Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 6th, 2007, 02:24 AM   #1
viper579

a very possible future for the english server

translated from a post on the french forums

for all of those who want to own all ops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by french forums
Good day to all

As there was no thread on this so far.
I would like to congratulate the karavan players for the extermination of the kami faction on Aniro.

This is a new page in history on Aniro after the successfull attacks on all the OPs of Atys.

Congratulations for your strategy or better say your superiour numbers. With only one charge all was finished.

So bravo to the karavans who were determined to eradicate the players of the other cult. This proves again that there is no amusement with the OPs or balance at all.

To give you an idea about the numbers, karas were 49 and kamis 21 since 23h10. You can imagine that this number before 21h was tripled for the kara faction.

So bravo to all, and given the number of tells I got during the evening telling that you are dying of boredom. I think you was enjoying yourselves weirdly.

And as a kami said in kami chat yesterday evening: we dont enjoy ourselves any more.

Congrat to your success and bravo to the leaders for the TH of 17 on all the OPs, this gives us much chance to change the situation. Grat again.

I dont do threads like this, but now my mood is down.
We ask ourselves why.
If the goal was a mass account cancel on kami side, then your goal is met.
If Ryzom ends like this, this is without me.
GG Kara

Good day and good play.
viper579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:11 AM   #2
sapunkster

Re: a very possible future for the english server

So the feeling sorry for yourself trend seems to be following. Personally I think if a leader rose up out of the Kami and did some recruiting and gave some inspiration instead of tears, the Kami could find some fighters. The game was built around conflict. I hate to say it but it seems like everyone has lost their will to make something. I don't know if its b/c i'm new and don't know the mechanics or if its b/c of a different perspective, but either way, if you want something to happen then do it. If those Kami people wanted to have an OP, they should fight for it. If its a numbers battle then they need to recruit. If that doesn't work then send in a spy. Play all the angles, get ruthless, earn respect, have fun again. If keeping everyone on the server happy is your goal, take it down a notch to your guild. Make guilds mean something. There are plenty of possiblities just you have to have the will to make things fun. Stop relying on GF or a Community OP to hold your hand and let your guild do that since they're the people you can trust to back you up and support you AND possibly the numbers to say... take an OP?

Sorry, just a newbie here that found a great game that seems to be running down with the only thing dragging it being player perspective. I personally would like to see this game continue and prosper. Whos with me?
sapunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:19 AM   #3
stijn

I'm pretty sure this isnt meant to "feel sorry for ourselfs."

Its just something to think about. Yes its possible this happens on Aris, but if i'm not mistaking only a few months ago Kamis had 2/3 of the ops on Aniro. So this is as well a warning to Kamis as Karas.

By getting YOUR fun (eg all ops) you might very well take away all the OTHERS their fun. Sometimes its good to reconsider your actions and think about someone else too. At least thats the way I think.
stijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:34 AM   #4
viper579

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapunkster
The game was built around conflict. I hate to say it but it seems like everyone has lost their will to make something. I don't know if its b/c i'm new and don't know the mechanics or if its b/c of a different perspective, but either way, if you want something to happen then do it.

outposts and cats didnt exist from the start.

as my post on the kami forums said
"this highlights the reality that the objective should never be to win it all. we have to remember that we should keep it fun for all sides, even when we have the upper hand."
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:36 AM   #5
bf649ztp

Meh, remove cats from OP's altogether, from reading various threads throughout the months it seems most people on both sides want this anyway.

Cat's are simply to important a thing to have as a prize for the side with the biggest numbers. noone wants to see people starting the same level as them double it in half the time beacuse they are on the winning side. Have the prize for winning an op the mats only and incresase the rate of them. This would take out sooo much bad feeling all in one foul swoop, because people would'nt be so bothered about having OP's, but at the same time would make them still very much worth fighting over for the mats.

Kodel
bf649ztp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:44 AM   #6
sapunkster

I don't see one side winning and the other losing. Nothing in this game is set in stone. I have fun when I have a goal, if i'm on the losing side I have a pretty obvious goal and a game that gives me some unique abilities to use more than fighting and combat to win over my "enemies". In the end I still have fun and some sort of feeling of accomplisment. I doubt i'm the only person that feels this way. With no conflict there isn't change, without change things get stale, and when things get stale people cancel once the GF gods don't answer and I think I realize their reason for not answering. Do something. =)
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:49 AM   #7
bf649ztp

With all due respect Fik, you've been in the game less than a month. I don't mean this in a bad way, but the side situation in-game has been this way since it started and some people are getting a little depressed with it. For myself, i'm not all that bothered, I got other things to do when I get annoyed here, but a few others are doing the same thing when they get annoyed here and unlike me they don't come back again.

Kodel
bf649ztp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:51 AM   #8
stijn

Quote:
With no conflict there isn't change,

And thats exactly what you get when one side gets all the ops.
If the losing sides gets hit so hard, some leave, the losing side gets worse, more leave,... a vicious circle so to speak.

Its not bad to be on the losing side, if you still got a chance to win! (trust me been on this side for euhm well since ops ). But if everything you got, gets taken away... Not good, not good.
stijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 04:00 AM   #9
sapunkster

Eh, I know things can be hard but not impossible for you, yes YOU, to do.
Its people giving up that concerns me. If one side has everything, that should be more motivation for people to force a change, not give up.
Old September 6th, 2007, 04:06 AM   #10
viper579

Quote:
Eh, I know things can be hard but not impossible for you, yes YOU, to do.
Its people giving up that concerns me. If one side has everything, that should be more motivation for people to force a change, not give up.

thats a great attitude until it stops being fun, and then not worth the 15 dollars a month or the time.