Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 5th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #1
danolt

The Dictatorship of New Trykoth

I had hoped, even prayed, but the truth is becoming harder and harder to ignore. The Lakeland's are no longer free. We turned our back on the Karavan and now despots control our Government.

Tryker influence has certainly spread throughout the known regions, but at what cost. Our constitutional rights have been ignored to the point it is not safe to assume that any exist.

I can not help but smell the hand of the Deceiver. Still Wyler murdered, his successors "chosen" with a vote that lacked any citizen oversight. Why has their not been the constitutionally mandated General Assembly election? Not even a whisper of it from our government. Have the Kami and Fyrosian allies of our Governors usurped the Wyler legacy of freedom and representation while they undermine the old alliances? Surely, no Tryker would deny New Trykoth representation.

I have been leery to speak out against this situation because I had hoped those who supported these Kami endorsed leaders would speak out against this tyranny. I am fully aware that I am a divisive figure in Tryker politics and had hoped not to be the catalyst of this complaint.

My hopes kept me mute to long. I have erred.

The traditions of the past are being eroded by lies and greed as so many forces work to deliver us towards the oblivion that is Ma-duk. They have taken our representation as they consolidate their power. What is next?

I would demand answers if we still had the ability to hold our government accountable. Instead, I humbly beg that the feasts and drunken revelries of our "elected" officials end long enough to address my complaint.

Will you relinquish your dictatorships and return the power to the citizenry?

Pero
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #2
grimjim

Re: The Dictatorship of New Trykoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolt
Will you relinquish your dictatorships and return the power to the citizenry?

Pero

Pero, I think you should give this speech at the Pyr Comedy Club.
While the letter of the law has not been followed indeed you and yours have supported Matisian aggression into the Tryker lands and have ignored the base principles that lie _behind_ the written law of the constitution of the Tryker people.

I don't really believe that someone of your Atys-renown monstrous ego or military ambitions is particularly in any position to call anything a dictatorship. Perhaps someone more credible and with a record that doesn't point to their own dictatorial ambitions can speak up instead on this matter.
Old October 6th, 2006, 01:00 AM   #3
danolt

This talk, this nonsense, this supposed Matisian aggression, all comes from bigots, fools and race baiting hustlers. Has any regional governmental leader, anywhere, at anytime, claimed an OP as theirs? These are not racial properties, let us follow that argument to its natural conclusion; a Tryker would not be able to quarter an Ocyx in Fyros, A Zoari unable to dig in the forest. This is what they seek, divide the Homins and conquer.

Many of us were there as Wyler used the last of his strength to sign the Pact of the four races. The hired assassin could not stop Wyler from creating a pathway towards Homin freedom and equality for all. All four leaders agreed, No Outpost is the property of any region. This does not serve the Kami way of thought, they feel that Homins should not be allowed to have individual or even free access to any resource.

Ask those who seek to "liberate" OP's from some nebulous, ill-defined evil empire, why stop at OP ownership, why not hunting grounds or shop access? How many Matis must be in a guild before it is evil? 5, 10, 20? Is it a percentage? 100%? 75%? 50%? How many members, what percentage, of "native" members must be in a certain race before a guild can hold an outpost in that region?

Chances are their answer will focus on the word "balance". Read the words of Ma-Duk, see how he defines "balance".

This is not about race, it is about our souls, our actual minds. Every, single, individual thought, from every single one of us, is an affront to Ma-Duk. He craves to be all things, all powerful, all encompassing, the Only.

I am an enemy of Ma-Duk. I will not stand by and let his power grow unopposed. I will not ride the fence and cry for peace as our entire species is threatened by a force that wishes to destroy our very souls.

In armed conflict the only injury a Homin can receive is to his pride. To some pride is everything, to others it is nothing. The loss of pride is a far cry from domination, but used long and loud enough all cries are heard. One can not dominate by wounding pride. One can by appealing to it, by manipulating it. That is the way of men like Jyudas, that is why he is a pawn of the deceiver.

Those who are enthralled by the Kami would say I am doing just that, making Ma-Duk, my boogie man. It is a sound argument. Check the facts, learn the lore. I am fallible. I could be wrong.

