Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 19th, 2009, 03:22 AM   #31
seawe

Re: Share your ideas for Ryzom

New suggestion created

http://feedback.ryzom.com/pages/2600...alance-affilys

All we want is to have them like before for PVE is the general consensus it seems. Higher lvl mobs can still be cast on but their resists and the link time diminishes the higher they are.

Personally I think 50 lvls above your lvl could be about max affectiveness. But of course you'd get alot of resists and the link time would be very very short against the max lvl. but the point is it'd still be doable. And I still think linking xp to the total time of links affect is a pretty ok idea.
seawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 04:16 AM   #32
orbdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawe
And I still think linking xp to the total time of links affect is a pretty ok idea.

If your XP was based on the amount of time linked, you would also have to adjust experience for how many hit points were healed, how much damage was done through nuking, how much damage was done through the tank... Healers and nukers would always win this one, and everyone winds up bitter. No pass, here. The current experience allocation and capping method is pretty well-balanced.

- Lomi
orbdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #33
grapes

Landing an affly on a mob 50+ levels above ur own is dumb. Why would affly's work but not ele? I actually think affly is now better than before. I bet the only complainers of the affly update are the ones that where rellying on it for PVP exploits.

grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 05:28 AM   #34
kalindra

The thing is, it's really harder for an afflictionnist to find a team than for an elementalist, as they are not deemed as "esential" as damage output which nearly forces afflictionnists to join a team of higher level players. They are often called XP leaches even if they do make the fight easier for their team either by making the mob less harmful to the tank or make it hit itself... Never heard of a mage that mastered affies first. It's usually their 4th + mastery (after nuke, heal and melee).

Now afflictionnists will have no choice but to team up with people using lower level skills (not impossible, just harder to find one that lets you in.) in order to master a skill that isn't nearly as life saving as it used to be, since the mob now recovers immediately after the link breaks. The life saving 3-5 second recovery gave you just the necessary time to cast another spell or to run the heck away. It's no longer possible. Now you have to be able to hold a fear link long enough in order to have time to cast a spell before the mob is back in your face hitting you.

Also, fear + root is no longer possible. As soon as the fear breaks, the mob starts running back towards you, and even if your root links, the mob keeps running for a couple more seconds...

These are not shenanigans, they are tested and observed facts. And Nitrouss is the last person I would call an incompetent. He thoroughly tested the changes to afflictions and how they affect people's gameplay.

I'm not the kind of person who will say "this sucks, roll it back!". More like "the new features have flaws that need to be worked on." I've seen games where my character's skills were nerfed into oblivion, rendering them useless and forcing me to re-spec. The affies are still usable, they're just not as powerful.

"Nerf the KPs, they are overkill !" what's next ? "Remove the new content, it's disturbing my grind." ?!?

The Exodus Syndicate

"Experience Perfection : Unharness Your Power"

"Ignore the flames or grill your marshmallows on them. Then feed them to the trolls so they keep their mouth shut."
kalindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 12:46 AM   #35
sidusar

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapes
Landing an affly on a mob 50+ levels above ur own is dumb. Why would affly's work but not ele?
Actually, even before the patch, it was a lot easier to hit a mob 50+ levels above your own with ele than with afflies. And even if the affly hit, the link would only last a second and not do much, while an ele spell would still do most of it's damage.

The only way in which affly could be considered overpowered, is in that it was possible (with a 5% chance, but still possible) to land a lvl 1 fear on a level 250 opponent, without getting a link but still removing them from battle for several seconds as the fear effect lingered without a link. That's it. In every other aspect, afflies were already underpowered compared to ele; harder to hit with and less advantage when you did hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalindra
Never heard of a mage that mastered affies first. It's usually their 4th + mastery (after nuke, heal and melee).
I know one, but that doesn't change the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalindra
what's next ? "Remove the new content, it's disturbing my grind." ?!?
In honesty, we have seen quite a bit of that every time there's been a world-altering event.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 07:07 AM   #36
seawe

orbdragon:
Quote:
If your XP was based on the amount of time linked, you would also have to adjust experience for how many hit points were healed...

No I was thinking of an affliction specific idea. The longer you hold the link the more xp you get. This would remove the issue of people fireing off a quick aff link for a sec to get full xp. Just a suggestion if it's an issue that the devs were looking at...

grapes:
Quote:
I actually think affly is now better than before.

I don't see how you could think its better, but you're entitled to your opinion. Afflictions should be just as powerful as any other spell imo. Reducing them to some sort of novelty spell or with extemely limited use is silly, especially cause they are very cool spells,

I'd really like to see defensive afflictions tweeked for solo harvesters and sneekers and you can land ele spell on 50+ mobs even 100+ mobs above, it happens, as it should since even a baby can stick a fork in your foot
seawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #37
bruare

How about adding ,'s in numbers so that we can read large amounts easier. Is 17643824 about 1M, 100K, or 10M. 17,643,824 I can tell.

And how about keeping the Sandbox in Ryzom rather than making an Event Mandatory? Personally, I am not enjoying not being able to do what I want cause of the massive Kitin spawns.

All that work on an event to just tick me off when a bit of work adding ,'s would make me .
bruare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #38
crs48

I personally would like to see

1. More quests available for xp
2. More area damage capability for spellcasters.
crs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #39
jlonier

Let us share items between characters on the same account and attach items in mail

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but reading through 50+ pages of suggestions is just too time consuming. I've talked with over with guild members and some of the people that hang out in Uni and everyone suggested I post about this again even if it's been mentioned before.

1) Allow items to be sent in mail so I can craft for friends and send items to them when they're not on line
2) And/or allow characters on same account to share apartments
3) Give us some other way of allowing characters on the same account to swap stuff. I hate having to find someone to hold my stuff while I log to the character I want to give the mats/crafted items/dappers or whatever. I know of no other game that makes you do this.

I looked into creating a second account just for this reason, but I don't really want to pay for two accounts just to share things between characters. And the second account won't have mouse look, a feature I use a lot) so it's basically only created to make a mule. Don't like that idea at all.

I've recently returned after 2+ year hiatus during which I played just about everything out there ('cept WoW which I refuse to play) and I ended up canceling every single sub and coming back to Ryzom. The issues above are my only complaint.

Oh, except for the self heal timer. That's new since I quit and came back and it drives me crazy. It's too damn long. I also don't like that the self heal animation is gone though it does now make it possible to heal yourself while fleeing.

Thank you for your consideration.
jlonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #40
meryan

Re: Let us share items between characters on the same account and attach items in mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlonier
I looked into creating a second account just for this reason, but I don't really want to pay for two accounts just to share things between characters. And the second account won't have mouse look, a feature I use a lot) so it's basically only created to make a mule. Don't like that idea at all.

I've recently returned after 2+ year hiatus during which I played just about everything out there ('cept WoW which I refuse to play) and I ended up canceling every single sub and coming back to Ryzom. The issues above are my only complaint.

Oh, except for the self heal timer. That's new since I quit and came back and it drives me crazy. It's too damn long. I also don't like that the self heal animation is gone though it does now make it possible to heal yourself while fleeing.

Thank you for your consideration.

Don't have a problem with my second account. It has mouse look (unless I am thinking of something totally different).

Been playing since February 2007 and I have always had to factor in the self heal timer....

But, I would love to customize and invite people into my apartment.

Mailing stuff to others would definitely be appreciated. I did notice on EQ2 that they have been putting in restrictions on what you can mail to other people, and who you can mail to (You can't mail anything to someone who is on a trial account).

Best place though to send your ideas is here: http://feedback.ryzom.com/pages/2600-english?lang=en

Last edited by meryan : January 8th, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
meryan is offline   Reply With Quote