Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 5th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #1
xyclonee

Are you sure you killed any kitins?

I dont think there is anything cool about those titles,
How we know who killed the kitins and who bought the title?

Do you guys that buy your titles really feel proud wearing it?

I think the devs made a mistake here, but as it is ingame it isnt an exploit.

I know i killed a couple and i would love the title, "Kitin Title Merchant"
xyclonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #2
iphdrunk

Re: Are you sure you killed any kitins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonee

I am half / half here. First, globally, I agree, these titles should not be bough, after the insight of the event. But, I always favor the cases where players have the maximum choice and flexibility, specially in trading and economy (my most favourite IG aspects at the moment). I decided to buy coins out of curiosity, as you saw in my bazaar thread. More or less, I hunted them till the Eradicator. The last one, needing 4k, looks like a grind to me (made worse by two factors... first I don't really like the Mass murdered. There is a negative connotation to the word murderer, and second, if the event lasted enough so everybody can get it at their own rythm and pace, it would be better.... with a limited time-window, you just need IG hours, concentrated), and if I decided to buy some (including the 2000 you sold me) was, as I said, curiosity, large number of coins needed etc., and why not... lazyness, I confess... That said, even buying yours, I have 1k5 left to get, and I am not feeling like going on. In summary, after having bought them, it does not seem good to reward a player as "hunter".

Quote:
Do you guys that buy your titles really feel proud wearing it?

Personally, I just wear the ones I earned so in my case... yes, I can feel.

Quote:
I think the devs made a mistake here, but as it is ingame it isnt an exploit. I know i killed a couple and i would love the title, "Kitin Title Merchant"

Mistake? not sure. I am thinking that it was supposed to take into account also healers that may not loot or to ease the trading and sharing (otherwise each player should loot thus slowing down the hunt). It is easier to loot one and split after.

But don't worry, You would need to sell me 1k5 to really say that you sold me a title ... Right now, since I don't feel like getting those 1k5, I think more that I wasted 2k coins and an armillo light armor -- to be honest, I wanted to tell you not to get them becauseI knew I wasn't interested in the last title, but you had already started... --
iphdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #3
chessack

I agree it is a bit odd, to have people who never touched a kitin be able to have those badges. In fact someone last night offered me some kitin pieces and I said "No thanks" for just that reason... if I'm going to have the title "Kitin hunter" or something, I should have done some actual kitin hunting (which I pretty much haven't). I found myself wondering how many other people did take up a similar offer, though.

C
chessack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM   #4
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonee
they should of made coins "magically appear to your bag" (for every member in group, not one member at the time) when you killed one kitin and non-trade... better yet, they should of only earned them when there were xp involved.

with boss, same thing, just that no xp needed, just if you helped in fight (2 groups, both group members get title coin). non-trade again (and only get one if you need one)
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #5
xyclonee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphdrunk
But don't worry, You would need to sell me 1k5 to really say that you sold me a title ... Right now, since I don't feel like getting those 1k5, I think more that I wasted 2k coins and an armillo light armor -- to be honest, I wanted to tell you not to get them becauseI knew I wasn't interested in the last title, but you had already started... --

I did that just for fun

Wanted to see how fast i could get those tokens, got chocked how easy it is. 2000 in 3-4hours, so if event was for a week,
all players that play 1 hour a day would get a decent title
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #6
raven41

Well, I had to kill to get mine :P... Got boring so I stopped as soon as I hit the Kitin eradicator or how ever ya spell it...

idk about the XP thing... What if im using a skill that I get no XP for using? (Which is what I was doing) and getting the message 'bla bla bla to easy bla bla bla' ... Maybe you mean just anyone in the team that would get XP? Because if I was forced to use a skill which I got XP for I woulda stopped at the 250 peice title

But yeah, I killed kitins to get my title... And Honestly don't care if people that didn't kill have them, Because I know I earned them
raven41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:47 PM   #7
xyclonee

You are an ownest and respectable homin Red

I promise i wont nuke you in dyron again
Old November 5th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #8
raven41

lol! Ok... You would have found me easier to kill in Dyron nowadays anyway ... Cus I spend 95% of the time that im in Dyron digging O.O... Good thing I dun stay there 100% of the time
raven41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #9
clyne
Registered Player

I dont think too much about the event and rewards or how people got it. Personally I would stick with "Wayfarer" title all the way. Nonetheless I did earn two titles mainly by soloing in Windermeer and a few with another homin in Dew Drops. "Hunter of debundant kittins" and "Kittin Hunter", and that's about it. *^.^*

Olca
- The Homin of Destiny

Relino
- The Cutest Trykertte

~*~ An adventurer and a melee combatant ~*~

clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #10
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven41
idk about the XP thing... What if im using a skill that I get no XP for using? (Which is what I was doing) and getting the message 'bla bla bla to easy bla bla bla' ...
if you use lvl 250 skill on purple kitins, then you still get xp.
if you use lvl 250 skill on red kitins, then you dont get xp.

.. or do you think it's unfair to force AoD's to purple zone, so they need to actually work for their reward and not just bomb-vamp targets ?
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote