Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old March 3rd, 2007, 01:29 AM   #1
xtarsia

OP Mechanics suggestion

How about making it so that only 1 OP battle may occur every 6 hours (on a global Basis)

Simple, easy, will stop a load of arguments too. (tho not all)
Old March 3rd, 2007, 01:48 AM   #2
thlau

Re: OP Mechanics suggestion

In my opinion the devs should have activated the intended faction balancing mechanism as they original intended. That would have atomatically solved a lot of problems we now have to live with. But bringing it now would be far too late.
And the OP fights would be GvG and not FvF.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:31 AM   #3
katriell

Faction balancing mechanism? Sure, that would've cut down a major load of whining over the months, but it should only be a valid consideration if the outposts were never intended to represent any aspect of the faction war. Even if they weren't intended to be part of the faction war (in which case the faction that has the most OPs would be winning and to negate that via balancing makes the entire conflict endless and pointless), a balancing mechanism would partially destroy the interesting politics (on factional, racial, and guild levels) that outposts stimulate. GvG would almost completely decimate such politics, as well as hurt smaller guilds.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:55 AM   #4
kyesmith

Right then, outposts where to start on how they should change!

First off exp crystals, DUH whoever thought of that should be shot "lets give people who own outposts double exp so they get to lvl 250 faster and get bored and leave" genius.

Next point, Fraction vrs Fraction is stupid!!!!! Make it guild vrs guild, also hows this for a slice of fried gold, tryker guilds can only attack tryker outposts! ect

Actually complete something before implimenting it (GF you have alot to learn from, nevrax made alot of mistakes which you can see how to do better) make rewards more creative, magic posts decrease the amount of sap you use in a spell if you own that outpost, ect. Crafting plans unique to each outpost, theres so much that can be done you dont need me spelling it out for you.

erm i think thats about all i need to rant at
Old March 3rd, 2007, 04:29 AM   #5
sprite

"One OP battle every x hours" - removes any kind of tactical declarations, often gets blamed on one side when both sides do it all the time; pretty pointless and rediculously open to exploitation.
"Faction balancing mechanism" - erm, what? Since when did they devs ever intend the factions to be artificially balanced? Kinda defeats the point of free choice for players...
"GvG" - its been done to death. GvG OPs are bad mkay, so is restricted attendance

Also, OPs aren't FvF, they're AvA. Case in point: Kara on both sides of battles.
Remember kids, IOWIYAFOO!
Old March 3rd, 2007, 04:53 AM   #6
mentloid

My 2 cents, and I know I'm not terribly vocal here...

If you simply want to stop counter declarations, then don't declare in the first place. Accept the fact that in war, offenses are often met with a counter offense.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM   #7
mrshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtarsia
How about making it so that only 1 OP battle may occur every 6 hours (on a global Basis)

Simple, easy, will stop a load of arguments too. (tho not all)

Not a good plan.

It is an idea that is rife for abuse. Simply, one guild or side can hold off any attacks simply by being the first to hit the buzzer.

Quote:
First off exp crystals, DUH whoever thought of that should be shot "lets give people who own outposts double exp so they get to lvl 250 faster and get bored and leave" genius.

Exactly. cats are a very bad reward. I kinda dig your suggestions for rewards, Kye.

Quote:
Next point, Fraction vrs Fraction is stupid!!!!! Make it guild vrs guild, also hows this for a slice of fried gold, tryker guilds can only attack tryker outposts! ect

We have argued GvG to death, and found it wanting. No one can seriously have been following the conversations on the subject and still think GvG is a better way to go.

And what is a tryker guild? Last I checked, a guild can have any race as a member. What would you consider a tryker guild? One that has a GH in Fairhaven? One that has declaired for the tryker civ? Both of those are pretty easy to change. Not a good idea, when you think it through.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 01:02 PM   #8
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite
"Faction balancing mechanism" - erm, what?
first thing poped in mind was spires. but i dont agree that it's too late to implement them. perfect timing... homins are used to spill homins blood already and spires would bring more enjoyment to game for lot of ppl.

hehe, but what do i know :-)
Old March 3rd, 2007, 01:10 PM   #9
thlau

So I see no one knows what I am talking about, before I give my faction balancing mechanism a name.

I speak about Spires. And I speak about balancing because the side that has more spires, would leave them more vulnarable.

I don't think that they would do any good if they would come now, but they would have maybe if we had them since last years beginning. Many accused Spires would destroy the community, in my opinion the fact we don't have Spires will ruin the remains of community.

What will everybody do when one side checkmate the oponent? Everybody collects hiss chess pieces and goes home.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:30 PM   #10
sprite

Spires are hardly a balancing mechanism... They're either a "winning mechanism" or just another aspect to the fight, depending on how you approach them. If you see them as a balancer I think you'll be sorely disappointed when they come out, unless they drastically change them from the description we've got so far.
Remember kids, IOWIYAFOO!
Closed Thread