Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 20th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #1
gaspode1

Encyclopedia Rites (and Fame)

Hi everyone. I'm just back after 9 months away and want check the situation on this. As usual, thanks in advance, as I'm sure answers will be forthcoming.

I've made the list below from my Encyclopedia and then cross referenced to the Ballisticmystix (BM) and Ryzomraum (RR) sites. The sites differ slightly in the rites they list. RR lists some rites as 'not live'. BM has some rites where the rite is not listed - does this indicate they think it is 'not live'?

In the list '?' means I haven't tried the rite yet.

Several questions I'm hoping to get answers to

1. Have Nevrax said for definite if these will ever be fixed and reinstated in full.

2. Is the list below complete.

3. Is the list below correct.

4. Is the RR list of 'not live' rites complete as there are some they don't list as 'not live' but where I couldn't get the rite to pop. Does 'not live' mean you can still do the tasks but just that the rite won't pop.

5. Trykers and Lake Materials. When rites were the hot topic there was some discussion about thether the 'permanent extraction time bonus' was actually a penalty. A number of high level diggers felt that they only had sufficient focus to last the 'normal' dig time so would simply stand around waiting for the 'bonus' time to expire. Is this still the current thinking?

6. I had hoped to post separately about fame but, unfortunately, it has implications on rites so I'm going to have to ask some rather vague questions as a block here. I stopped playing just after the OP patch came in. I elected to be neutral and my Kami and Karavan fame are therefore both currently zero. This suits my stance as a player and my Avatars beliefs. I doubt I will change my opinion but my Avatar may be prepared to be swayed in any direction by discussion - about practical rather than philosophical matters. For my RPGing the only practical problem I face is the paucity of TP's available to me. I also have trouble getting my head round the various types of fame; racial, religious, guild etc and how they may interact. Maybe the only question really is 'How does it all hang together for fame'. On a more specific level I recall that for some of the rites a certain level of fame was needed. I may now be in a bind if, for example, there are rites that I want to do and some require high Kami fame but others require high Karavan fame. If so, I may have to decide where I want my fame to end up, then do the 'other' rites first, then adjust my fame to do the rites with the fame I want long term. However, that poses other questions. Can I adjust my fame while staying neutral. If I can and do adjust my fame in any direction will this have an effect on the TP's I can currently use? For instance, if I can and do increase Kami fame to 60, whilst staying neutral, will that give me access to Kami PR TP's or would I still have to move from neutral? Similarly, would increasing Kami fame stop me using the Karavan TP's that I currently have access to.The questions could be endless so I'll see what answers I get and then, perhaps, ask any further specific questions about fame in a separate post.

The Chest of Wisdom:
Amber Cubes - completable
The Geography of Atys:
Majestic Gardens - completable
Fleeting Gardens - 4 tasks done but no rite pop. If live what is the bonus
Cities of Intuition - completable
Imperial Dunes - 3 tasks done but no rite pop (RR - not live)
Liberty Lake - 3 tasks done but no rite pop (RR - not live)
Dew Drops - completable
Winds of Muse - 4 tasks done but no rite pop (RR - not live)
Homin Crafts:
Armour and Shields - completable
Daggers - ? - What is bonus? Can the 4 tasks be done and, if so, will rite pop?
Jewelry - ? - Can the 3 tasks be done and, if so, will rite pop?
Melee Weapons - ? - Can the 3 tasks be done and, if so, will rite pop?
Range Weapons and Ammo - ? - Can the 3 tasks be done and, if so, will rite pop?
Tribes of Atys:
The Corsairs - 3 tasks done but no rite pop (RR - not live)
The Matisian Border Guards - 5 tasks done but no rite pop (RR - not live)
The Shadow Runners - 4 tasks done but no rite pop. What is the bonus?
The Water Breakers - ? - What is the bonus? Can the tasks be done? Will the rite pop?
Natural Resources of Atys:
Food - ? - Can the 4 tasks be done? Will the rite pop?
Wood Nodes - 2 tasks done - Can the other 2 be done. Will the rite pop. (RR - not live)
Zorais and Jungle Material - completable
Tryker and Lake Materials - 3 tasks done but I left the rite (this is a bit of an outrider - see question 5 above). Can the rite still be done?
The Creatures of Atys:
Bodoc - 5 tasks done but no rite pop
Bawaab - completable - does anyone know what the bonus actually does (beyond what the text of it says)?
Gnoof - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Izam - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Slaveni - 3 tasks done but no rite pop
Clopper - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Goari - 3 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Ragus - 4 tasks done but no rite pop
Varynx - 3 tasks done - 2 + rite o/s - (RR - not live)
Javing - 3 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
The Kitins:
Kincher - 5 tasks done but no rite pop
Kizoar - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Kitins incontinent - sorry - in continent Fyros - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Kitins in continent Tryker - 3 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Kitin Story 2 - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
The Kamis:
Kamis and Fyros - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Kamis and Tryker - 2 tasks done 3 plus rite o/s - completable? If so what is the bonus?
The Karavan:
The Karavan and the Fyros - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
The Karavan and the Tribes - 2 tasks done 3 plus rite o/s - completable? If so, what is the bonus?
Karavan Story 1 - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Karavan Story 2 - ? - (RR - not live)
The Matis:
Matis History: Exile in Prime Roots - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Matis History: New Beginning - 1 task done 2 plus rite o/s - completable? If so, what is the bonus?
The Zorais:
Zorai History: New Beginning - 3 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Zorai Culture: Religion - 4 tasks done but no rite pop
The Fyros:
Fyros History: New Beginning - 3 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Fyros Story 2 - ? - (RR - not live)
The Tryker:
The Trykers and the Zorai - 4 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Tryker History: New Beginning - 3 tasks done but no rite pop - (RR - not live)
Tryker Story 3 - 5 tasks done but no rite pop
gaspode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #2
thlau

