Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 26th, 2008, 06:14 PM   #1
sidusar

Capryni Delivery (another Christmas Ring Scenario)

Capryni Delivery (another Christmas Ring Scenario)

Since our new overlords have surprised us with a Christmas event, and one of my colleague Ringers has already made a Christmas Ring scenario (go play that too btw!), I hardly need to fill any gaps. Still my own Christmas scenario was almost ready already, so hopefully you can still have some fun with it. To those of you already sick of all the Christmas stuff, I apologise.

Background
In the treacherous Northern Pass, the few homins settlements can only survive because of the supplies that are graciously gifted to them by the famous Zoraï philanthropist, Zhanta Clao. Recently however, a nearby patch of psykopla has grown so powerful they've managed to control the minds of Zhanta's magical packers. With his packers now devoted to the psykopla, Zhanta has been unable to deliver his gifts any longer, and the settlements threaten to starve.

There are two ways to help Zhanta and complete the scenario:
  • Solo challenge
    Deliver Zhanta's packages to the outlying settlements. Talk to the Supplier to receive 3 packages, then hand one over to the appropriate homin in each settlement. When you do this, a chest will spawn nearby with the wishlist from that settlement, don't forget to take these! Once you have all three wishlists, hand them over to the Overseer back in the starting town to complete the scenario.

Just as last time, a level 1 player can complete this scenario, but it will take patience and a bunch of deaths. The ways to the settlements are, ofcourse, full of nasty predators and kitin, and you'll have to sneak past them. A level 250 player will definitely have a much easier time with this, but even they will die if they're not careful.

• Team challenge
    Fight the psykopla colony and free Zhanta's packers, so they can deliver the packages to the settlements. The psykopla will not release the packers easily though, you will have to fight many waves of creatures they've brainwashed into protecting them. Once you've beaten them, they'll drop a chest of psykopla moss that you can hand in to the Overseer to complete the scenario.

You don't need a full team of 9 level 250 players to beat this boss challenge, but you will definitely need multiple 200+ players. (I think at least 5 or 6, but it's hard to tell exactly.) Again, a stronger team will ofcourse have an easier time, a smaller team may have to die a few times.

Additional stuff:
Times: The scenario will be up for the rest of today, then I will unfortunally be gone during the weekend, and it'll be up again for the entirety of next week until January 4th.
Prizes: Again, any player who can shown they've completed the scenario wins a million dapper and 2 stacks of q200 cats and 50 q200 sap crystals.
Death: Yes, you'll die. No, there is no death penalty and dieing does not wear out your gear.

For Icky Techie FAQ stuff, just read Sweetmarie's over here. All applies to my scenario too, except mine's called "Capryni Delivery".

Locations: For your convenience, here is the map of the Northern Pass with the important sites marked. (Yes, your map works in the Ring.)

I hope you'll all have fun, enjoy the scenery, and not forget to die a few times.
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #2
sidusar

Re: Capryni Delivery (another Christmas Ring Scenario)

I have returned from my short vacation, and after making some minor changes based on the experiences of the first players, should now hopefully be able to have the scenario up every day from around 1 pm to 1 am GMT (8 am to 8 pm EST), with Sunday January 4 being the last day it'll be open.

Hope to see you there.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:35 AM   #3
namine

Loved it !
Lot of fun for a full team or even a single player.
Some awesome building combinations, nice surprises, and a well balanced difficulty.
Thanks a lot
Old January 3rd, 2009, 01:31 PM   #4
sidusar

Thanks Sumsum!

Unfortunately I've not had many players so far. After 5 days of hosting only 6 people have made a serious effort and completed it, and 2 of them were from Aniro. Come on Arispotleans, I thought we'd established by now Ring Scenarios were fun? Playing through this scenario will take you... an hour at the most. (5 minutes if you bring a stash of invul eggs) How many of those have you spent wandering around bored wondering what to do, in this week alone?

Nobody's even tried to get a team together for the boss challenge yet... I guarantee it's more interesting than the christmas tree and snowman bosses.

Allright, here are some teaser pics. Remember I'll only have it up this weekend anymore.

Old January 6th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #5
sidusar

This event has now come to an end. Thanks to all participants! The final score after a week of hosting is 16 players who completed the scenario (2 from Aniro). The psykopla fell twice, first to the Ricke/Sherkalyn team and then to the Deadelf/Nysha/Ajluos team.

It's not a bad outcome, considering traditional Ring activity, but after my last scenario and Sweetmarie's scenario, I'll admit I was hoping for some more interest. For each individual person who didn't try it, well, it's perfectly understandable you just never found an opportunity to. If almost nobody can find an opportunity though, there's just a lack of will within the entire community. Which is disappointing.

So, it's been fun, but I don't think I shall do this again. I'll still re-host this scenario one more weekend once they get the Ring fixed for everyone. From then on if I create any more scenarios they shall be hosted in the traditional way again (ie. whenever I have nothing better to do or someone asks to play them.)

Much thanks to all the players that did try it, whether you liked it or not, just for your part in at least trying to enjoy and keep alive this part of Ryzom. I've heard from several that they did enjoy it, which I appreciated also, because as long as a few players enjoyed it my efforts weren't in vain.

Happy 2009 all!
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #6
katriell

Sorry I never got around to playing it.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:20 AM   #7
deadelf

It was a lot of fun! (a bit sadistic on your side, but fun nonetheless )

Looking forward to (being masochistic and) playing more of your scenarios one day!
Old January 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #8
pre156kt

Nyuuuuuuu! I missed it
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #9
kalindra

Yup ! We took the hardest path and died plenty of times but we made it and had a blast !

The Exodus Syndicate

"Experience Perfection : Unharness Your Power"

"Ignore the flames or grill your marshmallows on them. Then feed them to the trolls so they keep their mouth shut."
Old January 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #10
sx4rlet

Problem is, if you have had 16 players in your scenario, in 5 or more days, it's hardly worthwile to host the scenario, if you havent got a spare computer to host the scenario afk.

As far as I know, Marelli doesnt have a second computer, so he was online all the time. (I was building in the ring when he was hosting, so at least i had somebody to talk to on the ring channel.) Only because of that I think Marelli deserves the Atysian Medal of Honour!

But I just don't get it, what does it need to get players into the ring to try a scenario? Ok, you get no xp, your gear deteriorates a bit, but still, you can have something to do, other then the regular stuff...

(And the question isnt about what the devs need to do, so the ring gets more player-friendly, it's what do the players need to try it out.)