Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Bazaar
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is the best thing to use as universal substitute for bartering?
Dappers 16 43.24%
Cats q250 6 16.22%
Cats q200 2 5.41%
Cats q150 2 5.41%
Cats q100 1 2.70%
Cats q50 1 2.70%
Grind mats q200 15 40.54%
Grind mats q100-200 4 10.81%
Certain kind of boss mats which is very hard to come by and not useful in craft 5 13.51%
Other (please elaborate in your post) 3 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 26th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #1
komissar

Atysian market research

Hey mates,

I would like to study Atysian economy a bit and conduct some economical research to have a better understanding of Atysian market

I really hope that you can help me with this undertaking

I would ask each poster in this thread to place a vote in the poll and also answer the following questions:

1. What Atysian commodity you would name most valuable (for you)
what would be the highest price you could buy it for?
2. What is the kind of item you need most often and how much would
you pay for it if it were available in constant supply (payment in dappers)?
3. What could you offer when bartering? (not dapper)
4. What is the highest price you would pay for a stack of q250 cats?
5. What is the highest price you would offer for grind mats q200? (dapper or other)
6. What is the highest price you would pay for a set of q250 HQ armor with decent characteristics (HA and LA)
7. Which LA do you use more often (and need a spare for) Focus or HP?
8. What is the highest price you would pay for a q250 HQ weapon (decent stats)?
9. What is the highest price you would pay for 50 250q boss mats (those really useful for crafting and not some junk)
10. Do you think it is possible to make dapper really play the role it was intended for? (and if yes - how)
11. Do you lack markets, travelling traders or other trading institutions (or it's ok as it is)?
12. What crafts you have mastered and which ones you are levelling?
13. And last but not least: would you barter or trade witha member of opposite faction? (if you are not neutral that is)

Thanks to everyone in advance. I hope we will all be able to benefit from this research. It's not as cool as Zorai pictograms but it's still science of sorts

/Salute karas kamis and neutrals alike

"A fond memory" of the "Order of the Nameless"
Matisian Botanist: "Complete Atlas of Atysian Flora (work in progress)"
Devoted Scholar of the "Zorai pictograms" "Zorai pictographic Signatures on demand"
Author of "The Kitin Scriptures" "The Kitin Scriptures WEBCOMIC!!!"
"Яussians may die - but never give up!"

komissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #2
mugendo

Re: Atysian market research

Voted Dappers, the barter system is fine for everyone who knows the value of items, But a stable currency such as the dapper is needed as a 'base line' to work from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komissar

My most needed commodity is Dappers, I need it for any of the game mechanic purchases..... such as Mektoub, apartment, Teleport pact tickets...etc..

At the moment I am self sufficient because I am keeping my skills close together, At higher levels I know It is not realistic to be fully self sufficient, For payment I hope to use my barter skills to complement my Dapper payment

I don't have many possesions to barter, but I do have knowledge, that will always be in demand, and of course I can heal

If I had the ability to buy every cat in Ryzom I would, and then destroy them all....

5. What is the highest price you would offer for grind mats q200? (dapper or other)
refuse to answer because it will effect my barter ingame

6. What is the highest price you would pay for a set of q250 HQ armor with decent characteristics (HA and LA)

I wear Zorai LA with Focus mainly

9. What is the highest price you would pay for 50 250q boss mats (those really useful for crafting and not some junk)

10. Do you think it is possible to make dapper really play the role it was intended for? (and if yes - how)
The Dapper can be used as currency if GF put some effort into the economy, everything is in place becuase the players rely on one another......but then we get missions that give way too many dappers, and the limited dapper sinks to take the currency back out is not fully implemented....pay rent on apartments/guildhalls would help to bring the dapper back into favour

11. Do you lack markets, travelling traders or other trading institutions (or it's ok as it is)?
There are places to buy and sell crafted products, these can be improved...but again the basic system is in place and all I would ask for is some form of advertising to be implemented for the player to use

Mastered none so far, still changing from one to another as my mood dictates.....but I do like range crafting

13. And last but not least: would you barter or trade witha member of opposite faction? (if you are not neutral that is)
I will deal with a rabid Gingo if there is profit in it

mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 08:19 AM   #3
ffxjosh

Quote:
Hey mates,

I would like to study Atysian economy a bit and conduct some economical research to have a better understanding of Atysian market

I really hope that you can help me with this undertaking

I would ask each poster in this thread to place a vote in the poll and also answer the following questions:

I buy more Picks than anything... They are without a doubt the thing i need most, bu i guess you ment crafted items. Its tough to say, theres no point in me having nice HA if ive only got amps, running about with a sword in LA is also not a good idea...
Again - picks, id pay 100K for one without thinking.
I can offer fine/ basic and choice desert Q250 mats, dapper, exchange for grind Q250 HA or shields.
In dapper? 2 million, in mats; 300.
4K a mat
Dapper: La = 2 million HA = 5 million Mats: Twice the amount of mats used to make them.