Re: Encyclopedia Rites (and Fame)

Rites that are working are:

The Chest of Wisdom
- Amber Cubes

The Creatures of Atys
- Bawaab (Lightning Aura)

The Fyros
- Fyros Story 2 (Durability)

The Geography of Atys
- Cities of Intuition (Sap Bonus)
- Dew Drops (more Landmarks)
- Majestic Garden (Focus Bonus)

The Homin Crafter
- Armor and Shields (Generic Shield plan)
- Jewelry (Focus Bonus)
- Melee Weapons (Generic Axe plan)
- Range weapons and ammo (Generic Bowrifle plan)

The resources of Atys
- Food (Source damage absobtion 2)
- Trykers and lake materials (permanent extraction time bonus)
- Zoraďs and jungle materials (Source damage absobtion 1)
Old October 20th, 2006, 10:03 AM   #3
myseren

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspode1
1. Have Nevrax said for definite if these will ever be fixed and reinstated in full.

Last June (2005) at IRL Jessica Mulligan said there was something wrong with the coding on the rites and they were working on it. She said we would soon be inundated with so many rites you couldnt do them all. Guess thats a soon (tm) would be nice to know officially if rites are still on the cards.
myseren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #4
thlau

Quote:
6. I had hoped to post separately about fame but, unfortunately, it has implications on rites so I'm going to have to ask some rather vague questions as a block here. I stopped playing just after the OP patch came in. I elected to be neutral and my Kami and Karavan fame are therefore both currently zero. This suits my stance as a player and my Avatars beliefs. I doubt I will change my opinion but my Avatar may be prepared to be swayed in any direction by discussion - about practical rather than philosophical matters. For my RPGing the only practical problem I face is the paucity of TP's available to me. I also have trouble getting my head round the various types of fame; racial, religious, guild etc and how they may interact. Maybe the only question really is 'How does it all hang together for fame'. On a more specific level I recall that for some of the rites a certain level of fame was needed. I may now be in a bind if, for example, there are rites that I want to do and some require high Kami fame but others require high Karavan fame. If so, I may have to decide where I want my fame to end up, then do the 'other' rites first, then adjust my fame to do the rites with the fame I want long term. However, that poses other questions. Can I adjust my fame while staying neutral. If I can and do adjust my fame in any direction will this have an effect on the TP's I can currently use? For instance, if I can and do increase Kami fame to 60, whilst staying neutral, will that give me access to Kami PR TP's or would I still have to move from neutral? Similarly, would increasing Kami fame stop me using the Karavan TP's that I currently have access to.The questions could be endless so I'll see what answers I get and then, perhaps, ask any further specific questions about fame in a separate post.

As far as I know the rites fame requirements are based on cultural fame (Fyros, Matis, Tryker, Zorai) and not on cult fame (Kami, Karavan).

You wont be able to get 60 Kami fami, because your fame is capped at 50 while you stay neutral. The purple and prime root region tps require cult allegiance, and you have to meet the fame requirements.
And yes, you can raise your fame while staying neutral, only it is capped at 50%
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:19 AM   #5
XoloX

Quote:
5. Trykers and Lake Materials. When rites were the hot topic there was some discussion about thether the 'permanent extraction time bonus' was actually a penalty. A number of high level diggers felt that they only had sufficient focus to last the 'normal' dig time so would simply stand around waiting for the 'bonus' time to expire. Is this still the current thinking?
A nice reward - so I thought ages ago.
The extra consumption one or two extraction or care plans use up can be adjusted/compensated and it ends up with 1-2 more pieces per source. Sound good? Wait...
It might be - if you're digging with max available bonus time anyway. If however you're going after maximum possible number of sources, the extra time will cut you short of being able to dig a further one. While others of your level might be able to dig on eg. 3 or 4 prospected sources, you'll be down by one almost always with the sources vanishing right before you finish with number 2 or 3...almost pushing you to dig with maximum bonus time.
Depends on your preferred digging style, then

Adding to 6. No porting to the 250 regions you might still be used to, except GoC. Not being able to buy tickets to the PR hurts neutrals - unless you want nothing down there anyway....
btt: some prereq missions might require fame since some come from Kami or Karavan representatives themselves, you'd have to check, though.
Other than that, all finishable rites themselves, as of now, are available to neutral Homins (only).
XoloX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #6
raynes

The encylopedia is in the same state as it was many moons ago.
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote