Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 9th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #1
mugendo

My Opinion

I leave work and am accosted by the desperate looking young man explaining he wants to make my life better..."Had an accident that is not your fault ?...."..

Leaving him behind without breaking my stride I then encounter the stand populated by the ladies giving away free money....."Just sign your financial life away and we give you free money for life with this never to be repeated offer from Cred R Us....

These folk cause me to increase my pace to gain distance......I walk on momentarily convinced I am leaving the land of milk and honey

As the train pulls out of the station I am bombarded with advertising boards telling me how many items I need in my life before I am complete...."Do you want a holiday ?"..."Do you want A new home?"...."What will you do when you retire ?"....All become a blur of "what" "where" "Who" "How" "When".....And they have become part of my subconcious mind as I enter the car park....Subliminal advertising is good for you I believe

As I retrieve my car keys the attendant asks..."What do you think of our service ?"......"Shall I book your next visit for a full Valet".....

I drive away thinking of options preferable to the daily commute....Thoughts of Medieval tortute enter my mind for some inexplicable reason....

The final stage of the journey sees me on autopilot and I doubt I could remember the directions without the one milion other poor souls who don't realise they are my guide as I follow them

Finally I arrive home and check my mail and Ryzom forum......only to be asked in yet another Poll of increasing numbers....."what......"

I don't know about the rest of the community...but you can always put me down as "Abstain" in future.....
And please for the love of all that is good GF....Give me an option to TURN OFF POLL POSTS !!!!!

Last edited by mugendo : September 28th, 2007 at 02:09 AM.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #2
bf649ztp

Re: My Opinion

A good point Mugendo, but next time maybe you should put this sort of thread to some sort of a poll to gauge other peoples view of the subject......

Kodel.
bf649ztp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #3
vguerin

After the lynching party against a CSR went so well in getting attention, some feel that getting any sort of unbalanced consensus will give them an agenda/audience again with the decision makers. I too don't answer many polls, the choices are too limited to get the answers originally wanted by the topic starters normally.

What does a poll about a key game mechanic made by someone only here a couple months or a poll where those answering weren't here to see other events matter in the big picture matter ?

They don't...
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #4
fiach

Poll posters, please in future, include an Abstain choice, so Mugendo can record the fact that he had in fact made no choice
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #5
twina

Edited - as I re-read the post. lol - my bad :P
twina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #6
viper579

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
After the lynching party against a CSR went so well in getting attention, some feel that getting any sort of unbalanced consensus will give them an agenda/audience again with the decision makers.
i see the post about new content getting zero responses to the actual question, yet at one point GF actually took action. id rather take a course that a has a chance to result in action myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
What does a poll about a key game mechanic made by someone only here a couple months or a poll where those answering weren't here to see other events matter in the big picture matter ?

They don't...

so all those other people who think cats are bad and have been here since beta are nothing too?

i suppose one only matters after playing how long? a year? level 250?

does fiach's opinion matter? his join date is sep 2004.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiach
Get rid of cats.

Too much emphasis on them in the game.

Anything that makes you "beat" the game in weeks is wrong. MMOs should have a lifespan measured in years, not weeks.
viper579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #7
philu

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper579
so all those other people who think cats are bad and have been here since beta are nothing too?

i suppose one only matters after playing how long? a year? level 250?

I think you'll find if you re-read the bit you quoted that both parts of what DT was saying referred to people who had only been here short term.

"only here a couple months" and "weren't here to see other events" refer to short term players not beta players.

I am an Elder of Atys and I agree in part with DT that short term players who don't have the full history can't really give a balanced opinion on whether cats are good or bad, nor on PvP for that matter. They never experienced the game before cats and PvP like we did. They can have an opinion but it isn't going to have the full picture.

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
philu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #8
viper579

Quote:
Originally Posted by philu
I think you'll find if you re-read the bit you quoted that both parts of what DT was saying referred to people who had only been here short term.

"only here a couple months" and "weren't here to see other events" refer to short term players not beta players.

I am an Elder of Atys and I agree in part with DT that short term players who don't have the full history can't really give a balanced opinion on whether cats are good or bad, nor on PvP for that matter. They never experienced the game before cats and PvP like we did. They can have an opinion but it isn't going to have the full picture.

one can go back and read the forums from a year ago. and see the same issues that exist today.
viper579 is offline   Reply With Quote