Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 29th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #1
jared96

Who Knitted Raj the Fuzzy Slippers ?

Ok this is intended as a "tongue in cheek" thread about all the things in Ryzom that drive ya nuts but are fun at the same time.....please keep it light.....not intended for "real issues", PvP / No PvP discssions or whining in general .

OK....So who did knit Raj the fuzzy slippers....and is he using Kami or Kara TP's to follow me around ?

Whenever I sit in US and dig I can hear little yelkies scampering along with their "thud thud thud" footsteps, the meks with their "flop flop flop" and just about anything else (kitin and their various click click clicks) that tries to sneak up behind me but that BFAB (Big Fat Arse Barney*) sneaks up right behind me and the 1st sound I hear is a whack on my head, the 2nd sound I hear is usually the death music. Who the heck knitted him little fuzzy booties so that he can walk around silently and not be heard while things 1/10th his size make an infernal racket when they walk ?

* Barney = Vorax cause they remind me of Barney the Dinosaur except I don't dislike Vorax anywhere near as much as Barney.

And another thing.....I just left his fat, purple, silent arse over in Sunken City where he kept chasin me off the tama.....now I tp'd over to US and he hassling me there too. Which one of these stinkin "gods" is givin Raj TP's ? And Lector too ? And.....Ahhhh, poop, I forgot the other "traveling named mob".
jared96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #2
riveit

Re: Who Knitted Raj the Fuzzy Slippers ?

There are lots of named mobs that get around. For example, Wyac, Norse, and Wikkah can be found in two regions also.

Rippa is in 3 regions at least.
riveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM   #3
sehracii

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveit
There are lots of named mobs that get around. For example, Wyac, Norse, and Wikkah can be found in two regions also.

Wyac makes his way to 3 as well.
sehracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #4
jamela

You're on edge, tiptoeing your way between torbaks and cuttlers all pretending to doze off their last meal. You find some small open space thinking you can relax for a second, just as a herd of gnoofs pop-ambushes all around you and they all look at you as if they're crying "Mummy!", clustering close so you can't see a thing anymore . Dinnertime!
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 12:59 AM   #5
d29565

You're casually digging on the same fiber spot you've been digging on in GoC for over a year, dig dig..dig dig. Such a safe fiber spot, only an occasional yelk pulled cuttler to worry about. Dig dig, dig dig.

WACK! Okay, ow. You glance in your system info...Vispa? WTF?? Death music sounds as you shout out in region, "Okay, who moved Vispa's path? Since when has he come visiting on the Shu fiber?!"

Joy.
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:21 AM   #6
forever

Good Kitty

Vispa spawns around the Kami TP and walks though the fiber spot before getting to her normal prowling grounds.

Sorry, she does tend to play a little rough.
forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #7
sprite

Ok you got me, I learnt knitting during the holidays and gave the slippers as a gift to my dear friend Raj so he could play with people while I can't
Remember kids, IOWIYAFOO!
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #8
jared96

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveit

Don't neeed an explanation for LoC, FD and SC as you can walk to any one of them from the other w/o tp'ing or going thru portal. UnderSpring <--> Wastelands however no way to go between without going above ground or TP'ing.

Never could figure what Rippa and Wikah were doing in Abyss of Ichor as I thot that was a red zone and IIRC they are 260 mobs.
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #9
jared96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamela
You're on edge, tiptoeing your way between torbaks and cuttlers all pretending to doze off their last meal. You find some small open space thinking you can relax for a second, just as a herd of gnoofs pop-ambushes all around you and they all look at you as if they're crying "Mummy!", clustering close so you can't see a thing anymore . Dinnertime!

Or you're on Glue in SC, sup finally pops, you jump on it and then 24 lumpers and yelks spawn who go out and bring bunch of Barneys back to you. One night, after getting 40 sups, got chased off....came back and counted 17 barneys within striking distance of Glue node.....looked like lions and christians in the colliseum.
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #10
jared96

And why is it that the game AI recognizes what mats you have in your apartment and when you finally get a shot at [insert name of he mob whose 1 mat ya still need], he only seem to drop the one part you don't need or want.

And why is it that you can sneak between the wall and that bandit camp 99/100 times but when you get wiped, take the "death train" to TP or portal, and try and sneak by to rez ya teamates with just 20% of ya HP regenned, THAT is the time they see ya and start shooting you.

And why is it that I can do 100 pulls in a row watching stability bar go down at a pretty consistent rate and then as soon as I put cursor in chat box and hit character keys, stability goes in toilet ? Anyone know how to make a macro that adds "I'm dead" at the end of everything I type in a chat box ?

Ever notice when you type in the forums, you find yaself reaching for the mouse instead of arrow keys to move cursor forward / back cause that's the way it works in chat ?