Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 17th, 2008, 04:51 AM   #1
kuroari

Roguish Gallantry

Part 1 :: Scouting...

Nightblade waited for the patrols to pass him while he hid among the branches in Yrkanis. Generally he would be making a lot of noise when he entered this interesting city of pale homins.. but not tonight. Now he was on a mission.. Knowing that his movements were likely being watched by those more skilled than he in the forests, NB jumped out of his cover and dashed quickly behind a mektoub. But not just any old Mektoub, he picked this one specifically.. he knew Ms Antodera would see him lurking around her shop and he had to throw her off his trail... he only hoped Dzaiur wouldn't mess up on his part of the plan! Catching a glimpse of Sehraci out of the corner of his eye.. clever chit was blending in with the trees again!.. NB Continued heading north... meanwhile a sneaky Zorai was making his first contributions to NB's evil schemes, somewhere to the south of town...

More to come...

_____

OOC :: For those of you that weren't around (or just don't remember O.o) when we used to do this in past years.. i'm taking up an old tradition. Some of you will know whats going on, others will find out later, and still others won't know till the very end of my posts Either way.. just something to get some fun going on IG !

Please contribute in RP-Mode when you begin to realize what i'm setting up! (Or even contribute when you don't, just don't overdo anything till i reveal more info ) In the past i had guildmembers to help me do this O.o afraid this time i'm pretty much winging it solo!

[ Done - Boroshi ]

Nightblade

Last edited by boroshi : January 17th, 2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old January 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #2
kuroari

Re: Roguish Gallantry

Dzaiur High-Fived Nightblade, nodded once, then ran down along the eastern edge of Yrkanis. Waiting for his queue, he watched Nightblade lure the guards to the north of the city.. it would never do that someone should find out their plans before they were ready! Gambling.. Blood... worse! The Royal Guard would be horrified! Keeping an eye out for all the different buildings, Dzaiur finally found the one Nightblade pointed out.. "Its in the shape of a large insect, you really Can't miss it!" .. Checking over the notes Nightblade gave him.. he waited for the Patrol to pass by. It wasn't very clear if the guards knew he had anything to do with the Insane and Wanted Nightblade, but best not to take any chances. Counting to 20 after the patrol passed by him, Dzaiur walked nonchalantly towards the building. "Act like you're SUPPOSED to be there, and no one will suspect _you_ !" ... It was working, no one paid the least bit of attention to him! Entering the building, Dzaiur began to inspect it , looking for those things that Nightblade pointed out to him...

More to come..

Nightblade
Old January 17th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #3
kuroari

A few hours later, Dzaiur met up with Nightblade back on the outskirts of Pyr.

"I looked for everything you asked, there's a hidden place for us to run our ring.. its easily defendable in case any fools try to get in to break us up.. there are guards at the entrance though! these will need to be bribed or replaced.. i believe Teoh may have connections .. and maybe that Harlot Servelan is still around? she could probably seduce a few of the guards for us."

"Good work D, i'll see about the guards... haven't met a matis yet what can hold his drink!" Nightblade grinned and held up a bottle of firewine.

"Excellent.. in a few weeks, everything will be ready!" Nightblade took a swig of the firewine, proffered the bottle to Dzaiur, and went off to get his blades sharpened.

Nightblade
Old January 17th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #4
sidusar

((I do think this reminds me of something, and if it'll be like that something that I think it'll be like, I think I'll look forward to it. ))

Marelli was about done with her business in the Yrkanis market for the day. She had just inquired with a few of the merchants about the status of her orders and stocks, and was now standing somewhat to the side, playing with her crafting needle while pondering what materials she'd be needing tomorrow. Her eyes rested on the hill not too far from the main market where - as always - her guild officer had set up shop on the usual spot, no doubt pondering her own material combinations. Marelli watched as the citizens of Yrkanis strolled by, some calling a polite greeting... Wait, that's no citizen of Yrkanis. She had only caught a quick glimpse of a homin, but enough to know this one was a Fyros. An unfortunally familiar Fyros. Was that...? What's that lunatic doing sneaking up on her? Perhaps I should warn her. Changing her mind, Mar shrugged to herself. Nah, she probably knows he's there already. More likely than not, he'll be the surprised one, and I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. Suppressing a snicker, Marelli reached into her bag and broke one of her teleport pacts. She still had some business to conduct at the Dyron market, and while there, she decided, she should also investigate those rumors about a plan to blow up the town...
Old January 20th, 2008, 04:51 AM   #5
kuroari

Part 2 :: Setting the Stage

Teoh sneaks Bandan aside and quickly explains the plan

"We need to convince at least two of the guards to help us out, i say we wait for the change of the watch, then snag two of the guards aside to talk to em.. we can set up a diversion!"

"Diversion eh?..." Bandan takes up her Axe and Dons her Helmet. "I'm ready, hope you've got a bandaid babes!" Evil grin of DOOM

"Ack! O.o"

A few hours later, Teoh and Bandan head over to the guards just as they are changing watch... and overhear one of the guards saying he had to head home for the night.. something about a headache. The Guard walks off into the cool night air, heading south for home...

"Perfect!" Shouts Bandan, as she runs after the guard - leaving Teoh freaked out and afraid behind her...

Nightblade

Last edited by kuroari : January 23rd, 2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old January 20th, 2008, 05:07 AM   #6
indiferret

The Fyra didn't have to go very far; the guard walked right through her path. She hid behind a tree, Teo at her back, and watched with intent eyes as the unsuspecting guard staggered past. To make matters easier the silly Matis paused once he had left the immediate grounds of the city, and took off his helmet, muttering something about it squeezing his brains out of his head. With a malicious grin, Bandan rushed forward

WHAM!!

