Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 26th, 2006, 02:34 AM   #1
tigon

Talking Just a few questions.

I just have a few questions, being a newb and all. :P I never got the answers to these when I played for the couple weeks before, and since I'm subscribed and all I guess now is the time to ask! :P

1) What's the difference between the different armor types? I know heavy is going to protect more then light, but what else is different? Drawbacks and such to each type?
2) What's the difference between the different type of weapons? The advantage/disadvantage of melee over ranged, or fight over magic, etc?
3) Why are Trykers so small and cute?

That's it, so thanks in advance!! =)
tigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #2
mugendo

Re: Just a few questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigon

1) What's the difference between the different armor types? I know heavy is going to protect more then light, but what else is different? Drawbacks and such to each type?

it's worth taking a little time getting familiar with the examine option as there is a Lot of important modifiers to every item ingame, armour is no exception and has a lot of information attached to it when you examine it, in general the heavier the armour the more encumberance....harder to dodge, bad for casting, harder to dig etc (as you would expect). I am sure there will be a comprehensive answer....or link posted after my response here.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 02:57 AM   #3
acridiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigon
3) Why are Trykers so small and cute?

If they were big and ugly the´d be Fyros

*runs and hides*

Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 03:09 AM   #4
katriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridiel
If they were big and ugly the´d be Fyros

*runs and hides*

Acridiel
No, they'd be Matis. Fyros aren't big.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 03:44 AM   #5
iwojimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
No, they'd be Matis. Fyros aren't big.

Jelathnia will be upset with you

Heavy armour provides the highest protection but also a significant "malus" per piece, which increases the credits consumed by each action. It also provides a significant HP boost too.

Medium armour .. is intermediate.. it provides fair protection, a moderate HP boost, and a slight malus.

Light armour provides little protection, no extra HPs, and no Malus.

If you need to take damage.. HA is the go, if you cant afford Malus, (digging, crafting) or dont want to pay for extra protection ( casting magic ) LA is for you. If you want extra HP and protection without paying too much, and incidently look really cool, then wear MA

Melee weapons are either 2 handed or 1 handed, and damage is pierce, slash, or blunt.

2 handed weapons are slower, but do more damage than one handed, and have all their abilities activated.. so you can have parry bonuses with them...

1 handed weapons are faster, do less damage, but you can use a shield/buckler with them for extra defense. Unfortunately, they havent implemented the abilities on them, so you DONT get extra parry or whatever - and the Malus from the shield, combined with faster actions, means you are hurting yourself more using them *NEEDS TO BE FIXED, NEVRAX !! *

Different damage types are effective against different types of mobs, and get different special attacks. Slash has bleed, which adds a small damage-over-time option, Blunt has slow, which reduces targets attack rate, and Pierce has ignore armour, which lets you counteract the protection of what you are attacking.

Ranged combat requires ammunition but you can "shoot and skoot".. fire while running away.. also refered to as Kiting, and hopefully avoid getting hit altogether. the different ammo types lose their special attack options, but are still effective/not against the mobs defenses.

Magic (eventually) has the highest damage output, but also the highest cost. A nuker needs a healer, while a tank might prevail without one. Magic is also the most versatile.. heal or nuke, attack at range, damage or afflict..

And Trykers are designed to appeal to the child in us.. evil cold hearted manipulative Game Designers preying on our weak spots
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:41 AM   #6
tigon

Thanks all for the replies.. especially iwojimmy, that was really helpful! :P Mucho appreciated.
tigon is offline   Reply With Quote