Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Guilds
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 27th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #1
nephy13

List of Guilds (Updated)

Guilds on Cho shard
Please reply to this post to be added to the list. However, please do not supply details if you are not one of the leaders of the guild in question, since the information might not be correct (or complete) or that guild may not wish to be listed here. For those players that prefer this information in-game, I maintain Babylon Freeport which is a Ryzom Ring scenario which contains NPCs that represent individual guilds. The Ryzom wiki also contains a list of guilds from all Ryzom shards, with more extensive details. Elsewhere, you can find a list of which Outposts are controlled by which guilds.

The guild format used is: "Guild name, with web- or thread-link (Leader/contacts, with forum PM link) Racial alignment [/ For race-neutrals that request it, base-of-operations] - [style of play,] [any other information]".

KamiKaravan
  • Celestial Knights (Raife, Sins, Ravyn) Matis - Currently only recruiting in Matis homeland
  • Night Hawks (Norbdrakon) Neutral - Russian language
  • Refugees United (Tyk, Kodori, Parrish) Tryker
  • Sentinals (Liloo, Jharek, Mokdarion) Matis
Neutral
  • DivA (Eriu, Dah, Ashling) Fyros - "Divine Artistes"
  • Jade Wardens (Shiftshade) Zoraï - Semi-RP
  • The Templars of Atys (Faelynn, Samael) - Neutral
Alliances
  • <none>
Guilds known of, but with no reliable information about them
Please could the leaders of these guilds provide me with full/confirmed information.
  • Dyron Swim Team (?) Fyros?
Disbanded (?)
If anyone knows that any of these guilds is in any way active, or have been reactivated, then please tell me as soon as possible.
  • Artisan Alliance of Atys (Jocker) Neutral - Karavan aligned for teleporters
  • The Blackwater Buccaneers (Gwillim) Tryker - High RP (Suspended by founder due to lack of active members)
  • Divine Indignation (Anglio, Wuchi) Neutral - High RP (Founder left and guild became inactive)
  • Dragoons of Jena (Razgriz, Soulcrye) Matis
  • Moonblade Order (Bomont, Mashed, Morstang, Quova) Neutral/Fairhaven - Semi-RP
  • Nightsong (Rayn) Neutral - High RP (Founder returned to Arispotle and guild became inactive)
  • Pegasus Foundation II (Xyld, Garama, Heavyn, Osric) Matis (Moved back to Arispotle)
Style of Play
  • Role-playing stance
    • High RP: Serious role-playing group.
    • Semi-RP: Encourages role-playing, though it is optional for members.
    • Otherwise: No role-playing at all.
(This list took over from Final's guild list - Thanks for your work keeping this updated so far!)

Last edited by nephy13 : February 3rd, 2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Disbanded Moonblade Order...
nephy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #2
nephy13

Re: List of Guilds (Updated) - Please sticky!

OK, I've made some changes to the way in which the guilds are laid out (since I took over the thread). If I've introduced any errors, then please correct me!

I've changed the guild name The Divine Council of Pyr to The Divinity Council of Pyr, since the former is the guild's name on Arispotle, the latter the one they actually use on Cho.

I'd like to consider expanding the level of information on this thread. I'm considering "Has guildhall", "number of outposts held", "approx number of members" (say 0-20, 21-50, 51-100, 100-200 or 200+), "homeland" (for race-neutral guilds), "PVE/PVE-PVP/PVP focus", "Never/sometimes/extensively uses the Ryzom Ring", "A descriptive sentance provided by the guild", "Also on Arispotle". Any comments or further suggestions?

I am commited to promoting small guilds, who find it harder to recruit in-game. I'd really like to be able to post some of the less well-known guilds here, so please, if you see a guild in-game, that you don't see here, please ask their leaders to submit their information.

Last edited by nephy13 : December 14th, 2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old November 28th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #3
larwood

Buckwheat is the leader of Defenders of Kami, not marbod
larwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #4
totnkopf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephy13
I'd like to consider expanding the level of information on this thread. I'm considering "Has guildhall", "number of outposts held", "approx number of members" (say 0-20, 21-50, 51-100, 100-200 or 200+), "homeland" (for race-neutral guilds), "PVE/PVE-PVP/PVP focus", "Never/sometimes/extensively uses the Ryzom Ring", "A descriptive sentance provided by the guild", "Also on Arispotle". Any comments or further suggestions?.
While more info is good, adding all that would make browsing the list a nightmare. it'd be so crammed with text and tidbits that it generally would be hard to read.
Any guild that thats on cho has the ability to post a thread to descibe their guild and appeal themselves to new players. I think it'd be best to simply have a link after the guild name that would direct players to that post. That way it keeps the list simple and clean, but also makes getting new info really simple
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:21 PM   #5
nephy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by larwood
Buckwheat is the leader of Defenders of Kami, not marbod
Oops! That was just the info I inherited. I've updated now.

*edit*I wasn't clear of whether marbod should be still in the contacts list, or whether Buckwheat was sole leader. I left him in for now, but after Buckwheat.
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #6
nephy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by totnkopf
While more info is good, adding all that would make browsing the list a nightmare. it'd be so crammed with text and tidbits that it generally would be hard to read.
Good point, though I hope the improved layout of the information (e.g. bullets) is already helping to make it clearer. Hehe! Maybe it isn't a good plan to, as soon as it is made clearer, to make it less so by adding more info. Still, I think a bit more info wouldn't hurt, but, as you say, not all of what I mused over.

Quote:
Any guild that thats on cho has the ability to post a thread to descibe their guild and appeal themselves to new players. I think it'd be best to simply have a link after the guild name that would direct players to that post. That way it keeps the list simple and clean, but also makes getting new info really simple
Yes, I have linked to the guild-thread if there is one, but only if there wasn't a website address given. Having an extra link there, as you suggest, might not be a bad plan.
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #7
larwood

good work on the thread. it will be good to have someone running it that wants to keep it updated and understandable.

Props to nephy13
larwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 10:10 PM   #8
d29565

You can take Serenity off of the list. I believe it was a guild I saw running around on Arispotle, not Cho. My bad. I've edited my post on the OP thread as well.
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #9
nephy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephy13
I'd like to consider expanding the level of information on this thread. I'm considering "Has guildhall", "number of outposts held", "approx number of members" (say 0-20, 21-50, 51-100, 100-200 or 200+), "homeland" (for race-neutral guilds), "PVE/PVE-PVP/PVP focus", "Never/sometimes/extensively uses the Ryzom Ring", "A descriptive sentance provided by the guild", "Also on Arispotle". Any comments or further suggestions?
Quote:
OK. I've decided to add a couple of the pieces of info, though avoided anything that will overly bulk out the individual guild descriptions: PVE/PVP focus, Ryzom Ring usage and base-of-operations for neutral guilds. I've abbreviated some information to save room, but added a key at the bottom so that newbies (for whom this list is primarily for) are not confused.
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:19 AM   #10
whatleyj

Talking Re: List of Guilds (Updated) - Please sticky!

Atysians Against Acronyms (AAA)

GL- Furios
HO- Dontpanic

neutral race and faction currently.
FYI website OTW.
whatleyj is offline   Reply With Quote