Her mace caught him hard on the back of his head; two more rained down on his chest and his legs before he hit the ground, just to make sure. With what could only be described as a squeak, her husband dashed out from behind the cover of the tree and stood staring at the bloody and battered corpse at her feet.

"You didn't have to
kill him!" he exclaimed, trying to keep his voice low, but Bandan could tell he was getting anxcious. With a passive shrug she rolled the empty helmet over to Teoh's feet using her foot, and grinned.

"Best get dressed."
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:21 AM   #7
kuroari

More than a little freaked, Teoh snagged the dead guard's armor and weapon, hiding them in his bag for later... Nightblade was sure to get a kick out of this one! >< . Teoh and Bandan strolled down Yrkanis towards the gate - Teoh paler than ever (yes.. its possible for a matis to pale, trust me on this one) ....

Hours later in Pyr...

Nightblade looked it up, he looked it down, read it once.. twice..and a third time, then read it backwards, just in case... It was ready.

At the same time in Yrkanis...

A slightly flushed Servelan left the guard's quarters, pockets that much fuller. she had gotten more than she bargained for and Nightblade was going to pay -.- but she did her duty, so he couldnt possibly withhold payment from her any longer.. she'd finally have an apartment of her own! (but thats another story...) . She had promised the guard she'd meet him again , in a more private location... only this time she'd have Bandan along to help attain a second set of armor, leaving only 2 more guards to be taken care of... all in good time.

Dzaiur strolled down past the guardhouse, intercepted Servelan, accepted the bag of guard's armor without a word, and kept moving on... he stashed the armor on his mount, hopped up, and ran out the gate.

Nightblade
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:28 AM   #8
kuroari

Nightblade wanderd into the bar and waved an 'ullo to Lydix. They went WAY back, and the 'keep owed him many a favor. Passing the secret signal, he got the proper reply, it was safe to talk...

"Evening Lydix, I've got News!! Its time for the tournaments again and i'm going to need you to help with the drinks and - when the time comes - to post these flyers " Nightblade handed him a sheaf of paper " among all the bars you come across. Remember though, not a minute before we're ready! The last thing we need is for the guards to bust up our plans.... "

That done, Nightblade moved down to the baths where he knew Bandan was 'apologizing' to Teoh for making him so uncomfortable... Waiting for them outside, he caught Teoh by the collar and yanked.

"Hey little buddy!, How's the deal with the guards going?"

Choking... "Just fine Uncle Nightblade >< Bandan'll tell you all about it..."

Nightblade
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:23 AM   #9
indiferret

At that moment the Fyra in question strode out from the Pyr baths herself, tying the loose ends of her red hair with a look of concentration, her face slightly reddened from the heat of the water and possibly something else... She walked out just in time to see Nightblade let Teoh down before the poor Matis suffocated to death, and intervened.

"Tell him what? Don't you know that what went on down there"--she nodded towards the baths--"Is supposed to stay between us? Or do they openly proclaim these sorts of things in Matia?" She grinned as Teoh turned another hopeless shade of red, then turned to Nightblade, her voice assuming a more serious tone.

"What is it you'd like to know? I took down the appointed guard when he went to change his shift; Teoh has the armour stowed away."
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:47 PM   #10
kalindra

Sherkalyn walked to a passing guard, in her blue Matis medium armour, looking purposefully confused and innocent. It was her second try and she was hoping that, this time, it would work, before the word started to spread among them, making her task impossible to accomplish.

"Excuse me, sir, I'm a bit lost, can you tell me where are the trainers in this city ? I need to learn a new technique," she said, smiling and winking, as she couldn't help but notice that the guard was staring at her curves, highlighted as they were by the work of Lady Sehraci.

The guard failed at trying to answer with a condescending tone, and, blushing profusely, he answered :
"Sure, erhm... follow me."

He led her to the appropriate location and, as he was about to go, she grabbed his arm gently, and said with a very tempting voice : "I would like to thank you for your time. Would you mind having a drink with me in Thesos, after your guard ?"

Now was the critical moment, the previous guard had declined coldly, saying that he had more important duties to perform than drink at a tavern. To her relief, the young guard blushed even more and accepted the invitation.

"Excellent ! Meet me at Yrkanis gate as soon as your guard ends.
- But... I'll have to change clothes to a more appropriate outfit.
- Don't be silly, you look fine and... I like uniforms." she said, winking once more. The guard's face was now entirely red as he accepted to meet her and even gave her the time at which his shift ended.

"Males... always the same." she mumbled, nodding as he walked away. She waved to Misscreant that was passing by and finally went to the trainers to learn some new prospecting techniques.

-------------------
Many hours later, in Thesos tavern, the young matis guard had passed out on the table after only half a bottle of Firewine, Sherkalyn emptied her cup, grabbed him and rested his weight on her shoulder, pulling him outside. As she passed the barkeep, she said : "Put it on Nightblade's tab, he owes me one."

And so she stumbled out, carrying that dead weight of a guard, until she met her assignated contact outside.

"It is fortunate that most Matis people can't handle Firewine."

The Exodus Syndicate

"Experience Perfection : Unharness Your Power"

"Ignore the flames or grill your marshmallows on them. Then feed them to the trolls so they keep their mouth shut."