Go Back   Ryzom > Marketing > Brainstorming
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 5th, 2009, 04:18 AM   #1
memir

Smile mini games

like lets say a game with in ryzom like lets say adding fishing or race beting or raceing or stuff ryzom related mini game with in the game (just geting more ideas out there the more the better)
memir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:33 AM   #2
acridiel

Re: mini games

Right you are, that it would be nice to have something along that line, but not fishing for the Xth time.

And this is the wrong board for this.
Adding something ain´t directly marketing

CU
Acridiel

Last edited by acridiel : February 7th, 2009 at 05:52 PM.
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 06:28 AM   #3
memir

Smile Re: mini games

um i read the rules and they say differently they say this is the place for ideas brainstorming stuff that is not a complete idea and well mini games is not a complete idea at all something to add to help bring people in and yes it is marketing adding to the game can bring on more people for one bring people back for two new content for three and bring on ads because there is a new addition to the mmo you all got to start some where if no new content isn't added the people

that do come will most likey leave if there isn't something keeping them here because you cant just put ads everywhere and hope people will out right come and pay just because they sare the ad they need something to bring them here and keep them coming and something like mini games can help the people that do come to stay and pay (the hole idea gets it so people can do the mini game instead of lvling up or takeing a brake from all the lvling )
Old February 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #4
acridiel

Adding some punctuation marks to your posts would help, me at least, to read and understand them. Phew,...

Okay, so if I understand correctly you mean that including mini-games, will make people stay to play the mini-games?
Right?

Now, do we want people to come because of the cool mini-games, or do we want them to play because Ryzom is a cool game all by itself?
And come to think of it, someone already pointed out somewhere else, that you could readily see crafting as a mini-game. And foraging also.
They both require quite some more things to do from the player than other games systems I know.

But, I think we both agree that something else to while way some hours would be in order, yes.
There allready is the /random command that let´s you simulate a game of dice or simple chance, there is the Wheel of fortune that let´s you, with quite realistic chances, win titles and "stuff". (Very appropriately translated atysian "stuff" )

How about something more involved, for two or more players:
Like a game of cards. (for which the characters would finally be able to sit at tables, I might ad)
Or, some small but fitting form of strategy game, an atysian chess variation.
Darts, in the Bars.

Fishing´s been done too often already and is the "default" game of all worlds.

We need something unique and fitting, like pine cone trowing, or whack a Yubo.

CU
Acridiel
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:14 AM   #5
memir

yes kinda what im saying a mini game with no lvl/grinding time is more of what im talking of.(and thank you for the posting tip) but i do know that like a mini game can help people that do come stay. that are sick of all of the grinding/lvls and just want to take a brake from it. an if we had a mini game like that they could play the mini game for a brake of all the lvls and quests and sich. instead of just playing a completely different game. an also gives the this game less of the stress of all the lvling.

Last edited by memir : February 9th, 2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:20 AM   #6
acridiel

Nobody forces you to level, but yourself
There are surely other things to do.
Well, we´ll see what the higher ups do think about this.

CU
Acridiel
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #7
memir

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridiel
Nobody forces you to level, but yourself
There are surely other things to do.
Well, we´ll see what the higher ups do think about this.

CU
Acridiel
other things to do? other then geting to the next level and chating with friends what else is there okay there's little missions and looking around/exploring, an also pvp what else anything?

everything else is level orientated skill level that is but still. unless there's some big part of the game i haven't seen and even then mini games would work for any skill level anywhere any place just go and do it.
Old February 11th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #8
kervala

There are :

- official or players events
- outpost fights
- exploring
- creating Ring scenarii
- kitin nests
- marauder boss
- etc...
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #9
memir

Quote:
Originally Posted by kervala
There are :

- official or players events
- outpost fights
- exploring
- creating Ring scenarii
- kitin nests
- marauder boss
- etc...
your basicly saying what i just said earlier fighting a boss is skill level oriented. outpost fights are pvp. already said exploring. kitin nests thats pve? it is also level oriented. creating ring scenarii that is every complicated easyer probly once you got your head around the controls and all but still over all it is level oriented official events are almost allways level oriented.

as for player events it depens on what it is but easyer done at higher levels because you know more about places and so on at higher levels and are easyer to get at once higher level.(like finding Ffi event)

but still gos with what i just said mini games that you can do like lets say fishing mini game(yes i know its been done this is just a expansion) i buy the pool the fishing luer and so on find a lake and fish no level needed just get the stuff and do it, or lets say a card mini game get the cards find a friend and play cards with them or whatever no level needed. kinda would give this game a fresh of air for something to do that isnt level oriented that anyone can do at any level and isnt level baced.

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................
ps i love this game im happy with it and i really cant wait to pay for it but this ideas are for other people and i understand how it can be feeling you have to get to the next level for fun with your friends or whatever be like *ugh i got to get to whatever because i really want that skill*and if there was a mini game it would be like *ugh i got to get to whatever because i really want that skill but hey ill play this mini game and relax for now and forget about it for awile*