Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #1
tigrus

Escalation of the war(S)?

Maybe its time to escalate the wars?

Factional ones especially. To prepare for spires.

Maybe the ability to send out NPC fighters patrolling the lands?
Karavan and kami groups of fighters patrolling the land.

Give factional POINTS by killing them, and SF fighters. (must be tagged to kill the faction NPCs and players, this to avoid dragging the PVE'ers into it unvoluntary. If your not tagged, the NPCs doesnt attack you).

The faction points can be used too:
- Buy craftable factional armor plans. (no difference in stats, just looks)
- Buy craftable factional weapon plans. (no difference in stats, just looks)
- Buy craftable fortifications to the faction bases mentioned longer down in this post.
- Create a factional ranking system, with different titles on the different steps of it. Including a way to now get the kami and karavan champion title.
- Reinstate the HP, sap, stam, speed, invuln eggs you gave out at Christmas, and make them buyable for faction points. This will also give a chance for alot of people to maybe do some things easier, due to the *SOMETIMES* hard time to get groups. And I know myself and several others really enjoyed the idea of those eggs.
-Create different OP SIMILAR mats that can be bought for factional points.
- Different picks, crafter tools, etc that can be traded. So that the PvPers can help out the PvE'rs in their guilds. Hence the fact that SOME pvp, then is a bonus for the entire community.

*Create different levels of faction NPCs giving different faction point rewards.
*Create factional bosses. Generals of the army's of Jena. Kami minions.
*Create factional lairs. Play with the thought, imagine being able to bring 10-40 kami fighters and storming the Stronghold of the karavan in the outskirts of yrkanis. (maybe similar system as the arena just factional?)
And vice versa in The Imperial Dunes.
*Give crafters the ability to craft for the NPC troopers in return for faction points*
*Faction Crafter Titles* Karavan engineer/Kami engineer. Karavan Armor Provider/Kami Armor Provider. Personal Protection Officer(for armorsmiths) (just suggestions)

Please discuss this in a civilised way. As ive tried to be serious here.

Last edited by tigrus : April 5th, 2007 at 10:05 PM.
tigrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #2
japamala

Re: Escalation of the war(S)?

I fully agree with you on this one.

I wanna buy the Kara stuff!
japamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM   #3
tr808

I agree with this, it seems time for a big change on Atys.
tr808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #4
xtarsia

also.. fully agree!! except, Jungle is the most Kami land ;P

Long live the jungle!
Old April 5th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #5
zanthar

I have to agree with ya on this Tigrus! It could be great fun and would give me a reason to tag up! Also every one in game that is aligned could participate if there were different lvl npcs! The only ones left out would be neutrals though but hey being factionally aligned should have some perks! I think every land should have a major "base" and then smaller Outpost bases, nothing to do with the OP's that are out now in anyway ofc.
zanthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #6
mrshad

This would be fun.
mrshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #7
arfindel

Good suggestions, Sunce, pvp should be for fun and RPwise for honour. Encouraging flagged pvp and factional pve would release a lot of tension and would create content by itself. Would also create a frame for player factional events.

Some delicate systems to control grinding would help of course.
arfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #8
zanthar

Oh just thought of some stuff that factioned PVEr's could do as well! Diggers and crafters could work for plans for upgrading the bases defenses. They could provide weapons and armor for the npc troops to get plans for fortifications and factional weapons and armor ofc the weapons and armor would be just new skins so balance was maintained or they could be better weapons and armor too! In either case the plans should be made such that only a player of that faction could use that factions plans and subsiquently the same should go for weapons and armor too. This would give players something to work for! There should also be titles for these players too like High engineer for karavan or something like that!
zanthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM   #9
tigrus

Il edit some of your points into the main post Zna
tigrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 10:32 PM   #10
dcrispo

Good overall plan and since the rebel/imperial battles and setup worked so well in SWG its not a bad way to extend it to Kami/Kara factions here in ryzom.
However, I do question the fact that both factions are supposed to be ulimately trying to restore Atys, even though their views on how to do so differ, won't this increased hostility between factions deter from that goal and weaken both sides in the event of a renewed kitin incursion?
dcrispo is offline   Reply With Quote