Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 9th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #1
nuitwaters

Question about /afk Hosting

I have two accounts, my old one that I had back in the day when this wonderful game came out and my new free trial one which I am starting anew with.

My question is, does anyone know the /afk timeout period and if I can stay logged into my ring so other people can play it?

Also, if someone comes in and goes through the series of quests I have and finishes the series and such, is there a script I need to run or trigger to get the Act to reset?

Thanks in Advance!
nuitwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #2
slash22

Re: Question about /afk Hosting

I've stayed /afk for 12+ hours before. Don't know what the timeout is, but I'm pretty sure the only limit is the stability of your connection.
slash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #3
sidusar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuitwaters
My question is, does anyone know the /afk timeout period and if I can stay logged into my ring so other people can play it?
There is no /afk timeout period. You can stay afk in your hosted Ring scenario until the server goes down, your computer goes down, or the connection between the server and your computer goes down.

And yes, as long as you put the scenario on auto-invite, people will be able to play it.

Do note that if you want to create scenarios with your main account and then run them on your alt account, your alt will need all the spawn points your main has, or they may not be able to host the maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuitwaters
Also, if someone comes in and goes through the series of quests I have and finishes the series and such, is there a script I need to run or trigger to get the Act to reset?
Yep, there is an event action to go to a different Act. Just set it up to go to Act 1 when the last quest is finished, and it'll reset the Act.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #4
nuitwaters

Thanks for the replies guys!
nuitwaters is offline   Reply With Quote