Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new policies?
It's hurting the community and the image of game. We must reinstall the old rules! 86 84.31%
Nah aggro dragging is ok as long as I am doing it 4 3.92%
I don't care - let me dig my node in peace 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 16th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #1
komissar

Change of Policies: aggro dragging, spawn camping etc...

Hey guys.

I want to address one subject that no doubt concerns us all - The new policies of OP warfare...

After a short period of turmoil GF has introduced new policies according to which:
1. no CSR has to attend an OP battle
2. Aggro dragging becomes a normal ploy (including drtagging aggro on foragers and in OP fights)
3. Spawn camping is allowed
4. False declarations on OPs (when not a single attacker shows up) are allowed.

Here is a screenie of my dialogue with Androbia (CSR) that proves that:
http://pechalno-kogda.pisem.net/screenshot023.jpg

This basicly means that the days of chivalrous and gentlemanly combat are coming to an end... Prohibiting things like those shown above was one of the reasons the fights stayed clean...

Now if we allow aggro dragging and spawn camping where will it lead us? It will only breed bad blood among the players, the political conflicts will degenerate into brawls and squabbling and the community will start to slowly deteriorate - some people pissed at others for what they have done a month ago etc...

this is not a part of kami\kara conflict anymore - this concerns us all - kamis and karas and neutrals alike. The community is one thing that unites us all and makes our beloved game so special!

Now I think we as players can do something to change this, to oppose this even if you like.

It is pretty obvious that new owners - Gameforge listen to players when they vocally protest and that GF actually cares about the community and the game!

maybe this small mistake on their part was due to their lack of experience with MMORPgs, maybe they just wanted to make things better but it didn't work out...

I would ask everybody to share their views on the matter.
  • Would you accept the "new" atys with spawn camping, aggro dragging and false declares?

• Do you think it's ok to let things like this happen and help the community roll downhill taking the game with it?

• Do you care for the future of Ryzom?

• Would you want to see more of your friends and guildmates leaving game?
Then please share your thoughts here...

"A fond memory" of the "Order of the Nameless"
Matisian Botanist: "Complete Atlas of Atysian Flora (work in progress)"
Devoted Scholar of the "Zorai pictograms" "Zorai pictographic Signatures on demand"
Author of "The Kitin Scriptures" "The Kitin Scriptures WEBCOMIC!!!"
"Яussians may die - but never give up!"

komissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #2
teedee40

Re: Change of Policies: aggro dragging, spawn camping etc...

I agree with what has been said above

Whilst after reading the screenie, I understand why GF pulled the CSR out of OP battles, resolving the problem would have been much better than running away/hiding from it.

Pyrrah
teedee40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #3
balor

Myself and a lot of the players in my guild are really disappointed with GFs new policies on outpost battles. I'm beginning to wonder that outside the CSR how many people from GF know how much grief people sometimes cause at these events?

I get the impression that this is a knee jerk reaction rather than a well thought out approach by GF. Up until these new policies the CSR's involvement at outpost battles has been great from both faction's point of view. It has helped keep some players' anti-social behaviour from impinging on the fun of others.

I really hope GF do a lot more research on the outposts in the future before making these kind of operational changes.
balor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #4
danlufan

One thing i must note is they didnt ask us about any of this, they didnt ask for our imput as 'customers' or as 'game players'.

Also i must stress the reason this has come about and i 'will' name names is to do with (removed by self to stop any flame wars) Thanks yet again to those who believe they are helping when all they do is complain and cause more issuses.

GAMEFORGE this is a HUGE issue and needs to be sorted before you have a full scale account loss.

As a company i am dissapointed gameforge can be bullied into making such changes, and i didnt want to have a go but CSRs are partly to blame (some) for giving out their identity.

Last edited by danlufan : August 16th, 2007 at 11:43 AM.
danlufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #5
fiach

Quote:
Originally Posted by komissar
After a short period of turmoil GF has introduced new policies according to which:
1. no CSR has to attend an OP battle
2. Aggro dragging becomes a normal ploy (including drtagging aggro on foragers and in OP fights)
3. Spawn camping is allowed
4. False declarations on OPs (when not a single attacker shows up) are allowed.

1. After reading your screenie, I can understand that I guess, but anyway, its a war, who needs a referee?

2. It never happened to me here, but its a legit tactic in other PvP games, some classes have skills, where you can drag aggro to another player, use the skill "feign death" and the mob transfers its attention to the nearest player. So I have no opinion other than I would never do it, someone killed my packer by digging beside it on purpose, I was annoyed, but hey, its a MMO game, all different types of players in it, good and bad, you have to put up with wankers in game and in real life.

