Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:33 PM   #1
mugendo

Cynical yes...stupid no.

I read marjo's announcement and see that Ryzom is in the same position it was 12 months ago.

Well that is true, but for very different reasons.
Nevrax laboured hard and long to create something unique......And it was their child, nurtured through tumultous times, protected from the ravages of 'suits with ideas', presented to the world with pride.....and they did everything in their power to keep it alive..to the point of accepting at least (The Saga of) Ryzom will live on in their absence.
All this was in public view (as much as French law allowed), with the support of the community who understood and supported the people who were holding on by a thread.

Gameforge came onto the scene after many months of legal procedures, Ryzom was pulled from the jaws of oblivion to live again....To rise above the ashes to live again.
But we at Ryzom did not have the unlimited resources and support of Gameforge....we were under the wing of Gameforge France, a much smaller entity setup with the sole purpose of dealing with Ryzom....The agenda will never be public knowldge...such is the nature of business.
And so Ryzom continued.....as a subsidiary of a large corporate company.....Ryzom had evolved from a loving creation into an assett/liability.

And now I am expected to believe Ryzom is "In the same position as before" ?

Let me see,
Ryzom has been in liquidation for more than three weeks,
The whole procedure was kept quiet and away from public knowledge,
There is a lot of code and investment that will benefit the 'copyright' owners,
Original Nevrax team have been told to look for other work...GF France to reintegrate into the 'mother' company ?
Same to the casual observer I agree....
To those involved/effected directly.......Business as usual in my view....
But some call me cynical.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote