Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 23rd, 2006, 01:03 PM   #1
raynes

Need some clarification on how ring works...

I understand there are two types of scenarions. One is where the player is active and only allows certain people in. The other is where anyone can go in and the creator does not have to be present.

If the scenario is going and it's the type where the creator is not present, when a new player asks to go into it, are they let in the same instance? So if a series of events was happening would they just jump in the middle of it?

Or can you specify that it only allowed to have one person or group in it at a time?
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 02:16 PM   #2
rme2001

Re: Need some clarification on how ring works...

First of all, like most of us, you misunderstood the first part.
There are currently 2 types of modes :

1 = Mastered : Here you are "god" and you can kill/despawn stuff, talk for npc's, act for npc's ect. You have to give permission to people that ask you to join your scenario

2 = Unmastered : Here you are a "player" in your own scenario, you don't have any special powers as described above, You do however have to invite people into your scenario that ask for an invite, added to that you have the option of kicking them and transporting to them.

Once an unmastered scenario is going, it works the same as a mastered one, there is no instancing, so everybody that will enter your scenario, will enter in the same scene. If you let somebody join mid-story then they will indeed drop into the middle of the storyline.

You cannot specify that the story is only for 1 person, however you can control it yourself by having only 1 person ingame at once, and once that person is ready invite the next one.

Small tip: It is possible to create a repeatable storyline (once the last event of the storyline is finished everything resets to how it was at the start) I've done this myself, there are however some macro components that don't properly function yet when they are reset, but i've allready filled a report on those bugs.
rme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 04:16 PM   #3
sehracii

Re: Need some clarification on how ring works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynes
The other is where anyone can go in and the creator does not have to be present.
?

As far as I can tell, the creator *needs* to be present. The scenario will shut down when you leave it, regardless if it is mastered or masterless.
sehracii is offline   Reply With Quote