Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 30th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #1
slay13

Help save Cho!!

Hi all,

I am one of the few new paying subscribers to have slipped through the cracks before the announcements regarding Ryzom and it's future. I play a male Zoraii named "Beefy" on Cho and am a member of the Elementals of Atys, and have found as many others have when they started, that it is exremely empty on our server at present and is very hard to do much of anything with the exception of digging/crafting, and even then its hard to find anyone to sell what you craft to.

While my guild has helped me out immensly in filling this population void (i probably would have stopped playing outright without them), it is still extremely hard for me to find groups without extreme downtime during most times that i regularly play. I also know that there are others far less fortunate than I am that have had even an harder time starting out or continuing play on Cho, and that is the reason that i have started this thread.

I think that it's important that those that have chosen to stick it out on Cho through this transition stick together, yet it is often extremely hard to find those that have interests similar to yours to group/play/dig with. I think it would be nice if those willing to help would post their ingame names and what their interests are, as well as how they could help others who are having difficulties ingame.

Character name: Beefy

Skills: 175 heal, 115 2hmace.

How i play: I enjoy xp grinding atm, but would like to explore crafting in the near future when i can finally make up my mind as to what i actually WANT to craft ;P

Advice: Join a guild, friends list as many people as possible. My guild is currently recruiting and are also available for any help needed, feel free to visit our site or post on our forums http://www.elementals-of-atys.com/

Divine Indignation is a new guild formed by Zandriok, check out his thread here http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26562 . He is extremely friendly ingame and has a great passion for the game as well as starting a guild, but is also have a hard time finding members.

Defenders of Kami is also recruiting. I dont know them personally but they look like a great guild for new players also. Heres a thread to them.... http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26240

Help i can offer: I usually hang out in either the desert, or the jungle, but am willing to group anywhere. If anyone needs help with trekking to new towns or getting TP's/respawns feel free to msg me ingame or friends me as im often on.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and hope to hear from some new friends in game soon.
slay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #2
praha

Re: Help save Cho!!

Yay for Beefy!! You rock man. You get my vote for new player of the year!
praha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:59 AM   #3
dollly

come to arispotle...i think it was a mistake to open cho and split the english speaking community.. it started with 1 leg in the grave...
dollly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 01:38 AM   #4
forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollly
come to arispotle...i think it was a mistake to open cho and split the english speaking community.. it started with 1 leg in the grave...
I agree with this, we where not ready for a second English server.
forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 02:32 AM   #5
danlufan

i agree, cho was a waste of resources in my honest opinion. Its split the english speaking community, and maybe the new company that takes over will address this issue.
danlufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 02:33 AM   #6
praha

The only way I'd ever go back to Aris full time is if Outposts were removed until they were balanced and moneysinks were introduced to game. If a server merge occurs there will probably be another exodus from game. Nothing compared to what has already happened during Ep II, or after the recent news. A server merge would be another example of Nevrax saying "F you" just like they did to the old English (US) community server.

In all honesty it really doesn't matter. This post should be renamed to "Help save Ryzom". It's not only Cho that is in trouble. And there is really any of us can do at this point to save it.
Old December 1st, 2006, 02:40 AM   #7
rob16299

Hey Beef, this is Harpoon. Good Luck with what youre doing!

I myself rerolled on Aripostle, as I never found more than 2 people in each zone i was in, on the Mainland.

Good Luck, just wish the server had more time before the stoppage.
rob16299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 02:42 AM   #8
praha

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlufan
i agree, cho was a waste of resources in my honest opinion. Its split the english speaking community...

Cho and the other 2 servers in the works were to be in place for when the PR campaign machine was in full effect. I would say that before the news of doom n' gloom, Cho starting to get a decent population.
Old December 1st, 2006, 02:45 AM   #9
rob16299

if you consider the Island as "population". Half of the people on there had no intention of upgrading. I asked several of them.
rob16299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 03:26 AM   #10
slay13

Well thanks for your input about the 2 servers and whatnot, but thats honestly not the reason i started this thread. I would love to re-roll a 2nd alt. someday on the other server once i know better what the future holds for ryzom, but right now i feel pretty good about where i'm at.

As far as the debate between if there should be 2 servers or not, could you please start another thread for that because this is just gonna become a whole different debate entirely, and while i don't disagree with what your saying, i'd rather this thread either stayed a "help" thread, or gets bumped down off the front page if no one else in interested in posting any info. Thanks for your time.
slay13 is offline   Reply With Quote