Go Back   Ryzom > Marketing > Brainstorming
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 3rd, 2008, 05:00 AM   #1
browserice

Win a game machine (beefed up PC)

By joining Ryzom, win a chance to get a game machine, beefed up PC.

Alienware or the likes (anything as long as it is very recent and beefed up).
browserice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 05:20 AM   #2
komissar

Re: Win a game machine (beefed up PC)

And who's gonna sponsor it?

"A fond memory" of the "Order of the Nameless"
Matisian Botanist: "Complete Atlas of Atysian Flora (work in progress)"
Devoted Scholar of the "Zorai pictograms" "Zorai pictographic Signatures on demand"
Author of "The Kitin Scriptures" "The Kitin Scriptures WEBCOMIC!!!"
"Яussians may die - but never give up!"

komissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM   #3
fjewel

Joining Ryzom, or actually paying for a subscription? After all, I originally came with a massive influx after the launch of the Ring/opening of Cho, but not many stayed. Chances are, you'd waste all the money spent on that machine on someone who played for a couple of days and never came back.

If it were to be a logical idea, as Komissar's hurdle jumps out in front of you, would it not be better to make it a Ryzom orientated PC (art on the case, special desktop theme etc) and have it related to, say, signing up for a 3 month subscription or whatever they will offer now, instead of just a single month?
fjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM   #4
browserice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjewel
Joining Ryzom, or actually paying for a subscription? After all, I originally came with a massive influx after the launch of the Ring/opening of Cho, but not many stayed. Chances are, you'd waste all the money spent on that machine on someone who played for a couple of days and never came back.

If it were to be a logical idea, as Komissar's hurdle jumps out in front of you, would it not be better to make it a Ryzom orientated PC (art on the case, special desktop theme etc) and have it related to, say, signing up for a 3 month subscription or whatever they will offer now, instead of just a single month?

I totally agree with you.

Notification of it:
All contests should be indicated at the Ryzom site and every other places where Ryzom is advertise. So it has to go along with any other marketing projects that will do advertisement or even syndication.

Conditions:
-This contest should be available only to registered players who have played for 3 months (considering the prize)

Contents:
-If there should ever be a Linux Ryzom version, then the player would have the choice of either having Windows or a Linux O/S on it
-There would be Dev team signatures on the computer case
-As for the actual PC brand, I know Alienware used to do this but I think it got baught or something.
-Considering players are from any continent, can a PC from America work flawless in Europe or anywhere else ? If not, then either the actual PC company would have be worldwide or deal with different PC company related to each continent
Old October 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM   #5
fjewel

The voltage taken by the computer may vary, but I'm not honestly sure. The plugs would definitely be different, hence my wondering. Also, just varying standards in things - like VGA being still the common form of Monitor connector in the UK as far as I know, but DVI or whatever the other one is being on most new graphics cards...

A Ryzom orientated PC case is a nice idea, I still feel. Plus signature by Devs, hehe >.<
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:30 PM   #6
browserice

Unhappy Re: Win a game machine (beefed up PC)

Quote:
The voltage taken by the computer may vary, but I'm not honestly sure. The plugs would definitely be different, hence my wondering. Also, just varying standards in things - like VGA being still the common form of Monitor connector in the UK as far as I know, but DVI or whatever the other one is being on most new graphics cards...

A Ryzom orientated PC case is a nice idea, I still feel. Plus signature by Devs, hehe >.<

Thank you for the infos. I haven't been outside of my country yet.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:50 PM   #7
fjewel

Something transferable between computers I think would work as a cheaper version of this too. I mean, some people have brand new computers etc so by the time they give up the ghost, the one they may have won would've been out of date for a while.

Unfortunately, there's no real common ground, unlike something such as the X360 covers you can get. Not least counting the different sorts of computers, some people prefer Macs, PCs, Linux etc etc... And it would be kinda pointless for someone to win something to then just sell it on cause they won't use it.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:15 PM   #8
browserice

Quote:
Something transferable between computers I think would work as a cheaper version of this too. I mean, some people have brand new computers etc so by the time they give up the ghost, the one they may have won would've been out of date for a while.

Unfortunately, there's no real common ground, unlike something such as the X360 covers you can get. Not least counting the different sorts of computers, some people prefer Macs, PCs, Linux etc etc... And it would be kinda pointless for someone to win something to then just sell it on cause they won't use it.

Good point !

But I am not sure I understand what you mean by something transferable. You mean software or hardwar parts (like a bad-ass video card ?)
Old October 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #9
boroshi
Community Manager

Moved to Brainstorming for further discussion. If a/some player(s) want to get the sponsorship for this and use it as a prize on one of their own sites, then add the required info and make a new thread in the main Marketing Forum.
Old October 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #10
fjewel

Something simple like software would probably be advised over hardware... But I literally just mean something compatible with almost all computers that almost all people can appreciate... Not easy to think of that, now you come to it >.<