Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Newcomer Welcome Board
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 3rd, 2009, 05:13 AM   #1
darthraven

Well I'm back sort of...

Some will remember me as Raven Zahadoom and others simply as Raven™ (if you remember me at all :P) Played Ryzom a while back however. I started and ran the EF Guild. Anyway, I recently read about what's been going on over here... very sad to read But it seems there might be a light at the end of the tunnel after all eh?, at least that's what the article I read implied. So I'm back to have a little look around, see if anyone I know still plays and see if the game has a future or not (I'm being honest here guys, there still a chance this won't work out).

Still I'm sure there are some fun Ring maps to test out (I left before the ring was released). Btw feel free to recommend any good ones.

Ohh and my account is no longer active :/ So i'm starting again, so low level ring quests for now :P

So hi all, and see you planetside!
darthraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM   #2
fiach

Re: Well I'm back sort of...

Hi Raven, welcome back

Yeah Ryzom has had its ups and downs, its great to still be able to play it though

Check out Sweetmaries scenario :

Land of Rudolph’s Licks

Almost a year ago, a once jolly fellow named Santa, from a distant planet called Earth, packed his bags and fled to Atys. Now, no longer so jolly, he infringes on lands here along with his party of unusual creatures called Elves. They appear to be creating mysterious evil pets for suspicious purposes. The local residents have vowed to put a stop to this, and even Santa’s own four legged helpers are committing mutiny against him, led by one with a shiny red nose.

If you dare to venture into this land, you will need to decide Santa’s fate for yourself.

FAQs

When can I visit this land of Rudolph’s?... Rudolph has opened portal access starting from right now, until New Year’s Day, 24hours a day.

Santa is naughty and not nice this year?... This is for you to decide.

Can I sit on Santa’s Lap?... Come visit him. You can try.

Will there be Christmas Presents?... Some of the inhabitants of this land may be willing to talk to you and reward you with… a surprise. In fact really adventurous Homins will find at least 4 different “Christmas Presents” and other strange events.

Can I take my loot out of this land?... Reportedly, someone attempted to take a “Glowing Christmas Thingie” back to the mainland and that did not turn out too well.

Will I die?... I guarantee it! This is no tame easy go lucky land like the north pole back on Earth. But this is also a magic land where you have no death penalty. Low level players have plenty of opportunity here too. Some rewards can be discovered without any combat.

Is this anything like the “Land of Lick” I visited back during the lag monster right before the world ended?... It’s got some of your friends from that land, but it’s very different.

fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 03:23 PM   #3
sidusar

Welcome back!

Unfortunately the Ring never really got off the ground, there's only about a dozen Ring scenarios that were ever released. I'm hosting one of mine during this weekend, see here for details. It has high level mobs, but you don't need to fight, so a low level player can sneak through.

Here are a few scenarios you can download to try for yourself.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM   #4
rdfall

tiny detail raven, just about every account can be logged in to and used now, even old ones that were unsubscribed (look at me, i'm unsubscribed, lol)
rdfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:39 PM   #5
sidusar

Yes, unsubscribed ones can be logged in and used, except not to access the Ring.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:19 PM   #6
rdfall

which hurts, cuz i love the ring.
rdfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #7
darthraven

Thx for the replies guys, I'll be looking into getting my old account sorted out, maybe I made a mistake with my account name, not sure, it was a long time ago now. I'll dig up that old email.

In the mean time, can I get in the Ring with this account? (it shows me as a free trial I think)?

Thx for any answers
darthraven is offline   Reply With Quote