3. Was a victim of this at 2 OP's recently, but it was an OP *war*, I didn't like it, I would never do it, but see 2 above.

4. Had to get up in the middle of the night to attend one last week, if you think something is worth fighting for, you do it. Its an international game, someone will always get screwed at OP's whether its just a ploy or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komissar

I would ask everybody to share their views on the matter.
  • Would you accept the "new" atys with spawn camping, aggro dragging

• Do you think it's ok to let things like this happen and help the community roll downhill taking the game with it?

• Do you care for the future of Ryzom?

• Would you want to see more of your friends and guildmates leaving game?
Then please share your thoughts here...

Well I would prefer if it didn't happen, but I guess its up to the guilds to try to enforce a code of conduct for their members, so that their actions are a reflection of the guilds and should be dealt with accordingly, If I had a guild and a member did those things, I would kick them. I edited out false declares as I dont care about them, If I have to attend an OP, then I do, regardless of the reason.

I dont agree, but I think guilds should martial their members better and be more careful as to who they recruit.

Absolutely! Even when I left for a year I kept my sub.

No, I dont want ANYONE to leave, but this game has a mature player base and they are very discerning, If they would leave over those instances you mention I would be surprised, because I have seen worse in other MMO's with larger player bases. I think the politics cause more people to leave than what you suggest, but thats just my opinion.
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #6
fiach

Quote:
Originally Posted by balor
. I'm beginning to wonder that outside the CSR how many people from GF know how much grief people sometimes cause at these events?.

I only ever played one other GF game called Biosfear, it was a PvP game, I was a noob and kept getting griefed, I asked a GM about it, the response (given in a VERY friendly manner may i say), was to choose a different route for grinding and a suggestion of where to go, which worked.

Its a PvP game, like it or not, as I said earlier, guilds should take more responsibility for their members actions, rather than GF have to intervene.

An easy way out of the OP aggro dragging is to remove mobs from near OP's its a PITA targetting sometimes, or just even getting to the OP. IE. There should be a spawn spot adjacent to EVERY OP with no PvP allowed within a certain area, both easily achieveable and would save alot of annoyance.
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:32 AM   #7
danlufan

IN REPLY TO VALDA -

Just because aggro dragging hasnt happened to you, do you see it as a a policy? that should be allowed?

Yes it maybe 'war' but it is also a 'game', that 'people' 'pay' for and rules need to be instigated before alot of people get annoyed.

This is not about sides, this is not about kami/karavan or neutral, this is about the future of the game for the better, for the future of Ryzom.

And by the way, just because it can be done doesnt make it alright, for example; Just because you can punch someone in the face in real life, does it make it ok. Well it was a 'fight' so that must make it alright.

To be honest their are refs in 'war', you see it in real life, when America and British stand in to stop what is going on
danlufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #8
komissar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiach
An easy way out of the OP aggro dragging is to remove mobs from near OP's its a PITA targetting sometimes, or just even getting to the OP. IE. There should be a spawn spot adjacent to EVERY OP with no PvP allowed within a certain area, both easily achieveable and would save alot of annoyance.

It's a bit hard to implement, don't you think?

"A fond memory" of the "Order of the Nameless"
Matisian Botanist: "Complete Atlas of Atysian Flora (work in progress)"
Devoted Scholar of the "Zorai pictograms" "Zorai pictographic Signatures on demand"
Author of "The Kitin Scriptures" "The Kitin Scriptures WEBCOMIC!!!"
"Яussians may die - but never give up!"

komissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:39 AM   #9
blaah

Quote:
I edited out false declares as I dont care about them, If I have to attend an OP, then I do, regardless of the reason.
you dont care about false declarations in a middle of the night, but how about your guild and supporters ?

heres an idea... constantly keep war declare up on certain guild op, one group (9 ppl, q250 in melee/magic) shows up, sees the defenders and leaves (ohh bummer, they showed up, no point on fighting). not a false declare "by the law". but it's damn annoying to defenders.
now when defenders get enough of this, they start swapping outposts with "going for 24" rule.
thos who dont do it, get screwed again.

i'll probably vote no with my sub soon. (heh, and i dont even pvp)
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #10
blaah

Quote:
An easy way out of the OP aggro dragging is to remove mobs from near OP's
easyer would be to mobs not switch aggro for opposing side players (attacker has aggro, mob only switches to attackers, neutral drags aggro (yay, cant even f* nuke him), aggro only switches to neutrals, etc). sure they would be some way to exploit it, but it would be better than this.
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote