2nd, 2009, 09:16 PM   #6
gavin205

My suggestion would be to hold a weekly trek prior to the marketplace that ends up in Fairhaven. It would allow more people to get involved that way.
gavin205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 11:00 PM   #7
petersk

Hope things work out, keep me posted as to when/where the fair is to take place, would like to be there.
petersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 12:18 AM   #8
elthunim

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersk
Hope things work out, keep me posted as to when/where the fair is to take place, would like to be there.
As mentioned at the bottom of the first post of this thread, the fair will be held every Saturday starting this coming Saturday, 20:00GMT in Fairhaven, and is set to last for two hours.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:33 AM   #9
acridiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassiek
Many lower level players wont have been trekked yet, so i would suggest rotating the Marketplace around the capitals?

Why?
All the more reason to trek them then, or isn´t it?

On Leanon this system works extremely well, for about two years now.
And since the market is weekly, there´s usually plenty of time to trek newbes before the next market day.
It doesn´t always have to be today and no other day, y´know?
You´re missing or loosing nothing by getting there a week later.

CU
Acridiel

P.S.: Trekking all the Packers with wares to each capital in turn, each week, would sure be quite exciting and fun, the first few times.
But loosing just one packer to any danger, would drag into a recovery mission of the merchandise and just complicate matters further.
I addition to putting quite some pressure on those who´d like to sell things, to be at their destination in time.
Some might consider these treks great adventures and a great way to spend their time InGame, but I assume that these would be far outnumbered
by those who´d consider this an extreme bother and waste of valuable "grind" time. At least this is how I know it from Leanon. *sigh*
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM   #10
jared96

Da Bunnies held a couple of "Craft Fairs" where we had master crafters sit in Pyr for a couple of hours on a weekend while other guildies took the new players out digging to get the necessary mats. That was it....no rules, no explanations to provide other than...

-whaddya need ?
-have mats ?
-OK, [insert player name here] is gonna take you around to dig the necessary mats, bring em back here and I'll make for you.

I like the idea being re-introduced, I like seeing other peeps participating, but if participants gotta remember all those rules and cut / paste parts of it in tell windows explaining to peeps "how this is gonna work", I think peeps will lose interest quickly.

While I welcome any ideas to create a real economy, there really isn't one. Most crafters have an abundance of mats and are quite happy to give stuff away for free. Secondly, w/o npc mats above 100, what little economy there is based upon the provision of grind mats. To participate in the dapper based economy, you basically have to dig.....if you can dig, you don't need dappers as mats are the more desired currency. I'm not quite sure that npc grind mats to QL250 would help, but it would give dappers relevance through an "established" exchange rate.