Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 13th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #1
mreguy34

Collaboration

Is it possible for a guild to collaborate on building the scenarios? Or is this a solo creation process?
mreguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 12:32 AM   #2
akicks

Re: Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreguy34
Is it possible for a guild to collaborate on building the scenarios? Or is this a solo creation process?

Not sure about the current version on the ATS (have not loaded that up yet). But it's a planned feature if its not already there.

You would be able to invite anyone you wanted to be able to work on those scenarios.
Old September 14th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #3
bluefve

Current version and release will only allow for a single editor at a time. I suppose you could email and pass your save file around for others to continue to edit and whatever, but only one at a time. However, in the future, they are planning for the ability to have multiple editors at once. (It was planned for the initial version, but to my understanding, had to withdraw it due to time restraints and technical difficulties.)
bluefve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #4
ashling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefve
Current version and release will only allow for a single editor at a time. I suppose you could email and pass your save file around for others to continue to edit and whatever, but only one at a time. However, in the future, they are planning for the ability to have multiple editors at once. (It was planned for the initial version, but to my understanding, had to withdraw it due to time restraints and technical difficulties.)

I can understand why multiple editors is something being left to later but hopefully it isn't toooooo much later! Untill then emailing it around if a few people are working on it should be an ok work around
ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #5
naratuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefve

Having multiple editors would require Nevrax to adapt an existing or write their own VCS sysem with code checkout/check in and access levels that make sense. This is indeed a fairly large undertaking. Adapting an existing system would be costly in the licensing aspect unless they use an open source engine. From what I understand the game engine is GNU or GPL licensed, so it wouldn't be a stretch to think they would go open source on the VCS.
naratuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 08:10 PM   #6
antioche

It would be cool if you could link maps up so that multiple people could create different parts of a story and then merge the maps. I think nwn had something like that, I at least remember you could connect to other people's servers from your server in game.
antioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #7
bluefve

The game uses NeL and RAID, NeL being open sourced, however, both belonging to Nevrax.
bluefve is offline   Reply With Quote