It is not I who has removed the Trykers right to vote, I am merely asking for it. It is not I, the Karavan, or the Matis who think Trykers rights to vote is a matter of comedy.

I have chosen to run the risk of injuring pride in hopes to save our souls. If I am wrong, I shall be remembered as an ass. I can live with that. We all can.

The question stands.

Will the current unconstitutional government of New Trykoth step down?

Pero
Old October 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM   #4
sx4rlet

*assumes Pero was loving the view in the mirror when they explained voting & democracy to him*

*assumes Pero was examining the Pero-statue-plans when the trykers voted for a new govenor*

*assumes Pero was putting Pero-statues on his world map when the elected Govenors were announced*

Oi, Pero! Get a grip of yourself, will ye!
We voted, your candidate didnt make it, now have patience till next elections!
(or you might make plans to remove the Govenor...)
Old October 6th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #5
katriell

Quote:
Homin freedom
And here, embodied in these two words together, is a concept some political Trykers are missing.

Exactly how did those Trykers shift from freedom-loving/seeking to xenophobic and fiercely racist?

Quote:
Ask those who seek to "liberate" OP's from some nebulous, ill-defined evil empire, why stop at OP ownership, why not hunting grounds or shop access? How many Matis must be in a guild before it is evil? 5, 10, 20? Is it a percentage? 100%? 75%? 50%? How many members, what percentage, of "native" members must be in a certain race before a guild can hold an outpost in that region?
Quoted for emphasis.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel

Last edited by katriell : October 6th, 2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old October 6th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #6
grimjim

I'm neutral Pero. The dapper is my 'god' and I'll take money from either side to lend my sword to their strength, but it doesn't mean I'm without morality of my own.

Here's the news, both factions are hypocritical and monstrous.

You want Homin freedom? Then fight for that, fight for balance or the eradication of both factions. Keep the Matisian imperial ambitions resisted so that each homin people can live in their own claimed lands without conflict, without the urgings of these Kami and Karavan who do not have our best interests at heart and who toy with the possibility of our eradication by the Kitin while they use us as playing pieces.

Atys herself sustains and resurrects us at natural nexi of her energies. The seed grows more frail each time that we die, conflict is not harmless, the wound is not only to our egos but to our supposed immortality. The one stray blow or the repeated stress as we are remade time and again.

Your concern over the democratic process is touching, but when you aid imperial powers in the taking of Tryker land it becomes... hypocritical. But then, what with 'Lady' Ailan perhaps the rot of imperialist dogma and monarchy is spreading through Karavan affiliation. At least the failure of the Kami to support their followers is increasing the number of unbelievers on that side.
Old October 6th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #7
katriell

Matisian imperialism? I have to point out...that is an amusing phrase. Matis government is that of a kingdom. Fyros are an empire.

Old October 6th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #8
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
Matisian imperialism? I have to point out...that is an amusing phrase. Matis government is that of a kingdom. Fyros are an empire.

In name only, a holdover from the old lands. Not that Fyros has any loyalty from me other than a preference for hot weather and that I happen to be of Fyrosian blood.

Dexton has, however, never made any comment that all Atys should come under his sway. Nor has an alliance risen up centred upon the Fyros and dedicated to annexing all the lands by force.
Old October 6th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #9
katriell

Either the Kamists are weakened and outnumbered, or the Matis are imperialists actively seeking world domination via control of outposts. You cannot have it both ways, because if both are true, why are there still outposts controlled by non-Matis-oriented guilds?

Old October 6th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #10
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
Either the Kamists are weakened and outnumbered, or the Matis are imperialists actively seeking world domination via control of outposts. You cannot have it both ways, because if both are true, why are there still outposts controlled by non-Matis-oriented guilds?

Why can one not have that both ways?
Have the Kami oriented forces managed to retake any of their stolen lands?
What is holding off the Matis? An alliance of almost everyone else and a few of their own number and that's only stalling them so far.

Not for wont of trying.

Still, it seems hypocritical to me, and anyone with an ounce of sense, for a religious and imperialist zealot like Pero to be lecturing anyone on matters of freedom or democracy.