Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 8th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #1
ffxjosh

In need of somthing Old school?

Although this thread is mainly aimed at older players, it would be interesting to see what everyone else would like.

Okay so here goes;

If you can choose one thing to bring into ryzom that was either in beta or was discussed but never implemented, what would it be?

the chances that they will bring this into the current game are nigh impossible, but it's just to satisfy my curiosity.

This can be an animation, an old picture, a rumour or anything else you remember seeing an thinking well that would be nice!

EDIT: and if you dont think we need anything. say so as well!

The First Homin to win the Shield of Presteige

Created theRyzom mooning and the Naughty Spriteh Videos

ffxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #2
arfindel

Re: In need of somthing Old school?

I am not _that_ old but I have seen screenies and movies of the old days adn I'd love to see old beta unimplemented healing animations. Healers have already pretty slow advance, upgrades come at larger times than elementals so some more variation in animations would be great to have.
arfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #3
forever

In early beta there was talk about pets, don't know if it got much past the planning stage but it would be nice to have it in game.
forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #4
kuroari

In Beta we were promised a 7-8 year journey between the developers and the players - with each shard growing in it's own seperate ways - the coming of Jena-duk to enslave us all, the arising of Ma-duk (wearing his bib, of course) to eat us all, and the Great Unknown.. the Dragon!

but, it seems Ma-duk has misplaced his Bib, Jena-duk can't find her purse and her hair isnt _JUST RIGHT_ yet, and the dragon got one of his spines stuck in the cliff and is trying to wiggle his way free - all to no avail, i'm afraid :/

-i want all that to happen!

Nightblade
Old April 8th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #5
meloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroari
In Beta we were promised a 7-8 year journey between the developers and the players - with each shard growing in it's own seperate ways - the coming of Jena-duk to enslave us all, the arising of Ma-duk (wearing his bib, of course) to eat us all, and the Great Unknown.. the Dragon!

but, it seems Ma-duk has misplaced his Bib, Jena-duk can't find her purse and her hair isnt _JUST RIGHT_ yet, and the dragon got one of his spines stuck in the cliff and is trying to wiggle his way free - all to no avail, i'm afraid :/

-i want all that to happen!

Seconded, thirded and fourthed ! ! I want to "move on"
meloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 06:27 PM   #6
acridiel

I agree with that.

Would ne lovely to see some of the early dreams become fulfilled.

Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #7
jamela

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxjosh
If you can choose one thing to bring into ryzom that was either in beta or was discussed but never implemented, what would it be?
I don't think it quite meets your criteria, but the selling point which engaged me more than any other, was that the players would mould the world we played in. In fact that promise has had some realization, for some very small, but significant in one case at least, parts. I hoped for more, and I believe that more was intended.

Tribes were supposed to be another of the prime influences in the Saga. I think they've been entirely ignored since release, except for their necessary factor in the Fame revamp more than a year ago. I'd wish for them to play a greater part in players' lives, and influence upon the server.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 06:55 PM   #8
stijn

I wanne see the Raid engine in action more often... invasions, invasions, invasions!!! Remember the invasion in jan 2005? Needed a lot of tweaking, but was very, very great fun (even as a noob I was at that time )
stijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 08:45 PM   #9
targosz

Avatars getting old and ability to pass some of features for new born children - that was someting awesome.
And what about goverments ruled by players, guilds ?

*comes back to dreaming *
targosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #10
sebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxjosh
Although this thread is mainly aimed at older players, it would be interesting to see what everyone else would like.

Okay so here goes;

the chances that they will bring this into the current game are nigh impossible, but it's just to satisfy my curiosity.

This can be an animation, an old picture, a rumour or anything else you remember seeing an thinking well that would be nice!

EDIT: and if you dont think we need anything. say so as well!

aaaahh .... Beta .. the good times and fun times..

After thinking about this for a very long time, there is just one thing i think i would like to see..... and that is the game to play as it did befor patch #1

And if you ask why patch #1, i say it is because i lost so many freinds cause of this patch.
sebron is offline   Reply With Quote