Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 4th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #1
tigrus

Community Contest

Starting off, this is a forum contest. ALL Contributions will be posted here on these forums, in this thread.

The winner will receive 10 million dappers ingame, and 5 stacks of 250 cats, 5 stacks of 200 cats, 5 stacks of 150 cats.
AND, *IF* the person has paypal, enough money to cover one month of free playing, IE: 15 USD. (will be sent by me)

Here is the contest rules:

Write a short story, minimum 2 computer pages long (type size 14, and line distance 1.5). With the title of: What Ryzom is to me. OR What Ryzom means to me.

In here you have free artistical liberty to write whatever YOU think suits the title.

I will have a few people judging the short stories and come with their opinion on it, these people including Marjo (if she wants to of course)

Time limit is 2 weeks from Today. So Sunday the 17th of June

Have fun everyone, and I love this community.
Yours truly.
Sun Ce

Last edited by tigrus : June 4th, 2007 at 12:59 AM.
tigrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 04:33 AM   #2
beaut666

Re: Community Contest

VERY cool! *gets out keyboard and empty text file*
Beau

Beau (Arispotle Server)
beaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 06:45 AM   #3
vguerin

I will add Quadruple Sunce's Q250 cat's contribution (20 stacks) & Match Dappers (10 Million) for a chance to be on this board. I would also contribute a one month paypal sub to allow more for the second prize.

Admittedly, I am looking for someone slightly different than Sunce may have in his plan. My voting would be more towards old timers, not necessarily the fanboys and certainly not folks with less than a year of Ryzom... but the fans of SoR, with the "Saga" and all that has come and can be...

Once, some beta testers saw a great vision of a game.... and our game has changed quite a bit, friends, server, support team lost... Yet, like me your still subbing monthly.

SUBJECT:
What Ryzom is to me. OR What Ryzom means to me.

This info would bring me to dig into my pockets, packers and apartment to award folks (Within Sunce's plan)... Our community is rooted in the people, regardless their faction or gamestyle... these are my SoRmates !

Not trying to steal the Tiger's plan, only enhance it and hope to inspire folks that have had a long term game investment speak more.
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:01 AM   #4
tigrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
I will add Quadruple Sunce's Q250 cat's contribution (20 stacks) & Match Dappers (10 Million) for a chance to be on this board. I would also contribute a one month paypal sub to allow more for the second prize.

Admittedly, I am looking for someone slightly different than Sunce may have in his plan. My voting would be more towards old timers, not necessarily the fanboys and certainly not folks with less than a year of Ryzom... but the fans of SoR, with the "Saga" and all that has come and can be...

Once, some beta testers saw a great vision of a game.... and our game has changed quite a bit, friends, server, support team lost... Yet, like me your still subbing monthly.

SUBJECT:
What Ryzom is to me. OR What Ryzom means to me.

This info would bring me to dig into my pockets, packers and apartment to award folks (Within Sunce's plan)... Our community is rooted in the people, regardless their faction or gamestyle... these are my SoRmates !

Not trying to steal the Tiger's plan, only enhance it and hope to inspire folks that have had a long term game investment speak more.

Thats simply awesome DT, Would be awesome if you could PM me exactly what you wanted in your part of it (its 7 AM here, and im tired so it was a bit hard to know). And il update the main post.
/hi5 DoubleTap
Old June 4th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #5
meloner

hmm why 2 computer pages long ? I feel like im back in school writing an essay !

if the words are "strong" enough to express what one's feelings are about the game text lenght is not entirely necessary imo.
meloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #6
kyesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloner
hmm why 2 computer pages long ? I feel like im back in school writing an essay !

if the words are "strong" enough to express what one's feelings are about the game text lenght is not entirely necessary imo.

More a limit i would expect, write the amount you feel is needed
kyesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #7
ghostkpt

OOC: Thanks for the nice idea Sunce Here goes my little experiment. the 2page long format came quite naturally tbh But sorry for the pompous style I am an RP player after all so don't judge me too hard \\OOC

What is Ryzom to me
(by Trader)

The magic sap of Atys… I think I feel it in my veins, pulsing in the rhythm of my heart, getting to every little cell of my body, to the very core of my essence. I close my eyes and my spirit soars above the vast grassy plains of the void, the lush greenery of matisian woods, the burning sand of fyros deserts, the shining lakes of blessed trykoth… So many times in my sleep I have been walking it’s many paths, avoiding it’s many dangers, embracing my numerous friends, feeling at home, feeling right there were I belong.

The beauty of this place. Those French-born “higher powers” knew exactly right what they were doing. The change of seasons: the rain in zorai jungle, whispering in the bamboo leaves, the snowflakes slowly descending upon the sleeping cherry-blossom trees of the Verdant hights. And then in spring these same trees virtually explode with a colorful multitude of flower petals. The flock of pink birds flies by, gracefully almost royally and the little yubos come closer to take a better look at this strange creature robed in dzao fiber fyros light sitting next to them in the grass, looking at the stars, at the giant moons of atysian sky.

The first year I saw Atys in my dreams, every single night. I yearned for it, sitting in the office, completing my daily tasks and I rushed to it once the working day was over. I reveled in the company of the intelligent good-natured people that inhabit it. I diligently collected it’s raw materials taking care to avoid the fangs and claws of those beasts that seem so very real to a little man dressed in forage Light Armor. I experimented with combinations, getting new recipes, mastering the high art of atysian crafters. I took part in Outpost conflicts feeling the intense energies of battle, the hype, the excitement of healing your friends to the very last. The joy of victory, the sadness of defeat. I did all that and I never stopped to wonder at the richness, the diversity, the completeness and ultimately – the pull that this wonderful world has upon me.

What is Ryzom to me? A home, a peaceful retreat from everyday toil, a family of close friends. An inspiration, a living beauty the like of which is hard to come buy in real world. A mission, a duty, a path that I proudly follow. But still the image is far from complete…

Atysian proverb says: They all return. Sooner or later they all do, and when we say good bye on the main forums we know. They will return. They will raise their children, reap their crops, draw up their contracts, tidy their houses and return. Because this force is too much to bear, to deep to root out and too enchanting to refuse.

Sometimes my real life dictates that I leave the beloved lands and every hour every day of being apart is like a torture, when I simply can’t think of nothing else. You may say that I am a wretched ailing soul, addicted to the virtual, choosing illusion instead of reality, and perhaps you are right. I have caught it the first time I set my foot on the trial island and it is just too damn hard to overcome. Such a sweet, such a pleasant disease. Just like love.

I must be a fool… But at least I am a fool in love. And the name of my love is… Ryzom.

Last edited by ghostkpt : June 4th, 2007 at 09:13 PM.
ghostkpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #8
meloner

*applause* i dont think im even going to bother posting now

well done Trader
meloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #9
tigrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloner
*applause* i dont think im even going to bother posting now

well done Trader

Go ahead and post mate.
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #10
tr808

Sorry to bash in but maybe i misread or something, new players are not included in this?
tr808 is offline   Reply With Quote