Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #61
philu

Re: Share your ideas for Ryzom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezex13
First: there where (speed boots) in beta time with certain % (increased speed) for travelling vast space of Atys in less time just to res your team mate or join some actions or just (having enough speed to run from a certain mobs) hugely missed…

What's the difference between that and the existing Speed?

I like the idea of being able to repair items. It would need to have a "cost" of some sort, as well as requiring raw materials (a reduced number than the original craft required).

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
philu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #62
jwenting

Re: Share your ideas for Ryzom

Quote:
Couple of things needed in Ryzom....

First: there where (speed boots) in beta time with certain % (increased speed) for travelling vast space of Atys in less time just to res your team mate or join some actions or just (having enough speed to run from a certain mobs) hugely missed…

There's the speedup skill, which does the trick.
Permanent speed boots would just mean everyone moves at that speed always, unless you make them ultrarare in which case only a very few would have them (and they'd use them always to get an advantage over others).

Quote:
Second: ability to reverse engineering materials like weapon/armours/jewelleries etc (when they loose their quality)... Dismantle it/change and actually (repair it)...

There's enough complaints about people sharing recipes as is.
And a repair option would mean no more need for master crafters.

If I make something for someone and want to share the recipe, I'll share it by choice, thank you very much (and if they ask, I usually will share it).
But others feel different, and they'd just not craft for others any longer unless you bring them the mats maybe.

I'd not mind an option whereby a crafter could create a tool (using some pretty rare, hard to get mats maybe) by which she can repair something up to the level of their crafting ability and the q of the tool, with a high percentage chance of failure (success rate craft success rate squared maybe, so .85*.85 max and a penalty in durability as a result of a successful repair combined with destruction of the item if the repair fails).
jwenting is offline   Reply With Quote