Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old October 27th, 2006, 05:23 AM   #1
vguerin

(Officical CSR response requested) Growing pains...

I am not sure which thread is the most proper for this post, but we'd like an official response if possible to prevent our breaking the CoC and official policies. Asking 10 homins whether it is proper or not has several responses, none official.

Melinoe is growing in leaps and bounds lately, bigger than in a LONG time. We have created an alternate guild (The name contains Melinoe in it, we are not trying to hide) to allow us room for expansion and growth. Would there be anything wrong with switching between guilds to fill alternating GH's as well as leveling the threshold ? Without an attack in months there is no other way to keep our defenses high regardless how vigilant we are.

I want to ensure the official status of this action also because we have allies that have wanted to exchange an OP regularly but we have always considered blocking others from attacking and artificially raising the threshold as an exploit.

Can we get on official response before accusations fly, forums PvP has no winner ?
Old October 27th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #2
raven41

Re: (Officical CSR response requested) Growing pains...

( I know I'm not official but...) I still view this the same... Its your OP do what you want with it , I only consider it cowardess if you do it weekly JUST to keep the TH high and no other reasons at all... Or if you know someone is gonna attack so you get allies to declare over and over so your enemy can't lol... other then that its your business what you do with your OP (Just my opinion)
Old October 27th, 2006, 06:06 AM   #3
praha

Smells like an exploit to me. But you are doing via legit means. So... meh.

Threshholds are meant to get lower if no guilds attack. This is incentive for conflict. I'm sure you already know this though.

The whole state of the GH is still a mess 2 yrs later. Before OP's were even introduced there was alot of moaning from all different types of players about GH bulk or the lack thereof. OP's, for those who own them, have only made the situation worse.

**A post Ring roadmap would be a nice request from the devs.**
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #4
dakhound

ofc I dont write the CoC

but I wouldnt complain.

psst - why dont you just uhm fill your bag full of cats and transfer it to another guildie instead? if the sole purpose is to raise the TH I wouldnt bother, I'm guessing there is probably no support at all for attacking your outpost (unfortunately)
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:58 AM   #5
philu

Guess it's 2 slightly conflicting issues here.

Transferring your OP to your alt guild so you can fill the GH easily is OK IMHO.

However, in the process you will raise the threshold, which is kind of an exploit (again IMHO). The only way that I can see that you can do it 'honestly' is to stop attacking once you've achieved the required threshold. Don't raise it any higher then you need to. So if you need 4 to win it, stop at 4. At least that way it wont be raised that much.

Does highlight (yet again) the need for a diplomatic way to transfer an OP - one that doesn't affect the threshold.

Only other way I can see to do it is the hard way. Have a player with an empty appartment made HO in Melinoe. Get them to go back and forth carrying a bagful of stacks at a time to the appt. Then they switch to the alt guild and transfer them the other way. Repeat each time Melinoe's GH fills up. Should only take about 2 months.

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
Old October 27th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #6
aude03

I fi can give my opinion,

As Melinoe's guildies are not allowed to attack their own outpost if it's declared, if they switch to the alt guild just for an attack, yes i think it can be considered as an exploit.
leveling the threshold... it's an usual thing to avoid attacks. Why not doing like all the others : switch op with an allied guild ? You'll be certain to not break any CoC or official policies.

just my opinion
Old October 27th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #7
borg9

Someone today has mentioned that there is a reliquish option availble to guilds owning OPs.

Giving the OPs back to the NPCs makes none of this an issue IMHO.

Edit: Seems I have been told wrong anyway.... hearsay is not a reliable!

Last edited by borg9 : October 27th, 2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old October 27th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #8
philu

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9
Someone today has mentioned that there is a reliquish option availble to guilds owning OPs.

Giving the OPs back to the NPCs makes none of this an issue IMHO.

Except that you are just adding an extra step to the process. So Melinoe give up their OP then their alt guild attacks the NPCs and takes it - raising the threshold in the process. Then they reverse the process. In what way is this different from just having the alt guild attack while Melinoe own it? Still raises the threshold and will be considered an exploit by many.

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
Old October 27th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #9
jamela

The extra step is that the guild actually lose possession that way. Mischievous parties might then like to prevent them from regaining it. Then again, I seem to remember that you cannot side with Marauders - can someone clarify that?
Old October 27th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #10
borg9

There is nothing to stop any guild have some other guild declare on the outpost and then fight as ATTACKERS.

I think the use of exploit is an emotive term used to incorrectly here.

Cliffing is an Exploit, using scenery to gain XP without risk.

Attacking a lvl 50 outpost with 1 team of lvl 250's to raise the threshold to 24, isn't. There is still a risk even if its only very very small.
Otherwise hunting with 1 elemetalist and 8 healers is exploiting.

Edit: Seems I have been told wrong anyway.... hearsay is not a reliable!

Last edited by borg9 : October 27th, 2006 at 01:59 PM.
Closed Thread