Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Account Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 21st, 2006, 07:30 PM   #1
shadowweb
Former SGM

About your account during the transition period

As it was announced in Monday's news, Nevrax is entering in a transition period.

To answer a few of your concerns regarding your account, here's what's going on:
  • If you were a subscriber before 3pm GMT yesterday Monday the 20th (you paid before this date), your account has been credited with one free month ("November 20 2006 - 1 month of free time period" in "account events" in your profile). This means that additionally to the period you chose to pay, you have one extra month.

If your character is still on Ruins of Silan, you can go to mainland and have access to the full game. If you are already on mainland, no particular restriction is added and you can keep doing what you were used to do.

• You are on a Free Trial (you never paid to play). Your account will remain a Free Trial and you can't subscribe and go to mainland for now. That is why we removed the level cap. If this cap ever comes back or that you can subscribe later, these levels above 21 shouldn't disappear.

• If you unsubscribed but your subscription period didn't end before 3pm GMT yesterday, then your account has been credited with one free month.

• You were once a subscriber and you subscription period ended before 3pm GMT yesterday (meaning you couldn't play or post on the forums anymore with the concerned account), for now you can't resubscribe. The only way for you to play Ryzom is by creating a Free Trial.

Even though we wish we could answer you to clarify the situation, many of your questions regarding your account can't be answered simply because this is not our call anymore (such as when will the subscription be reopened, what will be the new costs...). These answers can only be given by a potential new company/owner of Ryzom, which is the only one able to take a decision on this point.
shadowweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:18 PM   #2
vguerin

Re: About your account during the transition period

Many of us are here til they pull the plug or break the "saga"... thanks for keeping us posted and best of luck to all the CSR involved during this time.

For us it's a game, for you all it's a job...
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:24 PM   #3
fiach

Thanks for clearing the free month thing up, We hope things work out well for both Neverax and the fanbase.

Good luck with the negotiations, we are all rooting for ya
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 11:18 PM   #4
philu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
Many of us are here til they pull the plug or break the "saga"... thanks for keeping us posted and best of luck to all the CSR involved during this time.

For us it's a game, for you all it's a job...

Well said DT. And thanks for the update Shadowweb.

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
philu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 01:44 AM   #5
yuiopkid

Wait... so... is this the reason why my game is giving the error messege [can't connect (entry code:1)] or is this a completely different reason

I've tried restarting it... and I unplugged the internet from the back of my computer... do i have to shut down the whole modom? (if this is indeed not the case for me not bein' able to log on)

thanks
yuiopkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:33 AM   #6
wolf351

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowweb
As it was announced in Monday's news, Nevrax is entering in a transition period.

To answer a few of your concerns regarding your account, here's what's going on:
  • If you were a subscriber before 3pm GMT yesterday Monday the 20th (you paid before this date), your account has been credited with one free month ("November 20 2006 - 1 month of free time period" in "account events" in your profile). This means that additionally to the period you chose to pay, you have one extra month.

If your character is still on Ruins of Silan, you can go to mainland and have access to the full game. If you are already on mainland, no particular restriction is added and you can keep doing what you were used to do.

• You are on a Free Trial (you never paid to play). Your account will remain a Free Trial and you can't subscribe and go to mainland for now. That is why we removed the level cap. If this cap ever comes back or that you can subscribe later, these levels above 21 shouldn't disappear.

• If you unsubscribed but your subscription period didn't end before 3pm GMT yesterday, then your account has been credited with one free month.

• You were once a subscriber and you subscription period ended before 3pm GMT yesterday (meaning you couldn't play or post on the forums anymore with the concerned account), for now you can't resubscribe. The only way for you to play Ryzom is by creating a Free Trial.

Even though we wish we could answer you to clarify the situation, many of your questions regarding your account can't be answered simply because this is not our call anymore (such as when will the subscription be reopened, what will be the new costs...). These answers can only be given by a potential new company/owner of Ryzom, which is the only one able to take a decision on this point.

Errr, what did you exactly mean when you said that if you were a subscriber and it ended before "yesterday at 3pm", the only way to play is to create a free trial? Does this in fact mean that the character(s) from those accounts will be deleted? Or does it mean that those on the Mainland before their account ended before 3pm won't be able to log in to those accounts anymore, and/or their character(s) being deleted? Or is it something entirely different? Please explain this, thanks!
wolf351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:47 AM   #7
preceden

No Way!

I go on a little 2 week vacation to mexico, my sub expires while I am gone, I come back late last night - and now I can no longer play!

Doesn't make any sense to me.

They give everyone a free month, but won't take my money.

And I was planning on finally getting my AoD this weekend *pout*

sorry, but the ruins just don't do it as a substitute...
preceden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:04 AM   #8
jintalin

Exclamation Re: About your account during the transition period

newbie island just don't cut it

Last edited by jintalin : November 27th, 2006 at 10:17 AM.
jintalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 05:59 PM   #9
d29565

You can think it unfair all you want, but there is nothing the CSRs can do, along with Nevrax.
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM   #10
shadowweb
Former SGM

We are afraid that subs that expired before 3pm on Monday will be unable to log in as we disabled the option to subscribe at that time.

Your characters are not affected and we will not delete them during the transition period.
shadowweb is offline   Reply With Quote