Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 18th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #21
orbdragon

Re: Share your ideas for Ryzom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kervala
Why no people from aniro or leanon voted for this ?

I checked the votes, there are a lot of people which are rerolls (just to add a vote) so it doesn't reflect to real changes.

Edit: Don't forget if this bug fix is rolled back, it will affect also people from Aniro and Leanon. So don't be egoist !

Kervala, as I have little interaction with anyone from the other servers I don't know their opinions. How do they like the afflictions as they are now?
orbdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #22
kervala

I remember a lot of PvPers were using it in crystallized spells and because to the bug, they were able to cast a level 50 spell on a level 250 melee warrior :s

It was even called an exploit, because it wouldn't have been possible.

That was the main use of these spells (a lot most used than in PvE)
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #23
orbdragon

Oh, I wasn't aware of that particular application! I can see why that bit should be fixed, then. As it stood, I considered myself lucky to land a level 80 affliction on a level 80 creature, much less actually get a link.

Shame they couldn't change one part of it and leave another the way it was.
orbdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #24
acridiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbdragon
Kervala, as I have little interaction with anyone from the other servers I don't know their opinions. How do they like the afflictions as they are now?

Strangely enough, most players on Leanon do seem to be rather contend with the changes.
A very few openly complained and only a very few probably voted on it, because only just a few even knew about this vote.
Not everyone does speak English and of these even less bother to check Arispotle Forums regularly.

My bringing up the vote against the new target gauge, was shouted down and ridiculed.
Although many complain about it, but don´t bother with the forums.
German Boards are extremely in decline as more and more new and old players don´t see any sense in using them or even bothering to use them.
I don´t know why this is so, but it seems to be a "German thing", that reading and posting on boards is regarded as:

a.)either extremely fanboy-ish
or
b.)extremely troll-ish and rude

both are uncool and there does not seem to be a middle ground for many new players in this. So Forums are to be avoided.
In addition most new (mostly young) players I asked, regarded Forum reading as a bother and not worth their time.
"Why read a Forum, if I can play and just ask my way around?" was one direct answer I got. And "... if I can learn from everyone else what´s going on?"
The logic in this is, you will know whats going on, even if its late, but you won´t have to stop playing for it and you can still raise a ruckus in Universe if what you "hear" does not please you. Regardless of the value of the rumored information, that only a few bother to check.
*sigh*

Well, so no wonder most of us did not vote, I did, for what its worth.

And I deeply regret so few Germans willing to read these boards at all.
My guess atm is that only about 10% of the actual amount of players, which aren´t that many anyway, do participate actively in the German boards.
Gawd, I´m a fossil of almost forgotten times it seems.

CU
Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #25
ulukyn

Don't mistake please.
Yes, rollback are declined because devs can't re-add a bug, that make no sens.
But, we can read it : "We will work to increase your pleasure to play and use affilys".

So, if affy spells need to be corrected, I think, devs will do it, but NOT with a rollback.

And now, you can use your points to others things
ulukyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #26
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemera
whats the use of having a feed back page when they dont listen to the players.
stop using word ROLLBACK if you want anything change.

sore losers creating spam there does not help the cause either.
-
me personally think that fear is completely useless now because of low success, mob not running away from me but does circles in one place most of the time, always running 'east' (or whatever direction is default) and range is only 50m.
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #27
chibiarc

I agree, the word rollback is simply wrong and therefore the request denied. A rework or adjustment would have been a better fitting one. I think they made the changes for a reason and in the worst case for a reason they are well aware of e.g. for future balance / combat / content but we are not.

Everything is in progress, stuff gets broken, stuff gets fixed, but a complete rollback would mean to discard the time and work spent for this aspect of the game and completely redo it. A further tuning of the changes instead of undoing them is what we need.
chibiarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #28
gcaldani

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukyn
Don't mistake please.
Yes, rollback are declined because devs can't re-add a bug, that make no sens.
But, we can read it : "We will work to increase your pleasure to play and use affilys".

So, if affy spells need to be corrected, I think, devs will do it, but NOT with a rollback.

And now, you can use your points to others things

Oh, someone i can quote for.
gcaldani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #29
liseke

if somebody would make a VALID suggestion about afflictions they would probably get my votes.
liseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #30
truman

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseke
if somebody would make a VALID suggestion about afflictions they would probably get my votes.

for pve put it back exactly as it was
is that valid? i don't know but as much as i enjoy this game i'm currently letting my painful (long story but what's wrong with direct payment by PayPal?) gamecard provided sub run out this weekend
thats how serious i think this issue is (yes i know no one is gonna miss my $11 U.S.)

there is no other MMO that can take its place so it is seriously going to be missed but the new "devs" don't seem to play the game and don't care about the players thoughts or opinions about it
eh, it seems there are plenty of subscriptions so pissing of a nice chunk of the population is of no concern

just one last question

does anyone actually like how fear works now?
truman is offline   Reply With Quote