Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old February 25th, 2007, 06:58 AM   #1
d29565

Break Time!

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen.

I was talking with a member of OotN tonight after the OP battle craze and we both agree, it's time for some OP battle breaks.

We're all tired of having to stay home from work (hello, money?), we're all tired of having our much needed weekend rest taken from us, we're all just tired. You know it, I know it.

We all need to master some crafts, master some levels, all that nice stuff. Can we all try to play nice for a few weeks (2 or 3) and not declare on any outposts? This will give thresholds time to get low on both sides, making for easier battles when we all go back and attack like crazy again, right? Yrkanis battles are more fun anyway.

So, can we all try to stop declaring like made for a little bit?

And if someone were to declare, 'ya know what, dont support it. Relax. Make friends on all sides of the fence. I have, lately, I've done more talking with the evil matis karavan alliance than I have leveling. (Of course, most of us crazy OoC members like to stand around and chat).

But, Take a Break!

edit: sorry, I was a bit unclear. Just reading the first 3 posts you seem to think I meant for us to forgot about Monday. Was ment to start right after that stuff. Sorry.

Last edited by d29565 : February 25th, 2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #2
setstyle

Re: Break Time!

Am I correct to assume this call for a "break" doesn't apply to the Kami declaration on Monday morning?
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #3
japamala

I fully agree.

especially since I'm as of yet too low level to participate in any OP battle.
Old February 25th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #4
katriell

Quote:
Originally Posted by japamala
especially since I'm as of yet too low level to participate in any OP battle.
Heh, no such thing!

I know someone whose highest skills are around 50 (I think?) and he's been enjoying participating in the outpost battles. The only detraction being that the opposition keeps disappearing and making us wait and do nothing for over half the battle duration.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
Old February 25th, 2007, 10:29 AM   #5
japamala

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
Heh, no such thing!

I know someone whose highest skills are around 50 (I think?) and he's been enjoying participating in the outpost battles. The only detraction being that the opposition keeps disappearing and making us wait and do nothing for over half the battle duration.

what I meant is, I can't really do all that mutch.

I still participate, and try to be range when I can get away with it, otherwise I heal my team mates by the pixel..
Old February 25th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #6
setstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by japamala
I still participate, and try to be range when I can get away with it, otherwise I heal my team mates by the pixel..

Battles may be won mostly by numbers, and sometimes strategy, but mind you every little bit of heal helps.

(And I too have to turn my graphics down to stick-figure mode... but at least I can move somewhat close to realtime, usually.)
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #7
arfindel

... mmm yes, if I was guilded Ootn I'd love a break: just imagine. All OPs in Fyros, 2 q250 OPs in Matis, all q200 OPs in all lands, except for neutrals. But... bad luck we don't outnumber anymore...Yes of course we need a break, we need to grow our newbies and have some guild life

Btw, does this break include calling back Ootn attack upon MoM? Just to be sure.
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:42 PM   #8
acridiel

Guys and Girls I am shocked.
Please correct me if I´m reading this wrong but:

I´m not from your server but I´d realy love to see you cut out on the sarcasm on this one.

Can´t you understand that somone might REALY be just tired of it all?
Can´t you imagine that some people might REALY just want a break?
Can´t you even think of this post as nothing but sincere?

Maybe the person posting this just doesn´t know about this declaration on Monday.
Who are you to bash this IMHO innocent and absolutely normal question with such sarcasm and disbelive?

Are you two such bitter cynics? Did the constant lack of sleep and Weekend free time do this to you?
Du you actually LIKE spending countless nights before the PC defending something virtual and putting it over your Real Life matters?

Just because you might not need a break it does not mean it´s not time for it, or an innocent question for it isn´t justified.

Even if thsi ONE Attack on Monday does coem fromt he guild of this ONE person asking for a break, does this allready make him/her a bad person?
Can´t you then just take a break AFTER this one battle has been fought?
Or just leave it be and put it on another date?

Jesus Christ Guys, if I see such hidden accusations I´m absulotely convinced who realy needs to take a break. *shakes head*

Sorry for the hot tone on this one, but such things simply get on my nerves.
And yes, I´m neither sheriff nor Personal defender of OoNT or anyone else.
I just can´t stand to see such response to an innocent question.
So sue me.

Acridiel
Old February 25th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #9
arfindel

Acridiel dear, while I like you lots and appreciate your presence and beautiful work, you really know me too little - but not your fault as I am not posting a lot on forums here - TS has declared war only one time in all its existence (about a year and a month or 2), and Keiko has moved from TS because we're too peaceful soooo...
Old February 25th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #10
acridiel

Ok, a rather ironic situation I admit. *LOL*
Sorry for being in such a foul mood over this and maybe even ranting a bit.
But I simply don´t see why a call for a break should not be justified.
Even if he/she is a PvP-Person.

Strangely here on Leanon this worked quite fine a while back.
Everyone took a break of some weeks and then got to it with renewed energie.
Ok, some spazz with a fake-Guild would always click on Newyears-Eve just be the "Bad Kid", but they simply chose to ignore it and ... nothing happend.
Even IF someone would take advantage of such an break...
Well, I think those who honored the agreement should then later band together and slap his fingers for that.

CU
Acridiel
Closed Thread