Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring > Adventure designers hints and exchanges
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 13th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #1
marct

New Ring points message?

I logged in last night to have a go and loaded up my scenario I had worked on the previous night. It gave me some message about not having enough ring points to utilize a certain feature (I forget what) It gave me 30 seconds or something to remove the feature. I couldn't even read the message and understand completely as I was using this scenario the prior day before it kicked me out to the New scenario screen.

I looked, and it seemed I had access to less maps. In addition, I thought it was just a bug, so I tried to load my scenario, and in the reqiuirements filed it said "You do not have SUFFICIENT ring point to load this scenario."

So did something change between Monday night and Tuesday Night that would put this in place? It seems awfuly odd to not be able to utilize my scenario any longer that I have put 12 hours into working on.

Any help would be great. I did send a ticket, but no news there.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 06:58 PM   #2
jamela

Re: New Ring points message?

Fantastic! I was working on Desert map 19 and now there are only 18.

I blame Basil, Edmund and Baldric
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:09 PM   #3
jamela

Would you believe I took a day off work so I could try to publish before the weekend and the IRL and now I can't even open the #@*%Ł$¦ scenario because the map has been locked? Times and trials of a tester, eh?
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #4
marct

Get on Klients and hollar.

I wish you could have a Universe channel whilst editing. Maybe I'll make a seperate post.

Even a chat window for /who GM Although no one is ever on when I am.
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #5
iphdrunk

uhm, what's the definitive (although it still can change for release) use of ring points? as far as I know, when the ring points feature was announced, several players were not happy as considered this as another "ring grind" and if I recall correctly, it was told that access to packages would be based on discovered things and mobs by the main character?
iphdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #6
jamela

Oh I did go straight to Klients, aye. I heard nothing about Ring points from Seido, it seems that for this edition of beta lvl 150+ mobs are locked out and about half of the maps (only 4 PR now). The maps should all be available once again at release, provided that you have all of the respawn points in each land. This is of course, not set in stone

Klients is your Editors Universe channel, I think.
Old September 13th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #7
Marjo
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamela
it seems that for this edition of beta lvl 150+ mobs are locked out and about half of the maps (only 4 PR now). The maps should all be available once again at release, provided that you have all of the respawn points in each land.
*nods*
About the Ring points, I will make an annoucement to explain how it works. It will be clearer for everyone this way.
Marjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 10:20 PM   #8
marct

Marjo,

The troubling bit here is the hours upon hours that have gone in to scenarios that can no longer even be loaded. Is there something someone can do to make their scenario work again?
Old September 13th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #9
certago

I guess you just discovered a feature that was locked before, remember this is a testphase.
certago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 07:39 AM   #10
bluefve

Yup! Seems a lot of things from Alpha have been locked out for Beta Ive noticed. Including 150+ NPC/Mobs and more than half of the maps.
bluefve is offline   Reply With Quote