Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring > Adventure designers hints and exchanges
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 12th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #1
marct

A few quick questions on success/failure, respawning, and leaving a scenario.

1. How do I set a success or failure criteria on my scenario. I would like to be able to trigger some Broadcast messages stating the filure condition, and boot the players.

2. I was in play test mode for my scenaio and died. Somehow this did not appear to be a failure criteria by default. I was the only player in the scenario, this being the case I would have expected the entire scenario to reset to Act 1 after the whole party (just me) died.

When I respawned and everything was just as it was left.

3. I have not had the pleasure of playing a scenario yet, but I was wondering. How do I get out of a scenario if I am not enjoying it. Must I use a teleport ticket or is there a way to exit the scenario?

I hope someone can help me out here.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #2
kiexa

Re: A few quick questions on success/failure, respawning, and leaving a scenario.

1. no reason why you cant have a broadcast message, eg event-when princess dies, play conversation 1. Where conversation 1 is a broadcast message stating that the Princess is dead, you have failed your mission to save her, the scenario is over. Better yet add a backup mission that activates to retrieve her body/casket and take it back to her family or something as an ending. Booting the players is a bit ugly, would prefer a pop up box at the end of a scenario (that is triggered) with a button to return to mainland or something, and a letter/text/message saying thank you or whatever.

2. ugly way to overcome this- you could set up two areas arround the entrance spawn point, the most furthest out area when entered by a player activates the first area(thats directly on a spawn point) maybee using some sort of delay, then upon players entering the first area again by spawning, add events like system message that "scenario is over, princess died, please leave", or regarding the reseting, on player entry NPC 1 goes back to position 1 etc, also for this, make sure missions are repeatable etc. You could add an NPC at the spawnpoint that activates upon area 1 entry also, giving a tip or two on how to suceed better also.

3. Would like to know the answer to that too.
kiexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 06:32 PM   #3
blaah

Re: A few quick questions on success/failure, respawning, and leaving a scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct
3. I have not had the pleasure of playing a scenario yet, but I was wondering. How do I get out of a scenario if I am not enjoying it. Must I use a teleport ticket or is there a way to exit the scenario?
alt-f4, works every time.
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #4
kaetemi

Location: Lembeek, Belgium E-mail: [email protected] NeL Developer

Quote:
Return to mainland
kaetemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #5
kaetemi

Location: Lembeek, Belgium E-mail: [email protected] NeL Developer

Quote:
2. I was in play test mode for my scenaio and died. Somehow this did not appear to be a failure criteria by default. I was the only player in the scenario, this being the case I would have expected the entire scenario to reset to Act 1 after the whole party (just me) died.

When I respawned and everything was just as it was left.
Put a zone trigger on the spawn point, or something like that.
kaetemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #6
amitst

Just do the pretty thing, pop up box with complete, transfer them to a small beautiful tryker decorated room with a fluffy Kami, who gives rewards and presents and hugs when you talk to him, and has an option to transfer to mainland
amitst is offline   Reply With Quote