Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM   #1
norvic

Invitations

Ok been fiddling with things a little also downloaded the manual and I am sorry if what I am going to ask has been covered and I missed it.

There is a scenario window where you can set different access etc, I have something I just wanted to test abit and set it to "masterless" and guild only, thinking I could launch the scenario Guild could get straight in and i could go do somthing else.

This doesnt seem to be the case, it seems i still have to be in the scenario and approve invitations.

Am I attempting the impossible or am I just being daft and missed somthing.
norvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:01 PM   #2
rme2001

Re: Invitations

As what i've come to figure out with my select testing yesterday and today is that Yes, you have to be in the scene yourself, be it as AM or just a player. But if you set your guild to be invited, you shouldn't have to invite people when your in there, and could technically go afk.
rme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:19 PM   #3
norvic

Nope I had to invite a guildie too.
norvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 03:39 PM   #4
marct

This is unofficial, but I go thte info officially. I'll cover each seperrately, one is obvious, one isn't.

Mastered (or with you Adventure Mastering):
You open the Editor, load up your scenario, Press the button in the top left to publish. this puts you in your scenario as AM. And you sit there and wait for people to enter your scenario. Only 1 instance of your scenario can run in this manner at any time. If you are AMing. You must sit in there and be waiting for your scenario to show up on the ring terminal.

Masterless:
This is the confusing one. What happens when you load up a masterless scenario is you are the "first" player into the scenario. Then as the first player in, others can come in and join you. I'm not sure about the invite only issue you are having.

So you say, how do people play my masterless scenario without me. Well, they basically download your scenario, open the editor, and then load your scenario up. There will be a web page and all the associated fixins that will provide the ability to review the sceanrios and I believe provide rudimentary searching to find the scenario you are looking for. Any number of players can download your scenario and start it up.

The person that starts the scenario, is the one that is in control of the scenario. If they leave, everyone else is booted out of it.

Hope that answers more questions than it raises.
marct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2006, 09:43 PM   #5
amitst

Basically we are asking for the functionality to have set groups of people preinvited, or an autoinvite function for people who request invitations.
amitst is offline   Reply With Quote