7. Which LA do you use more often (and need a spare for) Focus or HP? Focus more than HP atm, i have a boosted set and a normal set
8. What is the highest price you would pay for a q250 HQ weapon (decent stats)? In dapper; 5 million, Mats; 1K
I seriously have no idea. alot. say 5K+ mats easy
Yup, they need to be more clever with it, decrease the buying power of NPC's increase the cost of some items (tools / tp's) by 10 fold, Have up going costs for things like packers kept in stables, GH's, Apartments, (like 1 million for every 10 days you are ig for). Make higher Q items avaible on merchants that are crafted by the NPC, like Q250 choice LA, not found CONSTANTLY, but say 3 sets a day or somthing. Upgoing charge for keeping your items held by merchants. have a system wher you can be charged for adveritising items.
11. Do you lack markets, travelling traders or other trading institutions (or it's ok as it is)? The system does need imporving, but how to do it efficiently, i dont know.
Im working on HA and shields atm (crftable to Q250, tho only 20%) next up would be LA, then a weapson i guess.
13. And last but not least: would you barter or trade witha member of opposite faction? (if you are not neutral that is) Does it really matter what faction someone is? surly by refusing to sell to one faction you are only harming yourself.

Thanks to everyone in advance. I hope we will all be able to benefit from this research. It's not as cool as Zorai pictograms but it's still science of sorts

/Salute karas kamis and neutrals alike

It'll be interesting to see the final results.

The First Homin to win the Shield of Presteige

Created theRyzom mooning and the Naughty Spriteh Videos

ffxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #4
komissar

Thanks a lot to those posting.

I would ask others to post aswell (not just poll options) This is done for everybody's profit after all - an open reseatch

Those chosing option 10 (other) in the poll, please elaborate, what kind of "other" you mean exactly.

To moderators: Maybe this thread should be moved into "general" section? after all it's a research on the game not a barter offer. I agree it was unthoughtful of me to post it here in the first place

"A fond memory" of the "Order of the Nameless"
Matisian Botanist: "Complete Atlas of Atysian Flora (work in progress)"
Devoted Scholar of the "Zorai pictograms" "Zorai pictographic Signatures on demand"
Author of "The Kitin Scriptures" "The Kitin Scriptures WEBCOMIC!!!"
"Яussians may die - but never give up!"

komissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #5
zepth071

Quote:

Mats :s Dappers are second in line though. Mats mainly to grind craft some things and then the daps to hire others like EFD to dig the mats that I'm too damn lazy to dig. As for the price, well... I don't know heh...

Materials! More and more materials! T_T But I guess when I'm done crafting all the things I want to, XP Cats are second. Price? Unknown :s

Boss mats, grind mats, my services to dig, OOT healing with Jekan and I. I think that's it...

I really don't know... I get them as gratitude from Homins. But probably 300 mats? Maybe 400?

mmm.... a stack to me, I'd offer 1 million? I don't know, I really don't have a set price I'm willing to pay. Just whatever sounds coo.

Well, I get mine from Aajolea and Braveganzar. They charge probably around a million daps for a set? Please correct me if I'm wrong Aaj/Ganzar

HP :s

Not there yet. Can't answer it.

Don't know... I usually get these as gratuity as well. Maybe... 10 million?

I think it already has. Dappers are in demand a lot (or from what I see and who I meet). Just the price of mats on the market and starting an OP battle is huge daps. Those that run though it like water and can afford it... I envy you.

The way I trade with everyone is great

None. Jewerly, Shield, Range.

Ofcourse not! I would never! *sneaks all the Karavan a PM asking for a trade*

My message is too short!? Blahhhhh
zepth071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #6
stelf

I voted for Q50 cats, but then I would wouldn't I
stelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #7
ajsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelf
I voted for Q50 cats, but then I would wouldn't I
LOL *hugs Thom*
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 06:36 PM   #8
sprite

Where's the q250 grind mats option?
Remember kids, IOWIYAFOO!
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #9
tylarth

q270 boss mats, spent 1 mil dappers for them each (or equiv)

q250 mats, for craft grind, up to 10k dappers each.

Whole variety of items, Cats or rarer mats.

have paid upto 1 million dappers before, never mats, 'thou i wouldn't now (no need too)

Probably 10k dappers.thou would filter for 5k if specifically for q200 grind

1mil LA, 2mil MA, 4 mil HA. as thats what i charge.

HP, is a 5:1 ratio roughly for me

Nothing, i'd provide the materials, for selling upto 5mil depending on sup content.

1 million+ dappers each if really desired ones

I use and have used dappers for trade for 2 years

lacking a permenant store/shop for low frequency selling items. no lack of customers tho.

Mastered all craft trees and plans (not all branches 250 mind you)

Yes, about 10 orders a week come from 'opposed' sources.
tylarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:38 AM   #10
jared96

Hard to say. Almost everything I have was a gift.

When something wears out, I ask around for a replacement offering "name your price". Again most comes as gift, worse case, I dig what's required.

Hard to say when everyone refuses payment or I dig my own mats.

Would not buy.

Would rather dig myself or buy from vendor, will go 5-6k

6. What is the highest price you would pay for a set of q250 HQ armor with decent characteristics (HA and LA) .

I make 250 HA and give away grind sets. Sup sets are BYOM.

Well a slogic would dicate, I use HP when fighting and focus while digging.

All I have were either gifts or I collccted mats for.

Never thought about it. Someone selling boss mats ? I'm listening .

Yes....npc mats at all QL

No.

HA...right now have lost interest in that grind.

13. And last but not least: would you barter or trade with a member of opposite faction? (if you are not neutral that is)

I ignore factions.
jared96 is offline   Reply With Quote