Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Technical Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 29th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #1
skeith8

Unhappy Please Wait?

I'm experiencing some problems getting the game to run smoothely...Whenever I try to move a little icon appears of a computer in the middle of the screen and it says "please wait"...Sometimes it takes minutes to get it running again, just to freeze up seconds later.

Also, when I try to shut the game off it takes 45 minutes and then I have to close it down manually because of a computer freeze. It gets extreemely annoying.

Anyone know what's going on, or how to fix it? Any advice will be appreciated.
skeith8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:09 PM   #2
vguerin

Re: Please Wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeith8
I'm experiencing some problems getting the game to run smoothely...Whenever I try to move a little icon appears of a computer in the middle of the screen and it says "please wait"...Sometimes it takes minutes to get it running again, just to freeze up seconds later.

Also, when I try to shut the game off it takes 45 minutes and then I have to close it down manually because of a computer freeze. It gets extreemely annoying.

Anyone know what's going on, or how to fix it? Any advice will be appreciated.
I am curious as to how much RAM/CPU you have... Ryzom is system intensive and "please wait" can occur for connection or system oriented reasons.
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM   #3
skeith8

Well, I have nearly 15 whole GB left of free space on my computer. What else do I really need? I know I need to clear some things out...
skeith8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #4
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeith8
I'm experiencing some problems getting the game to run smoothely...Whenever I try to move a little icon appears of a computer in the middle of the screen and it says "please wait"

The 'please wait' can be a result of packet loss (poor internet data transfer),
check any firewall software/router settings/wireless strength if applicable.
Of course Ryzom is very resource intensive and the more memory you have the better it will perform
RAM is the memory you want high, 2GB allows it to run well on my mid range machine. Don't confuse this with hard drive space, that is for storage of software.
there is a very good technical support section on the site here too..and of course the klient prog.
hope you get it running better soon

in summary....everything vguerin said above in one sentence....

so I will add a quick link to klient then http://www.ryzom.com/support
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote