Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 13th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #11
kayak

Re: Why I chose Neutral

Sashtan is old. Very old. she remebers the kitin invasion.

Her husband Ka´yaksn was a great fyros warrior and both of them were hard line kamists. However when the kitins attacked Ka´yaksn was one of the first to fall to the threat. Sashtan had no time to mourn as the whole of hominkind went into hiding in the roots. it was there that she realised that the main threat was not from the karavan but from the kitins.

After coming out of hiding Sashtan made an effort to forge freindships with kamis karavans and neutrals alike in order to fight the threat of the kitins. Sashtan considers herself a neutral at heart and will come to the aid of any homin or guild that she considers a freind in need. The kami however have granted her teleportation rights to the roots as recognition of her past as a devout kamist.

OOC: neutral but factioned for tp´s
Atys idol 2006
Part of
THE team(tm)
In
THE zone(tm)
On
A mission(tm)
kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:00 AM   #12
danlufan

I havent read all the above, but one thing i would like to note, dont you start neutral, wasnt it more why you decided not to take a faction (religion). I can understand the values of neutrals, but like anything in life you choose something which has its disadvantages, being neutral means you dont reap the benefits of your religion (faction). Each area of the game has its own benefits, crafters/diggers can do missions, which give amber to increase stats and give other things, whereas PvP players can fight for Outposts, fight in Prime Roots and tag and fight.
danlufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #13
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlufan
I havent read all the above, but one thing i would like to note, dont you start neutral, wasnt it more why you decided not to take a faction (religion). I can understand the values of neutrals, but like anything in life you choose something which has its disadvantages, being neutral means you dont reap the benefits of your religion (faction). Each area of the game has its own benefits, crafters/diggers can do missions, which give amber to increase stats and give other things, whereas PvP players can fight for Outposts, fight in Prime Roots and tag and fight.

No, sometimes it is a positive decision, an active decision, not a default. It just fits int eh default mechanically.
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #14
mugendo

Conflict gives a significant boost to any economy, this is a simple truth whether it is accepted, debated or denied.

Warriors need armour and weapons, which comes from the crafters, these need resources which come from the diggers, the diggers require access to contested areas, which is gained through the warriors who open this access.
It's a self sustaining cycle that benefits everyone.

But this cycle needs a catalyst to instigate it, This is where Politics/religion and Greed are required. This requires an outside influence as it is very difficult to start a war within a coherent group with it's own identity. A fact the Dieties of Atys know well when they call followers to their cause.

Of course the Kami and Karavan followers are still the same people, which results in unlikely alliences and truces, cross trading, and general interaction between them. This allows the mercenaries to ply their trade without restriction of moral dilemna, Crafters can sell their wares without betraying perceived loyalty.
As I observe this behaviour I am reminded that there is No right and wrong......only point of view.
As my little Zorai is caught in this cycle he searches for a solution, Not for all of Hominkind...but for himself.
As A follower of a diety he will diminish his own self worth, As a Neutral he would be turning his back on the reality of life on Atys. So he is trapped in a situation he understands, but cannot control.
So, he lives by his own beliefs. Helping those he deems is worthy of his assistance, weakening those who would harm him or his standards.
Once the Faction war is ended there will be no peace, that is the future My Homin prepares for.
He does not need the Dieties.....but he knows they need him.
I am Neutral in definition, not actions.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #15
kostika

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlufan
I havent read all the above, but one thing i would like to note, dont you start neutral, wasnt it more why you decided not to take a faction (religion).

In some cases yes, in some no.

OOC you used to start as undertermined. When fame came in everyone got switched to undetermined. Not to Neutral. Currently when you create a new character you get set as neutral automatically even if you want to be factioned. That is game mechanics though, and not in character.

IC should really speak for itself. Outside of game mechanics there is a world that our characters live in and have backgrounds in. My own character for instance used to be Kami, but is now Neutral. Out of Character though I've never been factioned in the game mechanics.
kostika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #16
drachle

Esteemed friends, I have yet to find a homin I cannot make friends with in time. So has been my short Atysian experience. Everyday, I see hypocritical factions who accept friendships from all walks of life and lands. I myself, would favor any homin in need less it be to kill another homin. Fair, it would be to say that The Nomad has found his roots spread throughout the lands of Atys. Therefore, chosing a faction, community or any other sub-hominity group would be to weaken the real force behind Atys: homins.

It is true, you might say, that kamis or karavan, have shown some "interest" in hominity, but it is also fair to say it has proven to be a dividing force. Are they riding onto our frail loyalties from a few good deeds long past? I dare say so with all my heart for all they are bringing us since the Great War is more war, only this time, pitted against each other instead of the real threats who spread inexorably through Atysian lands. Both kamis and karavan have made a point to keep us obnubilated by the thought that another race might be better that we, where in truth, we are all one and equal. They both pretend that without them, we would be lost but in fact we are the ones doing most of the work rebuilding, warding off dangers and uniting against greater dangers such as the kitin invasions. I have even come to believe they are fakes, manipulators and do not care much for hominkind.

There is no way I can stand behind such an entity and idea that homins are there to serve without question and without full knowledge. Do they not give scarce informatin on their true nature? I cannot take upon myself to follow such incongruity.

It is one reason why I have chosen to stay neutral.
drachle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #17
imaruol

Neutral to me does not mean inactive in warfare or sitting on my rear while pious fanatics attack their kin and rip apart the fruits of the lands in the name of their deity. I am neutral because I want to exercise the freedom to choose where, when, and who I will fight for the betterment of hominity, of my people, my friends, my family. I keep true to my principles and can assure anyone I choose my actions for my self therefore I should be judge by them alone.

I am neutral because I don’t believe in the homins deity. I cannot follow a religion I don’t understand, a religion that demands without questions, and a religion that seems to have hidden agendas. I interact with the Kami and Karavan entities with caution. I’m no fool; I understand they are the uppermost beings of Atys, and I try to learn as much as I can from their technology, I may one day choose to align for the advantage of transportation. After all they use us for their purpose and so I shall use them for mine.

Perhaps I suffer the ignorance of my youth and the lack of experience of my elders to understand the past, but I was born in different times, a new era, and these days the wind no longer whispers the secrets of the past. My current path is a difficult one for I understand some may think of me a lesser homin and even their enemy, but nothing is easy, especially not peace.

-signed,
Ima’ru Lix
imaruol is offline   Reply With Quote