Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:46 AM   #1
browserice

Talking Theorizing : me makign an MMORPG, lets brainstorm

For the past couple of months, I have been getting involved into Virtual Worlds (trying a few and learning about them or others). That interest came from a combination of me noticing my company (where I am doing a contract) getting more and more involved into VW, and also from my hobbying of game MODing (never made a real MOD but touched everything except programing). So I am trying to find out all the VW engines out there to know them and maybe develop my own VW (I was doing one with one of the company's VW engine but quit after getting fed up with all the limitations/problems of it).

I am just telling you this to explain where I am coming from with what I want to debate in this thread. I miss Ryzom. Playing Ryzom was feeding a need I cannot find anywhere now. So since I am checking out VW engines, I was just thinking if one day I could make something like Ryzom. I am not saying I will do it but just brainstorming about a possible design (doing this would keep my brain cells alive as my day to day work is boring to death and I'm always working 12 hours per day).

So I will be replying here with how I see this being done and I want opinions, critics and ideas from every one about those ideas. I would be preferable if all replies would stick to the current discussion as to not mis-lead this thread.
browserice is offline   Reply With Quote